•  

• You are viewing the forums as a guest. Register to gain access to all of our features.

Photo
    - - - - -

Packed New York City commuter ferry slams into Pier 11 in lower Manhattan

• Please log in to reply
    6 replies to this topic

#1 GojiMet86

GojiMet86
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 7,768 posts
    • LocationAstoria, Queens

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

[float=left]ferry-crash.jpg [/float]A crowded New Jersey ferry crashed Wednesday when docking in lower Manhattan, injuring 57 rush hour commuters who were tossed wildly across the damaged ship.

The Seastreak ferry bounced hard off two docking slips when arriving at Pier 11, sending riders tumbling down stairways and through glass doors before coming to a halt.

Two victims were in critical condition after the hard landing reduced the routine morning ride into a terrifying tableau of bloody passengers bolting from the damaged craft, authorities said.

Read more: Source

You can subscribe to my Youtube Channel at http://www.youtube.com/GojiMet86 and check my photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/47904859@N08/.

#2 Shortline Bus

Shortline Bus
    • Banned
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 13,992 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

Wow. An update. At least 2 of the riders are in life threanting serious/critical condition.

#3 Harry

Harry
    • Website Director
    • 3,330 posts
    • LocationUnion Square

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

Thread updated.

You may only use up to 2 lines of text in your signature.
    Up to 1 images • Images up to 800 x 80 pixels • Up to 2 URLs
    Posted Image

#4 peacemak3r

peacemak3r
    • PipPipPip
    • 2,181 posts
    • LocationLittle Neck, NY

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

Saw this this afternoon.  At first I thought it was the S.I. Ferry again and was about to call my cousin to see if he was there and if he was okay.  Luckily I then realized it wasn't.

#5 Via Garibaldi 8

Via Garibaldi 8
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 19,418 posts
    • LocationRiverdale, NY

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

Saw this this afternoon.  At first I thought it was the S.I. Ferry again and was about to call my cousin to see if he was there and if he was okay.  Luckily I then realized it wasn't.

Was thinking the same thing...

BxM2-RIVERDALE_zpsa98b6afb.gif

ROTTERDAM, PAESI BASSI

#6 pjbr40

pjbr40
    • PipPip
    • 992 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

i hope everyone recover quickly.  Next time you are on ferry boats stay off the stairs. this is reason why they keep playing this message. 

Edited by pjbr40, 09 January 2013 - 03:39 PM.

Posted Image

#7 NYCRailfan523

NYCRailfan523
    • Pip
    • 426 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:57 AM

Another sad story in New York..... :(

I hope everyone recovers quickly from this. 

Posted Image

The new (fantasy) sign at Stratford - Olympic Park Station, a complex shared by the DLR, London Underground, London Overground and National Rail services.

C - Central line
    J - Jubilee line
    SI - Stratford and Stratford International branch services of the Docklands Light Railway or DLR
    2 - North London line of the London Overground

This is Stratford station, NYC Subway style.

Legal Disclaimer: The NYC Transit Forums website is strictly for informational and entertainment purposes.
    This website is no way connected or affiliated with the MTA (Metropolitan Transportation Authority) or any other related transportation agency.
    It also claims no rights to the trademarks of MTA, NJT, Amtrak and any other listed transportation agency logo on this website.