•  

• You are viewing the forums as a guest. Register to gain access to all of our features.

Photo
    - - - - -

Police:Man Hit, Killed By Subway Train Following Fight In Harlem Station

• Please log in to reply
    50 replies to this topic

#1 Around the Horn

Around the Horn
    • PipPipPip
    • 2,498 posts
    • LocationAcross the Verrazano from Shaolin Land...

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

http://www.ny1.com/c...-harlem-station

FicComplete_zps7ee07d46.gif

"Mercury melted when the Sun rose,The storm struck when the heart sighed "I can't live without someone from the heart"-Dil Se

#2 jgood6195

jgood6195
    • Banned
    • PipPipPip
    • 1,277 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

Utter nonsense. -_-

#3 realizm

realizm
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 8,248 posts
    • LocationSomewhere lurking on the internets

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

Man they way crime in the subways are now it's almost like how out of control it was during the 70's and 80's with all the recent rash of incidents we've seen this year and the past year in 2011. OK maybe I am blowing this out of proportion but these trends in crime in the subway as well as the suicides are not good. Nowadays I am especially cautious when commuting for this reason. I never know when someone is going to flip out and start stabbing people with screwdrivers or pull out a electric saw and cut people (which really happened). Very disconcerting.

#4 Minato ku

Minato ku
    • PipPip
    • 783 posts
    • LocationMontrouge, Paris, France

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

In my opinion, the reality is more a higher media coverage than a real surge of crime.
    There been more people hit by train in 2011 than in 2012.

#5 realizm

realizm
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 8,248 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

Well there was the recent shootings on the (N) in Brooklyn too. Not to mention countless incidents of brawls on the trains, robberies, sexual misconduct etc. that never makes the news but goes viral on the internet.

That says a lot about how things are going downhill here....

#6 lilbluefoxie

lilbluefoxie
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 5,170 posts
    • LocationLong Island

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

the crazy thing is, hours earlier I was at that very same station heading towards Metro-North's Harlem-125 Street station.

marieforumbanner.jpg

#7 WMATA

WMATA
    • Veteran Member
    • Pip
    • 152 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

Falling off a moving train while dropping a deuce between cars? Emoticon-Facepalm.gif That guy has to be the MTA's first darwin award winner of 2013.

Edited by WMATA, 15 January 2013 - 08:05 PM.

#8 realizm

realizm
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 8,248 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

People having sex on the trains and stations (seen it for myself, really disgusting and totally disrespectful), people being assaulted (witnessed it), why there was a video posted somewhere on this forum via liveleak of a man who killed himself by electrocuting himself on the third rail. Shootings, stabbings..... The NYPD may need to consider beefing up security in the wake of the rash of violent incidents that has happened as of late.

Until that happens of course the smart thing to do is use common sense - be alert of your surroundings, hide all electronics, money, wallets and jewelry, walk away when provoked because you don't know if that person may be even armed with a bullet with your name on it. And on late night travels see to it you travel either in the T/O's car or the C/R's car to protect yourself.

When waiting for a train late night stay in the waiting area in the mezzanine if at all possible.

Now myself  I'm a trooper so I don't follow any of these rules. In all seriousness the random sicko on the train who f**ks with me is playing with fire believe me. But nethertheless it's good to use common sense to protect yourself. Point is from what I've seen lately and read in the news, crime is going up. I don't care what the newspapers are saying, something is wrong here in terms of security in our transit system. My two cents.

#9 qjtransitmaster

qjtransitmaster
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 8,810 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

Falling off a moving train while dropping a deuce between cars? [img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111107003558/runescape/images/1/1f/Emoticon-Facepalm.gif[/img] That guy has to be the MTA's first darwin award winner of 2013.
    facepalm ain't good enough to describe the fail these bums need to go they have violated the subways long enough. Next time give it you A game grim reaper. Nice try death better luck next time

#10 checkmatechamp13

checkmatechamp13
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 8,273 posts
    • LocationPlanet Earth

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

Falling off a moving train while dropping a deuce between cars? Emoticon-Facepalm.gif That guy has to be the MTA's first darwin award winner of 2013.

For some reason, I found this line kinda funny:

A homeless man at the station fell onto the tracks and suffered a broken pelvis and injured buttocks,

To help me restore the S67, sign here. The route would be restructured to benefit more people, and you could be one of them. Let's make this sign a reality. S67LocalGreenFlipdot1.gif?t=1375821967
    Sign made by R188 7857

Legal Disclaimer: The NYC Transit Forums website is strictly for informational and entertainment purposes.
    This website is no way connected or affiliated with the MTA (Metropolitan Transportation Authority) or any other related transportation agency.
    It also claims no rights to the trademarks of MTA, NJT, Amtrak and any other listed transportation agency logo on this website.