Which depots should be weekday only?

jgood6195

Speaking of charleston, is it supposed to be express buses only? Can it take off some of the local lines that are closer there than just going back to Yukon or castleton?

Charleston basically was accounted for before it was even built because Yukon and Castleton had been bursting at the seams for years, which is one reason why Staten Island had such crap service for years and maintenance sucked as well... No room to increase service and not enough room to get buses fixed accordingly. It's more or less an overflow depot and since most of the runs are express runs #1 and #2 runs that both Yukon and Castleton had and can take on (since those two depots are still the busiest out of the four (and please I don't want a certain a-hole correcting me about what Meredith Depot is because I know about the facility), so it makes perfect sense to have Charleston be a weekday only depot.  All of those guys move around for the most part out on SI and a lot of the Castleton guys went over to Meredith.

Something else that's unique with Staten Island is that you have a lot of local buses that only run during the week and that also allows Yukon and Castleton to take on the few routes that Charleston would run on the weekends so should more routes run on the weekends, maybe the set up may change, but for now they have plenty of buses to run on the weekends out of both locations.

In your opinion, which ones? I say Maybe:

- 100th street

- Ulmer Park

- Grand Ave

- Spring Creek (again)

- Far Rockaway.

In your opinion, which ones? I say Maybe:

- 100th street

- Ulmer Park

- Grand Ave

- Spring Creek (again)

- Far Rockaway.

You got  Kingsbridge Depot for the weekdays route that Bx13 & Bx18  only... Why not West Farms Depot for Bx33 I know.

In NYC, none....

I guess you could make a case for YON, but I'm not sure if ECH has enough MCI's to cover all of the borough's (Bronx's) express runs.....

Yonkers will close for good at some point anyway, and all the routes and operators will be transferred out to Eastchester.

Maybe on weekends, NYCT could run the routes?

No they cant.

I'm serious though... I really think these folks have an agenda because their dedication to that line is unbelievable.  To waste an hour waiting for that bus and then almost another hour to get home.... Could've taken the train and been home already. The way I see it, if the (MTA) they would cut could that line because they have subway service right there.  The only reason that line is around is because those folks are clearly hell bent on using it.  It seems to show up whenever which may explain why they show up 20 mins early.  It's like a Staten Island version of the old X10, but now they can track the bus, so I really don't get why they wait like that.

Many people just don't like to ride the subway at all. My girl can't stand the subways and pretty muses uses the bus all the time. And she will wait if she has to. It's more comfortable, and as of late I have actually jumped on the bandwagon. I absolutely hate the (2) train and would opt for the BxM11 whenever I can. Plus , I can charge my phone, and use it!

I have yet to have scheduling issues on any trip I have had on the BxM6, 7, or 11.

Gotcha... Hmm interesting... So then provided that the BxM6 is on time and there isn't tons of traffic, it technically could be much faster than the (6).  Maybe this will get Shortline to stop calling for it to be cut. LOL  :lol: 

I know people who use the BxM6, and they would throw a fit if the service was discontinued. They recently had a stop changed when the Q44 went all artic on the weekdays.

Archived