B/O 4600 Hiring Process

Message added by +Young+

BUS OPERATOR #4600

List Status Update: 1/16/22 The list for this specific exam has been extended to January 6th, 2024.

Training: See the DOB New Hire FAQ topic for more information.

Next Scheduled Class: You will be scheduled with candidates of more recent Bus Operator exams (which are pinned), so check those threads for more information.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

For those who will be reporting to Livingston Street in the future, click here for the pre-employment packet and click here or for extra pages of the CPD-B booklet (if you need them) for final processing.

Next, for those of you who are still waiting, you folks might want to check out this and this YouTube video. In addition, if you need help getting your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com which is free!! Remember, the multiple-choice tests you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

Finally, if you need to make an appointment at the DMV to take the multiple-choice examinations for your Commercial Learner's Permit, click here.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. We're here to help each other.

Good luck!

Come to find out my name was taken of the list. So I had to email DCAS today so they can restore my name back to the list. Now I have to wait for DCAS to send me any confirmation in regards. This sucks...

I guess im in the same or similar situation well i was called in and did my drug test and medical i actually did mu drug test 2 times and my medical one time and i was suppose to be in the dec 26 class and then after doin everythin and passon my medical and all i was told that they class was full and i had to wait until next class whoch is not till march .. i just hope im still on the list ima call and double check bc it sounds like this people are acting crazy and it doesnt help much that u call and try to speak to them and they want to give attitude but lets see what happens and good luck to everyone

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

same thing happen to me ,I received letter from MTA stating I was removed from list because all classes were full. I went to DCAS to get name back on list, they told me it was because i didnt show up for medical, i was never called for medical, plus my drug test expired and they would of had to do new drug test before medical, i reinstated at DCAS and the woman said to stay in touch with Mrs Chestnut. I think we were both trying for Dec 26 class....I didnt know they could just remove you from list, for 2 different reasons, class full or didnt go to medical,,,,I am going to call Mrs Chestnut

Did u guy ever try callin dcas from time to time i always call jist to make sure im still on the list bc this people make alot of mistakes .. they got me runnin around i did two drug test and a medical to them find out the class is full and had to wait till march and possible have to do everythin all over.. well defenitly have to do drug test again and depending on how long is been when they call me back ill have to do a medical probably again .. will defenitly stay in touch i always call to find out if they scheduled the next class already if i find anythin out ill keep u guys updates ..

Hi, I'm new to this site and this is my first time posting. I appreciate all the info great work everyone. I pass 4600 have my list number and now I'm just wondering if anyone knows what number they're up to with exam 4600?

Last class 12/26/16 , last hired list # is about 1880.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by kneller

If anyone gets notified to report too Livingston for medical or final processing can you please post & let us know[/quot

Have u heard about the next class date for this exam? I dont think they callin anyone for medical anytime now bc last time i called they told me they had no class date for this exam as of yet...

Edited by rafael28

If anyone gets notified to report too Livingston for medical or final processing can you please post & let us know[/quot

Have u heard about the next class date for this exam? I dont think they callin anyone for medical anytime now bc last time i called they told me they had no class date for this exam as of yet...

Last time I called they said not sure when, but nothing for this month

ame="rafael28" post="912996" timestamp="1486247063"]

Last time I called they said not sure when, but nothing for this month

I was also told that last time i called they aaid nothin until march but if i heard anythin different ill defenitly let everyone know is this post and good luck to all...

Any update has anyone else got called in for pre employment?

Hello, I went today for drug screening  Feb 11, about 50 people there today all from exam 4600, more then half were there for medical and the rest for drug screening, next class starts march 6. Pre employment starting again.

Oh wow

Hello, I went today for drug screening  Feb 11, about 50 people there today all from exam 4600, more then half were there for medical and the rest for drug screening, next class starts march 6. Pre employment starting again.

How did u find out there all for 4600 .. bc if thats the case it must be a big class on march 6... thanks for the update

Oh wow

How did u find out there all for 4600 .. bc if thats the case it must be a big class on march 6... thanks for the update

I received call this past Wednesday to report today for drug screen, the girl i spoke told me that everyone on Saturday, today, will be from exam 4600, I forgot to ask how may the MTA was approved for this hiring cycle, If I get my medical this week, i will ask that question. I was in at 8am and out 10am, very fast today, like i said only 50 or so today. i spoke to person checking me in and ask, why Saturday?, she stated because they have new exams that cleared for hiring, and there going to be very busy.

I received call this past Wednesday to report today for drug screen, the girl i spoke told me that everyone on Saturday, today, will be from exam 4600, I forgot to ask how may the MTA was approved for this hiring cycle, If I get my medical this week, i will ask that question. I was in at 8am and out 10am, very fast today, like i said only 50 or so today. i spoke to person checking me in and ask, why Saturday?, she stated because they have new exams that cleared for hiring, and there going to be very busy.

Oh ok good to know thanks for the update ..i just got my called to come back in i already did my medical ...