2012 Vintage train shopper special

pjbr40

The only announced event that is suppose to happen is the GCTs Train show: http://www.grandcentralterminal.com/go/mallevents.cfm?eventsonly=1 (Nov 21 - Feb 12)

For the R1/9, if it were to be cancelled this year (unknown), I wonder if this would be the first time... But I could care less. Same thing and line every year...

I found this on subchat

http://www.subchat.com/readflat.asp?Id=1186415

I like how someone says 11/29 it starts, in that page... A Thursday... lol... Even tho it is BS..

All well and good for you, but for some of us who have heard about the special runs, and have travelled halfway around the world (like many others I know), it would be a disappointment if it didn't happen this year, although understandable with the aftermath from Sandy.

As per the GO office and control center, starting this Sunday the Holiday train will run. More exact info to come once I get it, but it WILL run and don't bitch about it being "the same old thing".

holliday train + 4 car R32's on the (H) = A merry early Christmas lol, all jokes aside thanks for the info

All Vintage (M) departed from unused uptown (F) platform while rerouted (E) via 8th Av was departed from unused downtown platform when they had vintage train last year.

That is correct. The vintage (M) depart from the center N/B tracks at 2nd Avenue, which was the southern terminal for the (V) line. For one of the N/B trips last year, due to switch problems at 34th Street - Herald Square along 6th Avenue, the train did run along the (E) line from West 4th Street to Queens Plaza.

Like I said earlier, it will be interesting on December 2nd when the (C) line will also be using the 2nd Avenue station due to the General Order in effect for the Culver Viaduct along the (F) and (G) trains.

A few hours ago, I witnessed the crew move the R1 100, R4 484 and R7A 1575 out of the museum and they replaced it with the R40s - 4280/4281.

Happy Holidays!

Ooh the R40S in the museum? Can't wait to see that!

Archived