Since the trip involved way more than one entity of our regional transit, I will post everything in this thread to keep the continuity of the trip. 

DSC8257.jpg

DSC8281.jpg

DSC8306.jpg

DSC8329.jpg

DSC8374.jpg

DSC8441.jpg

DSC8493.jpg

DSC8545.jpg

DSC8564.jpg

DSC8573.jpg

DSC8587.jpg

I bet that can't qualify as the shortest trip between Penn station and Grand Central Terminal. 

What was your routing to the tip of Long Island and back? I like your shots of 422 and the SCT Orion NGs!

Penn to Greenport with transfer at the Ronkonkoma, then S92 to Orient Point, followed by Cross Sound ferry to New London. In New London I boarded Shore Line East to New Haven, Metro North covered the distance between between NH and GCT. 

When I went out there a couple of years ago (took all local buses from Jamaica to Montauk), the ST's with the color changing LED's were all showing yellow (which appears in the photo as a bit greenish). Yet you also have one showing red. What is the pattern behind that? (Or could it be one of those exposure effects, since the yellow is made with red and green?)

When I went out there a couple of years ago (took all local buses from Jamaica to Montauk), the ST's with the color changing LED's were all showing yellow (which appears in the photo as a bit greenish). Yet you also have one showing red. What is the pattern behind that? (Or could it be one of those exposure effects, since the yellow is made with red and green?)

Good catch, I actually didn't pay attention to changing colors. I looked at other photos and it seems that the route number is red and the name is orange, any other colors seem to be a side effect of high shutter speed. Just like 160's with incomplete circles at high shutter speed, there might be some pattern on those signs, that when viewed with human eye are normal, and at high speed begin having different effects.

Archived