Bronx DJ electrocutes himself, then hit by train trying to grab dropped iPhone

Man electrocuted, run over by train in trying to grab dropped iPhone

By AARON FEIS and REBECCA HARSHBARGER

Last Updated: 4:51 PM, June 1, 2013

Posted: 2:59 PM, June 1, 2013

WPR_DOA-1152404--525x350.jpg

David Greene

Police and EMS arrive on the scene of the deadly train mishap in The Bronx, but it was too late. DJ Francisco Diego Jr. was fatally electrocuted and then struck while retrieving a dropped phone.

A Bronx DJ dropped his iPhone on the subway tracks this morning — but was electrocuted after he was too impatient to let a worker retrieve it for him, police sources said.

Francisco Diego, Jr. told a toll booth clerk he had dropped the smartphone shortly before 1:10 a.m. at the Wakefield-241st Street station, sources said.

She told him to wait while she would help him get it.

_MG_0246164724--300x300.JPG
Facebook
Francisco Diego Jr., killed over dropped iPhone.

But when a downtown 2 train arrived at the scene, Diego went between two of the cars and tried to grab it—only to electrocute himself on the third rail, sources said.

The train started moving, and he was knocked onto the tracks, where he was struck by the train, sources added.

There were no other passengers on the subway, which was heading to a yard.

EMS rushed him to Jacobi Hospital, but he could not be saved, cops said. No criminality is suspected.

Diego worked as a security guard and was one of twelve children, according to his family. He lived in the Foxhurst section of The Bronx and loved to deejay.

He went by the name DJ Tech Trackz, relatives said.

“He was a hard worker. Everybody loved him,” said his devastated sister, Melissa Diego, 26. “His thing was music, making music all the time, throwing parties.”

_MG_0240163811--525x350.JPG

Tomas Gaston

Francisco Diego Jr.'s devastated mother is comforted outside her home.

Source: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/bronx/bronx_subway_electrocutes_himself_O4iErA3POhVA4gRq151fAL

Stop with the 12-9s!!! And it's for a stupid reason. Notify an MTA empolyee or police officer to tell them that you dropped something on the tracks. That's what I did. Don't do anything stupid

That's what this guy did. He had no patience and just had to try and get it himself. SMH...

"Francisco Diego, Jr. told a toll booth clerk..."

36SNOJt.gif

.....Anyway, classic example of how sheer impatience can cost you your life.... At first, he actually did what most folks wouldn't do (go over to the s/a for assistance).... Well, be there as it may, I swear, lotta MF-ers don't have critical thinking skills worth a damn... Goin board a train & wedge yourself b/w two cars to reach something on the tracks....

Quite sure that wasn't the TRACK he wanted to be remembered being on !

I see wot you did there.

We really need screen doors; all these 12-9 prevention methods are not working at all...

I've got a better idea. Instead of spending millions of dollars to fit screen doors maybe people should be less stupid and gain some common sense so they won't run onto train tracks where they would either be electrocuted or killed by a train.

P.S. I guess people don't pay enough attention to the Old West movies anymore. If you get what I mean.

I've got a better idea. Instead of spending millions of dollars to fit screen doors maybe people should be less stupid and gain some common sense so they won't run onto train tracks where they would either be electrocuted or killed by a train.

P.S. I guess people don't pay enough attention to the Old West movies anymore. If you get what I mean.

I'm wondering about the education level of these 12-9 "victims". I've been hearing the majority of incidents happen just out of lack of common sense and things like this can cripple an industry financially

May I suggest shutting down the entire system down until everyone gets their heads out of their fourth point of contact?

Archived