The Schoolcar Experience

mediccjh

Another important lesson for everyone: for the conductors, there are some train operators who are always in a hurry to get through their trip. If you delay even slightly, they’ll push the door warning button. They’ll keep giving you two, not caring why you might be held up. If you have a legitimate issue., if you feel safety is at risk, remember, safety FIRST. 

I had one such operator recently. Someone was throwing things out of the train onto the platform. Ranging from empty food take out… TO A USED HYPODERMIC NEEDLE… yes, Oscar the grouch here was causing a bio-hazard.

I basically put it like this to them at the terminal…

You do YOUR job… and I’ll do mine. And my job is SAFETY.

for the new TOs, recognize that each individual station stop is a unique event. No two are the same. If it is taking your partner longer to close down, don’t automatically assume it’s laziness or incompetence and start being a jerk towards them. 

like today… I’m a little under the weather. I’m getting over a cold. I’m not going to be 110%. I might be having a sneezing fit back there. You’re where you need to be. You are getting paid. Rushing only results in mistakes.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Kamen Rider said:

Another important lesson for everyone: for the conductors, there are some train operators who are always in a hurry to get through their trip. If you delay even slightly, they’ll push the door warning button. They’ll keep giving you two, not caring why you might be held up. If you have a legitimate issue., if you feel safety is at risk, remember, safety FIRST. 

I had one such operator recently. Someone was throwing things out of the train onto the platform. Ranging from empty food take out… TO A USED HYPODERMIC NEEDLE… yes, Oscar the grouch here was causing a bio-hazard.

I basically put it like this to them at the terminal…

You do YOUR job… and I’ll do mine. And my job is SAFETY.

for the new TOs, recognize that each individual station stop is a unique event. No two are the same. If it is taking your partner longer to close down, don’t automatically assume it’s laziness or incompetence and start being a jerk towards them. 

like today… I’m a little under the weather. I’m getting over a cold. I’m not going to be 110%. I might be having a sneezing fit back there. You’re where you need to be. You are getting paid. Rushing only results in mistakes.

Well said i always told my partner " we a team" that's how it works..

Some of our coworkers dont know how to work well with others and that's a fact.

7 hours ago, RTOMan said:

Well said i always told my partner " we a team" that's how it works..

Some of our coworkers dont know how to work well with others and that's a fact.

That’s why my C/R and I were together for 14 years.