Car inspector exam 3604 5/4/13

DiviouZz

hey everyone quick question i applied for the car inspector exam coming up in may of this year would anyone be able to tell me what sort of questions are on the exam so i can be able to brush up a bit and also what will the practical be is it something complicated or simple? thank you

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

As a rule, it's a basic electrical theory; electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic devices and components; proper selection and use of tools, instruments and materials; safe, proper and efficient work practices; reading and interpreting blueprints and drawings; performing job-related calculations.

Guys, somebody knows when will start next training class for CI?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Quick question: Does anyone knows how to find out the results of the CI exam that was given on 5/18/13 or what is the next step in the process. Thanks <SFGL>

its usually from 9 months to a year before you get your results.

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum, I just got a quick question..I recently took the 3604 car inspector exam. I received a letter in the mail that I should report to 180 Livingston St with my pre employment application and various documents for "temporary car inspector assignment B". What should I expect from this appointment? I am so anxious to find out since I have not received a list number as of yet! Any and all replies will  be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!

I recently also took the test eairlier this year and received the same letter also last week . I went down there and did the whole urine test thing but I am  still worried about this whole temporary provisional thing,, it dosent seem fair to ask someone to leave their job for a potential temporary job . they should just give the writtwen and practical test before they call people. I dont even have a list number but im guessing we both scored pretty high and thats why we got called already.

I did the pre emplyment and urine test today...what eats me up is that there are people there who cant read or write the english language and they passed the test? How can that be??? Anyway, I guess I'll find out in a couple of weeks what to do next...I'm not worried about that silly urine test anyway!

....Good luck...Gemini6kl

• 2 weeks later...

Hey leylomoa any word yet on the second part of the medical, did they call you? Im still waiting so just update me on this forum if they call you and i ill do the same. anyone else took the exam and got called feel free to update the board also.  thanks

I also had a drug test  about 2 weeks ago for temporary CI position. Didn't hear anything so far.

I hope to get a call from them in the nearest future, they are hiring a lot of people, so maybe drug test takes long time...

I heard that the next class will be starting December 2....I've already taken the drug test, just waiting for results and submit the rest of the paperwork..The million dollar question: Is there anyway possible for MTA to hire provisionals in one months time? 

Thanks for all your input.....

Hey leylomoa any word yet on the second part of the medical, did they call you? Im still waiting so just update me on this forum if they call you and i ill do the same. anyone else took the exam and got called feel free to update the board also.  thanks

I found out that the results from the urine test can be up to 90 days for results...I also found out that the next CI class begins Dec. 2....they are hiring only a handful of candidates...

ok great info. bye the way did u guys fill out the 21 page booklet yet. I went down to the social security office to get a print out of jobs worked but it only has the years of employment not the month, oh well i guess ill have to make do with that as they said to do the best u can at filling it out. I was kicked out of a previous job during  training a few years ago because i was late a few times i wonder if they will hold that againtst me? i hope not.

Hey guys, do you have any updates? Did they call to anyone? I am anxious about they could call me, but I had no reception a work... Does anyone know if they leave a voice mail, if I couldn't pick up the phone?

Thanks gemini! :-) I didn't start to fill out that application yet. By the way, if you took the print out from social security office, does the report show your previous employment, if you worked on 1099, as independent contractor? As far as I know they only include work history, when you worked on W2...

Thanks gemini! :-) I didn't start to fill out that application yet. By the way, if you took the print out from social security office, does the report show your previous employment, if you worked on 1099, as independent contractor? As far as I know they only include work history, when you worked on W2...

You dont have to go to social security office...go to socialsecurity.gov.....create a user name and password and youll be able to find out all your past earnings and what year you earned it...if you need a detailed print out of who you worked for and details , you have to pay at the s.s. office.  I needed about 37 years of past employment history and it was such a pain in the ass! But this job is well worth it! Havent heard anything as of yet...getting a little discouraged..:(

thanks for the link! 

Have you seen on MTA web site, that the practical exam for CI is scheduled at the end of November... I just don't understand, if the practical exam is scheduled so soon, why do they hire new people now for temporary position... I hoped so much to get this job, but now I am getting discouraged as well.. :-(

Well im actually happy thyre giving the practical already as i prefer to know im going in qualifed and ready for permanent status than leaving my job for something temporary  with the posibility of being laid off at any time. As for the ss office  I dont know exactly if they get the info from w2's or 1099's but i believe they use info that was reported to them every year via either an employer or yourself. You can alwasy call and find out.  i tried the online website for info but like the previous poster  said it dosent give the names of the jobs just gross salary for each year. Anyone know whats going to be on the practical exam? it would help.

I also got my letter a few days ago. It saids the apt for the practical part of the test  was in early  january,  i wonder if there is any truth to the December car insp class start date,  may be not i thhink its too early cause i didnt get any call backs yet. hey layloma is your apt for the practical in january also or eairlier.

Archived