Conductors List 2013

KingNaya

My list #1169. I was called down Wednesday 5/22/13 for pre-employment and drug testing. They told me to wait for a call for medical and final processing, but that goes where u at on the list. Called 3 diff times to see where they at on the list and its actually moving. 1st call on 6/5/13 the last hired #1012 the next week the last hired list #1023 and the next call 2 weeks later the last hired list #1091. So in 3 weeks the list has been moving. Also I was told there was 4 slots left for the July class and MTA is already at list #1091. Also I was told there will be an August and September class... So I'm just praying.... Good luck everyone :)

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Problem @LMDNYC I've been calling (347)643-8218 Mrs. Shivers. She is in charge of the conductors list and hiring. Also how far are u on the list??? What's your list # if you dnt mind me asking? You dnt have to give me the exact # maybe just the range :)

@Memd78... I'm anxious... But a lot of people are taking the B/O position because they think they won't get Conductor position

@Memd78 dnt worry about... I have 78 people in front of me.... Just trust The Lord...everything will be fine

No Problem @LMDNYC I've been calling (347)643-8218 Mrs. Shivers. She is in charge of the conductors list and hiring. Also how far are u on the list??? What's your list # if you dnt mind me asking? You dnt have to give me the exact # maybe just the range :)

im in the 1900's

I know I have a ways to go but im just real happy the list is moving

glad to be under 2000

• 3 weeks later...

Everyone I spoke to Mrs.Shivers today and i was informed i had to report back down on 8/12/13 to redo my DT (2nd) cause its about to expire and paperwork, because it was lost smh... so i guess there should be more info next week... my list #1169

@ladymax your going for medical on friday wow congrats... Do u have to redo your DT also or this is just for medical and final processing

@LMDNYC No Problem I wouldn't call Dcas because Dcas isn't handling MTA lists anymore you can call Mrs.Shivers directly... She is in charge of the conducts to be hired so give her a call directly (347)643-8218

This Is Gonna Sound Real Paranoid (lol) But Doing The Math

If The Last Hired Is Really 1091 Then I Have 852 People In Front Of Me 

So I Have To Hope That Between Getting Hired, Not Getting Hired, Not Taking The Position Or Not Being Eligible That The MTA Blows Through 852 People By Feb 16th 2015 

That's 19 Months And 16 Days lol

Im Currently On The Outstanding Certification List According To The DCAS Record Last Updated 2 Days Ago 

I Should Be Ok Before It Expires Right? 

Don't worry... Have faith believe you will have this job... Trust The Lord and also just look at it this way a lot of people didn't respond to the invitation to start employment processing because they might have moved and even forgot about the MTA... I almost missed out on my opportunity with MTA... I just called asking about the B/O position cause I was forwarded a letter to take the BOSS back in January and I took it... So I was just following up on it... So asked to find out about the conductor list and I was told to report down on may 22nd and that I was sent a letter but I never got it cause I moved years ago... So image all the people that probably happened too. Also think about all the people like you not sure if their list number will be reached and jumping on the B/O position... So dnt worry you'll be in

When I was there on 7/10 There was a girl who was also there with papers asking if she wanted to take the bus operator job instead. I remember her telling me her list # was 2100 or so and that if she either didn't want the bus op position or did not pass the driving test for bus op, she comes back to 180 Liv, and puts her name back on the list. With a list # of 2100 she WILL be called by next year sometime. So they WILL call you.

The lady who interviews you told me & her she can come back and put her name back on the C/R list if she didn't make the bus driving test. So she had nothing to loose. Plus Bus ops make a few more dollars.

I Think They Expect To Call Around 2300 From The List (Just A Guesstimate That Will Probably End Up Going Higher) So I Fall Well Within That For Sure, I Just Get Ansty At Times About It, Its Been 5 Years. Im Sure I Dont Have To Explain To You Guys What It Would Mean To Be Called. Thanks For The Pep Talk. 

waiting is the hardest part, I know how you feel.

Yeah I moved my life to florida cause I couldnt afford to live in NY wih where i was working, being contracted I would hop on the next flight out there and move back

luckily I have the flexibility to do so 

I've been saving for years so im not struggling to get back on my feet when I move back

i miss ny like crazy so it means alot to make transit my career, helps that i find the system fascinating  

This Is Gonna Sound Real Paranoid (lol) But Doing The Math

If The Last Hired Is Really 1091 Then I Have 852 People In Front Of Me

So I Have To Hope That Between Getting Hired, Not Getting Hired, Not Taking The Position Or Not Being Eligible That The MTA Blows Through 852 People By Feb 16th 2015

That's 19 Months And 16 Days lol

Im Currently On The Outstanding Certification List According To The DCAS Record Last Updated 2 Days Ago

I Should Be Ok Before It Expires Right?

I wouldn't put too much stock in the 1091 figure given by dcas. That # is already history based on the july and august classes alone. Its more like 1123 or more.

Ladymax congrats!

That really sucks. But, look at it this way you can possibly be in the August or September class.. Best of luck. I'm just finishing up all the paperwork they gave me back in June I want no problems at all. Friday. From what I've been told they will give me my physical then interview medo my finger prints and finally swear me in.. OMG the wait is almost over....

Good luck to all you guys and gals. Waiting to get hired by TA can be a long tedious process, but it'll all be worth it once you're being sworn in and start your training. Just stay patient and positive and all will work out in the end. Going by history of the last exam they called numbers just above list number 3000. So if history proves true, they'll do the same on this exam as we'll. 2015 is still a long time from now, so time is still on y'all's sides.

Archived