Anyone ready for the biggest snowstorm to hit NYC area in 2 years?

Shortline Bus

Nope.

But thanks for the heads up, always better to be forewarned. Man it's been a really bad winter this year, just as I predicted in October last year. Hurricane Sandy was the sign indicating wild weather in the Northeast for the 2012/2013 winter season.

Guys. Ready for maybe the biggest snowstorm (not counting the Halloween 2011 snow event)to hit NYC in over 2 years this Friday 2/8/13?

Yes!

The better question is, is anyone ready for the overblowing of this snowstorm.....

No!

Yay. I love weather like this

Me too!

This!

Usually storms like this will be overhyped by the media.... Although at times, a storm can live up to the expectations...

And that's the problem. The media hypes everything up, so it ends up being a case of "the boy who cried wolf". They hype everything up so much that you don't know when it's going to actually be bad. Hurricane Sandy would be one example.

Anyone see this completely OUTRAGEOUS forecast by NBC? They need to get some new computers if their models are predicting 30-40 inches. I saw their normal computer models just a few minutes ago predicting 38, the American model predicting 4.4 and the European model (wasn't this the one that foretasted Sandy?) predicting 12.8... I bet meteorologists are going nuts on which ones they should actually believe...

nbcstormteam.jpeg

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Snow-Coastal-Storm-Forecast-New-York-New-Jersey-Connecticut-189984681.html

I took the day off today but now since I switched shifts I MUST report to work on Friday. Screwed myself up real good. Guess I'll pull that Northface snowsuit out of the closet and get ready to pay a good few hundred dollars to get Keiko an ill one too. She wants this one that is pink on grey that she saw on Bleeker Street in SoHo a few days ago .... as the saying goes: Hindsight is 20/20. Guess I'll be eating canned beans for lunch for the next week lol.

F U mother nature you're even killing my wallet!

Anyone see this completely OUTRAGEOUS forecast by NBC? They need to get some new computers if their models are predicting 30-40 inches. I saw their normal computer models just a few minutes ago predicting 38, the American model predicting 4.4 and the European model (wasn't this the one that foretasted Sandy?) predicting 12.8... I bet meteorologists are going nuts on which ones they should actually believe...

nbcstormteam.jpeg

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Snow-Coastal-Storm-Forecast-New-York-New-Jersey-Connecticut-189984681.html

(7) train snowy fun time!!!!

Archived