1998 Throwback: Omnitrans Orion V CNG #723

Turbo19

Continuing from my set of photos, here's another Omnitrans pic from So. Cal, except this one is nearly 15 years older! This isn't my first transit photo (and certainly wasn't my last), but here is what I was able to find in my room. I might be able to find more old stuff, but I think most of my stuff was damaged in a flood in my garage some years back.

Without further stalling, I present this Omnitrans Orion 5.501 CNG # 723, operating on the route 1 to Colton/San Bernardino. Coincidentally, this is the last bus of this order (700-723) to be delivered, and it's young age shows here.

Damn, it's memories all over again with the second (1986) Omni paint scheme. I can hear the L10G roaring right in front of my house. Please enjoy!

96orionin98.jpg

Cool pic!

Thanks. The quality could have been better but mind you this is a very old photo. If only you guys could've seen (and heard) these mofos in service. You could see them shining in the distance and the heavy growl was a nice reassurance that the bus was hauling ass up to your stop. My all time favorite fleet as a fan for sure.

Archived