Abusing negative reputation votes

Harry

I'm looking for anyone who is abusing the negative reputation vote. You can private message me let me know who you think is abusing the system. I will look into it and take the proper action.  This is an action I must take to make sure this new system is not being abused by immature users.

By abusing I mean:
Voting negative when you disagree with someone's post even if the post was harmless, did not interupt the thread, was no spamming involved, and no one was insulted.  That's abuse.

If you disagree with a post that's fine, that is your right but you don't have to give negative reputation for it.  Now if the poster is disrupting the discussion, derailing the topic, spamming or insulting other users fine.  You can negative rep those posts all you want.

^^^^^^^ This. +1 of course to both posts.

Couldn't have worded it any better than peacemak3r did.

I don't recall many of us more mature minded members (And that means not just us adults, many teens who also post here show surprisingly high levels of maturity and IQ) giving down votes to troll or just because of a simple opinion that may not match with the minority as long as it is expressed intelligently and with tact instead of as a rant, or as flamebait. 

I've seen much improvement actually in the last couple of weeks on the part of all regular members. We're getting there and progressing as an internet community. It looks like Harry your policy is working.

I'm looking for anyone who is abusing the negative reputation vote. You can private message me let me know who you think is abusing the system. I will look into it and take the proper action.  This is an action I must take to make sure this new system is not being abused by immature users.

By abusing I mean:

Voting negative when you disagree with someone's post even if the post was harmless, did not interupt the thread, was no spamming involved, and no one was insulted.  That's abuse.

If you disagree with a post that's fine, that is your right but you don't have to give negative reputation for it.  Now if the poster is disrupting the discussion, derailing the topic, spamming or insulting other users fine.  You can negative rep those posts all you want.

I see okay.

• 1 year later...

Archived