Those who passed Conductor Exam #8094 and received a letter to take BOSS exam for TA

lawkev

This thread is for those who passed Conductor Exam #8094  and received a letter to take the BOSS exam for TA.

I took the exam this week and they told us that the letter was incorrect. They say this does not take you off of list #8094. It is only an opportunity. Was any one else told this?  We also had the option to take part time when it becomes available. Any thoughts, comments or info can be shared here. 

Thanks 

• 1 month later...

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My list number is in the 1600's and I got a letter that said they do not take you off the conductor's list however; My husband is in the 4300's and he got the same letter for b/o and his letter states he WILL be taken off the list - I am assuming that's because he is so far down on the list.

I received the letter on 3/29 to take the survey for b/o on 4/10, got a letter on 4/25 to go for the drug test on 5/21 and now I wait....

Hubby is going down for survey on 6/12. 

My list number is in the 1600's and I got a letter that said they do not take you off the conductor's list however; My husband is in the 4300's and he got the same letter for b/o and his letter states he WILL be taken off the list - I am assuming that's because he is so far down on the list.

I received the letter on 3/29 to take the survey for b/o on 4/10, got a letter on 4/25 to go for the drug test on 5/21 and now I wait....

Please let us know if they tell hubby the same thing that they told me.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Same thing here. I received the offer letter as well. Just like your husband my letter stated I will be removed from the list if I accept the offer for B/O. I came to the same conclusion in regards to some names being removed and some not. It's more than likely due to the amount of list #'s they expect to reach before the list expires which I'm sure is predicted based on estimated vacancies.

Congrats...did you have prior experience driving or are you already a city employee?  I wish I would get a call to go down for medical and get this show on the road lol

I feel you I am waiting as well. Don't worry it's coming soon. Any good news for your hubby yet?

I'm not a city employee. I do drive a truck now though, don't think that matters though. Just hope I qualify in these 10 days. Couldn't take a leave of absence from my job for the training. Nothing to fall back on. Just need to look forward and hope for the best. I'll keep you guys updated.

My friend who got on 2 years ago had ten years experience driving a school bus and was put they the steps quickly; which is why I asked.  Good luck today

No news on hubby yet. He took the survey on June 12..so if he is following the same time frame, and passed the survey, he should be getting a letter next week.  (I went for survey on 4/10 and got letter to come down for pre-employment 4/25ish)

I'm not a city employee. I do drive a truck now though, don't think that matters though. Just hope I qualify in these 10 days. Couldn't take a leave of absence from my job for the training. Nothing to fall back on. Just need to look forward and hope for the best. I'll keep you guys updated.

I know as I'm typing this your probably still at 180 but, Don't worry about anything it will all work out great and after you finish processing today you will be a city employee. As far as the training goes as loon as you open your ears and follow instruction well you will have no problem getting through it. The fact that you have commercial driving experience will help in terms of you already being comfortable behind the wheel of a larger vehicle if nothing more. Just allow yourself to let the instructor show you the techniques required and look forward to graduation. Good luck I'll check back later for a good news update.

As long as*

Thanks for the positive feedback. I'm now a city employee and will be starting training July 1st

YESSSSSS! CONGRATULATIONS! Happy Dance!

Don't forget to get your temporary uniform this week.

Your more than welcome.

I have an appointment on 7/1 for pre-interview and drug test. Does anyone know if I declined this bus offer and then reinstated myself to the list would I still be eligible for the B/O offer or would I just be on the C/R list?

Thanks

Just got off the phone with HR - I have to report on 6/28/13 for another drug test - the first one I took on 5/21/13 expired!  I was hoping to report for medical but I guess this will have to do.  Anybody else?

dont be surprised if they have you go through all the motions that same day. If this is for B/O, the next class is July 1st

There is also a class on the 15th. Just because they call you in for drug test or medical does not necessarily mean they are ready for you. It depends on the list number. If you want to know what number they are up to for TA bus operator off of 8094 call (347) 643-8213 and ask for Jaunita Chestnut.

Well maybe I will bring everything just incase..get you never know lol.  Didn't know there was another class on the 15th for bus operator. And yes I am 163x.  I didn't know they tell you where they are up to I just thought they would keep saying not at your number yet. I guess you have to ask the right questions  ;)

Well maybe I will bring everything just incase..get you never know lol. Didn't know there was another class on the 15th for bus operator. And yes I am 163x. I didn't know they tell you where they are up to I just thought they would keep saying not at your number yet. I guess you have to ask the right questions ;)

I was there yesterday. I start traning on 7/15 for MTA bus. I am also on 8094. I got a letter to go down on 7/1 for pre-interview and drug screen for TA off of 8094. I was advised at HR to go with MTA bus for now because 8094 has not gotten to my number yet. If I wait for TA now It would be a little while before I start training. They told me to call the number in my previous post at the end of July to find out what number they are up to. Then reinstate myself to 8094 for TA B/O. If the Creator wills. My list # on 8094 is 25xx. @flowerpower you seem to be getting close. Wish you all the best. This opportunity is a blessing. I want to make the most out of it.

Archived