New Jersey Transit - Random Thoughts Thread

Orion VII 4 Life

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Howell did say those buses are more tug and pull when it comes to turning unlike the previous models when they first came up here. NJT still stunns me. Why don't they have a number destination sign on the SIDE of the bus like all of their buses do? They kept it MTA style which looks horrible.

Howell did say those buses are more tug and pull when it comes to turning unlike the previous models when they first came up here. NJT still stunns me. Why don't they have a number destination sign on the SIDE of the bus like all of their buses do? They kept it MTA style which looks horrible.

They're 100% MTA spec'd buses, that's how they were built. MTA seats, interior (they even have MTA no smoking/eating/whatever signs), powertrain (no Jakes), etc. What's stupid is how they can't put the route number on that sign like the MTA does.

Those mta rejects are crap. Idk what njt did to them.

They're pretty good, I don't see the problems though I heard some of the drivers don't like them because they don't have Jakes. They aren't governed though and they haul ass!

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

They do have retarders. Its just too quiet. I drove these many of times and the engine brake light comes on when you brake. Its a red light on the dash that says "engine brake".

If you listen hard enough you can almost hear it.

Man you sure you aren't thinking of the later 7100s (non-MTA reject CLs)? 7101-7118 are CTs built absolutely 100% to MTA specs and there's no jakes... they're also exclusively out of Howell. Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

Man you sure you aren't thinking of the later 7100s (non-MTA reject CLs)? 7101-7118 are CTs built absolutely 100% to MTA specs and there's no jakes... they're also exclusively out of Howell.

Positive bro, 7108 was at egg harbor for a while.

All of mtas mcis have retarders you just cant hear them.

Edited by 553 Bridgeton

They're 100% MTA spec'd buses, that's how they were built. MTA seats, interior (they even have MTA no smoking/eating/whatever signs), powertrain (no Jakes), etc. What's stupid is how they can't put the route number on that sign like the MTA does.

They're pretty good, I don't see the problems though I heard some of the drivers don't like them because they don't have Jakes. They aren't governed though and they haul ass!

You're not the one that has to drive them l0l. I'll take the word of the person that has driven them anyday.

Positive bro, 7108 was at egg harbor for a while.

All of mtas mcis have retarders you just cant hear them.

Yup, I barely hear them on our 22s whenever I gotta take the x10 back into the city....

Edited by Cait Sith

You're not the one that has to drive them l0l. I'll take the word of the person that has driven them anyday.

Yup, I barely hear them on our 22s whenever I gotta take the x10 back into the city....

Wow, the MTA actually ordered Jakes... how about that?

BTW I hear mixed stuff about the MTA rejectd, I hear a lot of drivers like how they haul ass but a lot don't like them because of the lack of Jakes (which apparently isn't the case).

Wow, the MTA actually ordered Jakes... how about that?

BTW I hear mixed stuff about the MTA rejectd, I hear a lot of drivers like how they haul ass but a lot don't like them because of the lack of Jakes (which apparently isn't the case).

uhhh....wut...retarders are not jakes, my friend...

Edited by Cait Sith

I'd like the CT's better if they had NJT seats and the number destination sign on the side.

BTW is Hilton short NABI transits or something? Because I saw two Suburbans doing the 52 today.

Funny, cause I was just riding on a Nova last night on the 107. lol

Been noticing some of the jitneys now using Thomas C2 and IC school buses instead of cutaway crap, and honestly I'd rather ride one of those than a CRAPI. I know they run the Blvd. East-PABT route under Sphinx Transportation and Johnny's Taxi, what other routes have you guys seen them running?

Blvd East - PABT jitneys are run by Sphinx & Fugi. Johnny's Taxi are ads on those buses.

Rode the 64H this morning, decided to take it up here along with PATH instead of the 139 since I had to do some shopping in the Newport mall. The last 3 buses for the morning were all 74xx MCIs, I know they keep the CNGs and D4000s off it (and with good reason, my bus was packed) but I was expecting to see at least a MTA reject or a CL, and if I was lucky 7202. I ended up with 7458, second to last 64 of the morning, saw 7460 on the last bus once I got up here. The Clever Devices aren't programmed yet, but the one on my bus was really going nuts (the front screen kept going like CLEVER DEVICES LTD. then a bunch of numbers would show up and the LEDs would flash.

Anyway, A&C RTS 1573 has a really f**ked up sign, I gotta upload my video of it.

Well for the second time in a week a B/O decided to snap a pic of me taking pics and maybe called me in too, first time was on Friday up in Newport with an A&C driver. This was a NIS bus on Route 9, guy got out of his seat at a red light to snap a pic. Gotta love suburbia... I smiled and waved at him too lol and got out of there before I could find out if he called me in.