Simcity 2013

Harry

Loved the franchise since I was but a lad. Those douchebags at EA have ruined this version with their need-to-be-online DRM. Problem is, their servers can't handle the load, so nobody can actually play the damn game. I was going to preorder it, didn't. Considering myself lucky.

This is insane. Currently, every server is busy, and one is full and I cannot log into SimCity. SimCity really f***ed themselves up by making this multiplayer.

By "SimCity" you mean EA there. The point is always-online DRM, which as usual, ends up hurting people who buy the game and not actual perpetrators of video game piracy.

Shows you how out of the game world I am...had no idea a new SimCity even existed until I saw this thread, hell yeah I'm gonna buy it, game was my jam around ten years ago. Such a good game back then, hope it's alright now.

Shows you how out of the game world I am...had no idea a new SimCity even existed until I saw this thread, hell yeah I'm gonna buy it, game was my jam around ten years ago. Such a good game back then, hope it's alright now.

I'd hold off on that until it becomes actually playable if I was you...

Now what happens when EA takes the servers offline permanently like Atari did to Test Drive Unlimited (by the way, TDU2 sucks major genitalia)? Then the game = worthless & unplayable. I like SimCity, but screw forced online DRM.

I got the servers to work. I just waited the wait to get in, got in, and have left my computer on. I have built a decent size city. The bad, to find that city, you must go in the same server. It has amazing graphics, and a great simulation. I love it!

Yes, but I'm having an issue where I cannot start a city, along with millions of others. Plus, the servers cannot take demand, a huge problem.

SimCity 4 by far, was the most above par game of the last decade.

I love SimCity 4! I haven't played it in awhile though... It seems folks from my city are more pro car than pro public transit though... Very little people take the subway/buses... The subway in my city is pretty huge though...

---------------------------------

It turns out the new SimCity has now caught media attention due to the issue with the new game...

For the article, click here

If they fix the issue by not needing internet access to play the game, I might just get this game... I'm interested in it...

Note that when it came first, more than 10 years ago, Sim City 4 only had underground subway, two lanes streets or highway.

It is with the Rush Hour addon that the game really become great for creating big transit system and cities. 

SimCity 4 by far, was the most above par game of the last decade.

I don't get why they didn't understand that what fan wanted was an updated Sim City 4.

Huge possibility, easy modding...

The new things added in the new Sim City are interesting but the game become less attractive if it doesn't have all what Sim City 4 had.

a Sim City without subway is laughable

SimCity 5 is more car biased, and has no Subway/El or Monirail. But, SimCity 2013 includes Light Rail, like included in the Network Addon Mod for SimCity 4.

It doesn't have Subway/EL? Damn... Was looking forward to that if I got the new SimCity... Does it have buses though?

By the way, is there to make folks take the subway/bus more in SimCity 4?

Note that when it came first, more than 10 years ago, Sim City 4 only had underground subway, two lanes streets or highway. It is with the Rush Hour addon that the game really become great for creating big transit system and cities. 

I don't get why they didn't understand that what fan wanted was an updated Sim City 4.

Huge possibility, easy modding...

The new things added in the new Sim City are interesting but the game become less attractive if it doesn't have all what Sim City 4 had.

a Sim City without subway is laughable

When I first got SimCity 4, It came with the rush hour pack which I agree with you that it made the game much more interesting...

Not only did they cut subways, but this online-only thing is a joke. So your progress is just going along, and if you get disconnected it's lost. You can't go back to a previous "save" since it's all online. And you better remember which server you were on when you started, less you want to do the tutorial again and have your city automatically get abandoned. It's an absolute joke of a game. But hey, it's great if you want to create small completely car-oriented cities. They dropped the ball on this game big time.

LOL @ people blaming the franchise name "Sim City" ... When they should be blaming EA.

EA has really been going into the crappers, not only with this but with other games as well. (ie shutting down online servers within the year of release even when it's still popular.)

I was just about to buy this until reading up on more 1 star reviews..just saved myself $60.  Also I believe Sim City 2013 was taken off Amazon because of it's overwhelming amount of 1 star reviews.  Back to SC4 for me!

Who knows... Maybe subways/EL will be added as a DLC in the furture for the SimCity 5?

LOL @ people blaming the franchise name "Sim City" ... When they should be blaming EA.

EA has really been going into the crappers, not only with this but with other games as well. (ie shutting down online servers within the year of release even when it's still popular.)

I was just about to buy this until reading up on more 1 star reviews..just saved myself $60.  Also I believe Sim City 2013 was taken off Amazon because of it's overwhelming amount of 1 star reviews.  Back to SC4 for me!

Agreed... EA has been slipping... Their games were better back then...

I'm going back to SimCity 4 too...

Archived