The very first Bx46

Cool pics! I thought it was starting service later this year.

Nah, it started today. I think the MTA did a horrible job in advertising the Bx46, because no one knew about the route, everyone didn't know the hours, everyone was confusing it for a Bx6 counterpart and all that stuff. They better start advertising the Bx46 to Baretto Pool Park. So I doubt the Bx66 will operate this summer.

Nice pics. Hopefully the Bx46 does well. This is the first new bus route in how long that the MTA created from scratch? (I don't really count the S89 because it's like an S59 Limited.)

Nice pics. Hopefully the Bx46 does well. This is the first new bus route in how long that the MTA created from scratch? (I don't really count the S89 because it's like an S59 Limited.)

The Q52 was made in July, so that's 10 months since a route was created. At the current rate of the Bx46, its set up for failure. Barely anyone rode it because nobody knew when it was gonna start. There weren't any notices, only on the MTA's website.

Good catch man! ;)

Thanks!

Good catch man.looks like someone beat me too it lol.

Lol

Great shots of that new route

Thanks!

I wonder how long this route will last. I hope it's not set up for failure.

Ironically, the Bx6 BO's want the Bx46 to start earlier than 8:30 AM. So in other words, the Bx46 might be enhanced starting next pick.

Nah, it started today. I think the MTA did a horrible job in advertising the Bx46, because no one knew about the route, everyone didn't know the hours, everyone was confusing it for a Bx6 counterpart and all that stuff. They better start advertising the Bx46 to Baretto Pool Park. So I doubt the Bx66 will operate this summer.

Not really, Bx46 posters have been posted in a lot of places and inside of buses. IMO, they did a fine job with it. It's the passengers that are stupid.

What time were those pics taken?

The Q52 was made in July, so that's 10 months since a route was created. At the current rate of the Bx46, its set up for failure. Barely anyone rode it because nobody knew when it was gonna start. There weren't any notices, only on the MTA's website.

Eh, I consider the Q52 a spin-off to the Q53. But that's just me I guess.

Cool....

I aint feel like panning up to the Bronx today.... Probably will ride the route sometime during the week; take the BxM10 to the 1st dropoff (can't call it atm, whereever it is along morris park; doesn't matter to me) & walk back to the E 180th st subway (I wanna see how the new station renovation looks for myself) to the 2/5 & ride the full Bx46 from prospect subway.... Part that's gonna suck is getting back to brooklyn; really don't feel like riding the Bx6 into manhattan for the D to the B - Especially if the yankees got a home game tomorrow night (If that's the case then I'll just ride the Bx6 to the 6 to the 4/5 back to brooklyn & call it a night).....

same here....

Cool....

I aint feel like panning up to the Bronx today.... Probably will ride the route sometime during the week; take the BxM10 to the 1st dropoff (can't call it atm, whereever it is along morris park; doesn't matter to me) & walk back to the E 180th st subway (I wanna see how the new station renovation looks for myself) to the 2/5 & ride the full Bx46 from prospect subway.... Part that's gonna suck is getting back to brooklyn; really don't feel like riding the Bx6 into manhattan for the D to the B - Especially if the yankees got a home game tomorrow night (If that's the case then I'll just ride the Bx6 to the 6 to the 4/5 back to brooklyn & call it a night).....

same here....

Actually the Bx46 is a full loop. The 46 basically lays over at Hunts Point (the drivers let you stay on the bus while its on layover, and then goes back to the Prospect Avenue (2)(5) station, so there isnt a need to pay a double for fanning purposes) and the Bx46 also connects to the Bx6 so thats basically a good thing.

Well, the X9 was a relatively new route (It was back in the early 2000s), but you could consider it another branch of the X1.

I guess you could consider the S93 a new route, because it's not really a true limited of the S53.

Nice pics. I might fan the 46 on Friday or Saturday.

Thanks. By Friday or something the route should catch up. I'll fan it again some other time from now, to evaluate the service levels

So here's how it went down

Prospect Avenue (2)(5)

Passengers: 1 (Me)

Hunts Point Market South:1

Hunts Point Market South:1

Hunts Point Market North:-1

Prospect Avenue (2)(5) : -2

That's $7.75 more for the MTA.

Archived