Bronx Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

cotb16

On 5/30/2019 at 8:04 PM, MP21 said:

Bx4: Rerouted to run via the Bx4A route, more frequent service

Bx4A: Rerouted to run via Bx4 route, less frequent service

(Reason: To improve Bx4 service in Parkchester; could potentially save money)

Bx7: Split service into two sections (Bx7 and M17); Service would run from Riverdale/263 St to Kingsbridge Rd (B)(D) station via Riverdale Av and Kingsbridge Rd 

(Reason: To improve service in Riverdale and Manhattan; allows for a more efficient connection to the (B)(D) and  (4) for Riverdale residents; allows for a connection to a station that is ADA accessible) 

Bx8: Split service into two sections (Bx8 and Bx48); Service would run from Locust Pt to Pelham Parkway (5) station (Pelham Gardens). 

(Reason: To save money)

Bx10: Rerouted to run between Riverdale Av/263 St and Inwood - 207 St (A) station via Henry Hudson Pkwy and Broadway; replaces Bx20 in Riverdale and Inwood 

(Reason: To improve service; allows for a more efficient connection to the (A) in Inwood) 

Bx14: Would run from Throgs Neck (Throgs Neck Houses) to Harlem (145 St (1) station). Traverses via Bruckner Blvd, 149 St, and 145 St.

Bx14-SBS: SBS variant of Bx14

(Reason: Would allow for more subway connections for SE Bronx residents, and would improve service there; Connects to (1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6) <6>(A)(B)(C)(D))         

Bx20: Restructured to run between 231 (1) station and Norwood via the old Bx10 route 

(Reason: To improve service in Kingsbridge and Norwood; could save money)

*New* Bx25: Runs between Soundview - Pugsley Avenue and Pelham Parkway (2) station. Traverses via Randall Av, Castle Hill Av, and Bronxdale Av. Extended to Soundview Ferry Terminal during rush hours. 

(Reason: More East Bronx residents would have access to NYC Ferry with the Bx25; Allows for an additional connection to the (2) for Parkchester, Westchester Square, Van Nest, and Morris Park residents) 

Bx31: Extended to Castle Hill via Zerega Av

(Reason: Residents of Unionport and Castle Hill would have more bus connections and would have a one-seat ride to hospitals in Morris Park.)

Bx33: Extended to 137 St - City College (1) station

(Reason: Allows for an additional subway connection)

Bx34: Weekend service south of Norwood discontinued

*New*Bx37: Runs between Fordham Plaza and Eastchester - Dyre Avenue (5) station. Traverses via Boston Rd and Dyre Av. 

(Reason: So part of Boston Rd is not entirely served by Bee-Line; to improve bus service along Boston Rd)

*New* Bx45: Runs between Co-op City (Bay Plaza) and 233 St (2) station. Traverses via Baychester Av and 233 St

*New*Bx48: Variant of Bx8; extended to run between 233 St (2) station and Pelham Parkway (5) station. Traverses via Williamsbridge Rd and Bronxwood Av 

(Reason: *see Bx8)

*New*Bx49: Runs between Parkchester (6)<6> station and East 180 Street (2)(5) station. Traverses via Hugh J. Grant Circle, Metropolitan Av, Aileen B Ryan Oval, Unionport Rd, East Tremont Av, and East 180 Street. 

(Reason: For Parkchester residents to have access to an ADA accessible station.)

BxM3: Discontinue service north of Broadway/262 St

(Reason: Not enough ridership in Yonkers to justify express bus service)

BxM4: Rerouted from Grand Concourse to Webster Av; then runs on Fordham Rd from Webster Av to Major Deegan Expwy; then runs express with the BxM1, BxM2, BxM3, and BxM18 to Midtown.

(Reason: To improve service; to lengthen the express segment)

BxM5: Runs from Midtown to Eastchester. Traverses via 5 Av, Bruckner Expwy, Bronx River Pkwy, and Boston Rd.

(Reason: For Northeast Bronx residents to have access to express bus service)

BxM10: New northern terminal at Gun Hill Rd/ Eastchester Rd (Express bus service in Baychester replaced by BxM5)

The ones in bold, either don't make sense, can't physically happen, reducing service, or is redundant. Everything not in bold, needs more explanation, and planning to actually have it work. The only one I do see actually working, is the Bx31 idea.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 8:55 PM, Lex said:

I'd ask where you've been, but you're probably still waiting around for that Q113 you just missed.

That, or still basking in the glory of being the only person to have ever missed the last bus of a 24/7 route....

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 8:04 PM, MP21 said:

Just some ideas I had for the Bronx Bus Network Redesign (I dont think all of these ideas are that good, so let me know what you think): 

Bx1-LTD: Replaced by Bx1-SBS
(Reason: To improve bus service on the Grand Concourse corridor)

Bx4/Bx4a: Route numbers swapped. Service increases on the Parkchester variant, service decreases along Westchester Av. east of Hugh Grant Circle.
(Reason: To improve Bx4 service in Parkchester; could potentially save money)

Bx5: Add overnight service (overnight service terminates at Bruckner Commons); runs hourly
(Reason: Ridership in Soundview justifies overnight service)

Bx7: Split service into two sections (Bx7 and M17); Service would run from Riverdale/263 St to Kingsbridge Rd (B)(D) station via Riverdale Av and Kingsbridge Rd
(Reason: To improve service in Riverdale and Manhattan; allows for a more efficient connection to the (B)(D)(4) for Riverdale residents; allows for a connection to a station that is ADA accessible)
*New* M17: Variant of split Bx7, runs between Inwood and 168 St (A)(C)(1) station via Broadway 
(Reason: To improve service in Washington Heights and Inwood; could also save money)

Bx8: Split service into two sections (Bx8 and Bx48); Service would run from Locust Pt to Pelham Parkway (5) station (Pelham Gardens).
*New* Bx48: Variant of Bx8; extended to run between 233 St (2) station and Pelham Parkway (5) station. Traverses via Williamsbridge Rd and Bronxwood Av

Bx10: Rerouted to run between Riverdale Av/263 St and Inwood - 207 St (A) station via Henry Hudson Pkwy and Broadway; replaces Bx20 in Riverdale and Inwood
(Reason: To improve service; allows for a more efficient connection to the (A) in Inwood)

*New* Bx14: Would run from Throgs Neck (Throgs Neck Houses) to Harlem (145 St (1) station). Traverses via Bruckner Blvd, 149 St, and 145 St.
*New* Bx14-SBS: SBS variant of Bx14
(Reason: Would allow for more subway connections for SE Bronx residents, and would improve service there; Connects to (1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6) <6>(A)(B)(C)(D))        

Bx20: Restructured to run between 231 (1) station and Norwood via the old Bx10 route
(Reason: To improve service in Kingsbridge and Norwood; could save money)

Bx24: Overnight service reduced to running between Westchester Square - East Tremont Av (6)<6> station and Hutchinson Metro Center; runs hourly overnight

*New* Bx25: Runs between Soundview - Pugsley Avenue and Pelham Parkway (2) station. Traverses via Randall Av, Castle Hill Av, and Bronxdale Av. Extended to Soundview Ferry Terminal during rush hours.
(Reason: More East Bronx residents would have access to NYC Ferry; Allows for an additional connection to the (2) for Parkchester, Westchester Sq., Van Nest, and Morris Park residents)

Bx28: Introduce Limited Stop Service, Runs rush hours only
(Reason: To improve service in Co-op City, allows for a faster connection to the (2) and (5))

Bx29: Add overnight service; runs hourly
(Reason: So City Island would not be isolated from the rest of the Bronx (transit-wise) during late night hours)

Bx31: Extended to Castle Hill via Zerega Av
(Reason: Residents of Unionport and Castle Hill would have more bus connections and would have a one-seat ride to hospitals in Morris Park.)

Bx33: Extended to 137 St - City College (1) station
(Reason: Allows for an additional subway connection)

Bx34: Weekend service south of Norwood discontinued

*New* Bx37: Runs between Fordham Plaza and Eastchester - Dyre Avenue (5) station. Traverses via Boston Rd and Dyre Av.
(Reason: So part of Boston Rd is not entirely served by Bee-Line; to improve bus service along Boston Rd)

Bx40: Introduce Select Bus Service
(Reason: To improve bus service on the Tremont Av corridor)

*New* Bx45: Runs between Co-op City (Bay Plaza) and 233 St (2) station. Traverses via Baychester Av and 233 St

Bx46: Reduce service to weekdays only

*New* Bx49: Runs between Parkchester (6)<6> station and East 180 Street (2)(5) station. Traverses via Hugh J. Grant Circle, Metropolitan Av, Aileen B Ryan Oval, Unionport Rd, East Tremont Av, and East 180 Street.
(Reason: For Parkchester residents to have access to an ADA accessible station.)

BxM3: Discontinue service north of Broadway/262 St
(Reason: Not enough ridership in Yonkers to justify express bus service)

BxM4: Rerouted from Grand Concourse to Webster Av; then runs on Fordham Rd from Webster Av to Major Deegan Expwy; then runs express with the BxM1, BxM2, BxM3, and BxM18 to Midtown.
(Reason: To improve service; to lengthen the express segment)

BxM5: Runs from Midtown to Eastchester. Traverses via 5 Av, Bruckner Expwy, Bronx River Pkwy, and Boston Rd.
(Reason: For Northeast Bronx residents to have access to express bus service)

BxM10: New northern terminal at Gun Hill Rd/ Eastchester Rd (Express bus service in Baychester replaced by BxM5

** quoted post above edited for clarity & post length reasons **

Bx1: It may eventually come to that anyway...

Bx4/4a: Depends on how much service you plan on increasing/decreasing on the respective branches....

Bx5: Agreed

Bx7/"M17": You're ultimately conveying that the Bronx-Manhattan connection that the Bx7 offers should be severed..... I don't agree with that, as it ignores/underestimates the amount of Washington Hgts. patrons riding to anywhere b/w 225th & 231st, inclusive.... Diverting Bx10's to 207th doesn't address that issue.... Riverdalians are not clamoring for (D) service over (1) service, so having the Bx7 turn off at 225th to supplement the Bx9 is rather pointless as far as they're concerned... As far as your "M17", while noble, there's a better way to handle resources; Something like that should be handled by branching the M100 (service via the current routing & service via the pre-2014 M100 routing along B'way, north of Dyckman)....

Bx8/Bx48: If the aim is to split the thing, Westchester Sq. is really the only place where it'd make any real sense... Service to 233rd I can agree with, but not with a route only running as far south as Pelham Pkwy (5); that's a stub....

Bx10/Bx20: So, phase out the real Bx20 with your rendition of a Bx10, to split the real Bx10 at 231st from the east (which is your rendition of a Bx20)....
A Bx10 running from 205th (D) to 231st (1) may as well be taken over by Selby or Little Richie or something, because a route of sorts would be almost solely be utilized by schoolkids.... Riverdale will fight tooth & nail for direct access to Montefiore...

You say your reason for your Bx20 is to improve service in Norwood & Kingsbridge, but realize that the simple notion of a route truncation doesn't always mean improved service.... Take away the schoolkid usage of the real Bx10 & you'll find that usage is rather weak on that part of the Bx10.... A route of sorts would be too underutilized for most of the day & adding anymore service to it (compared to what the real Bx10 offers), would amount in an overserving of it....

"Bx14": I like the idea of giving that part of the borough direct access to the Hub (depending on service levels, it could take a noticeable amount of people off the Bx5), but I don't see the real need for supplemental service along 145th... I would end something like this at the Mall (Bronx Gateway)...

Bx24; Agreed

"Bx25": Lol.... Castle Hill isn't that far from White Plains road to make like you're bringing more East Bronx residents to the ferry.... A new bus route of sorts just doesn't seem necessary.... Pelham Pkwy/WPR is a terrible place to end buses full time, on top of it....

Bx28: Sure - If that comes with an discontinuation of the Bx38 & a pre-2010 revival of the Bx28....

Bx29: Not sure if I would bother, to be honest.....

Bx31: One of those recurring ideas that rears its head every so often.... I used to concur with this, but I've pretty much come to grips that the thing should remain ending at Westchester Sq.

Bx33: Noble, but rather infeasible.....  Another one of those ideas that pop up every so often..... Not too sure how many people would actually take advantage of the extension...

Bx34: I'd leave it alone...

"Bx37": Don't really see the point at this point.... I think most folks would still take the BL-60/61.

Bx40: I'm indifferent on whether the Tremont av corridor should receive SBS service....

"Bx45": I would have this serve the Edenwald houses, but yes, agree with the general idea.... At the same time though, I don't think E. 233rd should have 2 routes running along it...

Bx46: I'd reduce service to non-existency.... The MTA should've never created this shit.

"Bx49": I actually like the concept, but it should be part of some other route & not a standalone route by itself....

BxM3: I'm inclined to agree, but it's a moot point.... It's the least utilized route of the 3 full time Riverdale routes & buses are coming from Yonkers depot anyway....

BxM4: Let me get this right.... You say buses would be routed away from the Concourse to run on Webster instead..... That means you'd have buses running on Webster from 233rd to Fordham rd? **shrugs**

Regardless of how long it'd spend on Webster (serving even less people), there is no good reason to introduce an express bus in the vicinity of Fordham Plaza & having buses operating along Fordham rd. in any capacity..... Quite frankly, the BxM4 needs that usage it gets in Bedford Park & Norwood, proximate to Montefiore..... This doesn't amount to a service improvement at all.

"BxM5": There isn't really anything to suggest that Boston rd. warrants express service though..... Light industrial areas typically aren't good places to route an express bus / have people that are paying (quote unquote) premium fares waiting for express buses along....

BxM10: Yeah, so you save a couple thousand bucks or so a year by cutting the BxM10 back by a whopping grand total of 2 whole stops - to then introduce a brand new route (your BxM5) running along an unwarranted corridor, racking up that much more unproductive mileage system-wide by having yet another express route take on the current BxM11 routing between Manhattan & The Bronx.....  Yeah, that makes sense <_<

Edited by B35 via Church

• 11 months later...

Random thought for an extension of the BxM6 from Parkchester to Eastchester in the peak direction.

New stops would be the following:

• Metropolitan Ave/Castle Hill Av
  • E Tremont Av/Silver St
  • Eastchester Rd/Williamsbridge Rd
  • Eastchester Rd/Waters Pl
  • Eastchester Rd/Sackett Av
  • Eastchester Rd/Pelham Pkwy
  • Eastchester Rd/Mace Av
  • Eastchester Rd/Gun Hill Rd
  • Eastchester Rd/Burke Av
  • Eastchester Rd/Boston Rd
  • Boston Rd/Tiemann Av
  • Boston Rd/Ely Av
  • Boston Rd/BayChester Av
  • Boston Rd/Bivonia St
  • Boston Rd/Dyre Av

• Boston Rd/Provost Av

On 10/8/2019 at 1:05 PM, B35 via Church said:

That, or still basking in the glory of being the only person to have ever missed the last bus of a 24/7 route....

** quoted post above edited for clarity & post length reasons **

Bx1: It may eventually come to that anyway...

Bx4/4a: Depends on how much service you plan on increasing/decreasing on the respective branches....

Bx5: Agreed

Bx7/"M17": You're ultimately conveying that the Bronx-Manhattan connection that the Bx7 offers should be severed..... I don't agree with that, as it ignores/underestimates the amount of Washington Hgts. patrons riding to anywhere b/w 225th & 231st, inclusive.... Diverting Bx10's to 207th doesn't address that issue.... Riverdalians are not clamoring for (D) service over (1) service, so having the Bx7 turn off at 225th to supplement the Bx9 is rather pointless as far as they're concerned... As far as your "M17", while noble, there's a better way to handle resources; Something like that should be handled by branching the M100 (service via the current routing & service via the pre-2014 M100 routing along B'way, north of Dyckman)....

Bx8/Bx48: If the aim is to split the thing, Westchester Sq. is really the only place where it'd make any real sense... Service to 233rd I can agree with, but not with a route only running as far south as Pelham Pkwy (5); that's a stub....

Bx10/Bx20: So, phase out the real Bx20 with your rendition of a Bx10, to split the real Bx10 at 231st from the east (which is your rendition of a Bx20)....
A Bx10 running from 205th (D) to 231st (1) may as well be taken over by Selby or Little Richie or something, because a route of sorts would be almost solely be utilized by schoolkids.... Riverdale will fight tooth & nail for direct access to Montefiore...

You say your reason for your Bx20 is to improve service in Norwood & Kingsbridge, but realize that the simple notion of a route truncation doesn't always mean improved service.... Take away the schoolkid usage of the real Bx10 & you'll find that usage is rather weak on that part of the Bx10.... A route of sorts would be too underutilized for most of the day & adding anymore service to it (compared to what the real Bx10 offers), would amount in an overserving of it....

"Bx14": I like the idea of giving that part of the borough direct access to the Hub (depending on service levels, it could take a noticeable amount of people off the Bx5), but I don't see the real need for supplemental service along 145th... I would end something like this at the Mall (Bronx Gateway)...

Bx24; Agreed

"Bx25": Lol.... Castle Hill isn't that far from White Plains road to make like you're bringing more East Bronx residents to the ferry.... A new bus route of sorts just doesn't seem necessary.... Pelham Pkwy/WPR is a terrible place to end buses full time, on top of it....

Bx28: Sure - If that comes with an discontinuation of the Bx38 & a pre-2010 revival of the Bx28....

Bx29: Not sure if I would bother, to be honest.....

Bx31: One of those recurring ideas that rears its head every so often.... I used to concur with this, but I've pretty much come to grips that the thing should remain ending at Westchester Sq.

Bx33: Noble, but rather infeasible.....  Another one of those ideas that pop up every so often..... Not too sure how many people would actually take advantage of the extension...

Bx34: I'd leave it alone...

"Bx37": Don't really see the point at this point.... I think most folks would still take the BL-60/61.

Bx40: I'm indifferent on whether the Tremont av corridor should receive SBS service....

"Bx45": I would have this serve the Edenwald houses, but yes, agree with the general idea.... At the same time though, I don't think E. 233rd should have 2 routes running along it...

Bx46: I'd reduce service to non-existency.... The MTA should've never created this shit.

"Bx49": I actually like the concept, but it should be part of some other route & not a standalone route by itself....

BxM3: I'm inclined to agree, but it's a moot point.... It's the least utilized route of the 3 full time Riverdale routes & buses are coming from Yonkers depot anyway....

BxM4: Let me get this right.... You say buses would be routed away from the Concourse to run on Webster instead..... That means you'd have buses running on Webster from 233rd to Fordham rd? **shrugs**

Regardless of how long it'd spend on Webster (serving even less people), there is no good reason to introduce an express bus in the vicinity of Fordham Plaza & having buses operating along Fordham rd. in any capacity..... Quite frankly, the BxM4 needs that usage it gets in Bedford Park & Norwood, proximate to Montefiore..... This doesn't amount to a service improvement at all.

"BxM5": There isn't really anything to suggest that Boston rd. warrants express service though..... Light industrial areas typically aren't good places to route an express bus / have people that are paying (quote unquote) premium fares waiting for express buses along....

BxM10: Yeah, so you save a couple thousand bucks or so a year by cutting the BxM10 back by a whopping grand total of 2 whole stops - to then introduce a brand new route (your BxM5) running along an unwarranted corridor, racking up that much more unproductive mileage system-wide by having yet another express route take on the current BxM11 routing between Manhattan & The Bronx.....  Yeah, that makes sense <_<

Yeah, the most vocal BxM4 riders in my group were those mainly South of Fordham Road near or along Grand Concourse. 

7 hours ago, MysteriousBtrain said:

Random thought for an extension of the BxM6 from Parkchester to Eastchester in the peak direction.

New stops would be the following:

• Metropolitan Ave/Castle Hill Av
  • E Tremont Av/Silver St
  • Eastchester Rd/Williamsbridge Rd
  • Eastchester Rd/Waters Pl
  • Eastchester Rd/Sackett Av
  • Eastchester Rd/Pelham Pkwy
  • Eastchester Rd/Mace Av
  • Eastchester Rd/Gun Hill Rd
  • Eastchester Rd/Burke Av
  • Eastchester Rd/Boston Rd
  • Boston Rd/Tiemann Av
  • Boston Rd/Ely Av
  • Boston Rd/BayChester Av
  • Boston Rd/Bivonia St
  • Boston Rd/Dyre Av

• Boston Rd/Provost Av

The point of the BxM6 is to serve Parkchester (the complex). Nothing more, nothing less. The bus can fill up with just the first two stops. The point of the route is to provide a quicker commute to the subway, which is exactly what it does. I have used the bus enough to see where the ridership comes from. It's fine the way that it is.

• 1 month later...

I disagree with the new Bx18 routing from the final redesign plan. It’s as if they tried to compensate for straightening out the Bx11, and since the Bx18 is in the vicinity, they just filled in the gap. My thoughts aren’t to render circular lines as inefficient, but the idea in this scenario seems like an attempt to justify cutting corners.

8 hours ago, Kurtis said:

I disagree with the new Bx18 routing from the final redesign plan. It’s as if they tried to compensate for straightening out the Bx11, and since the Bx18 is in the vicinity, they just filled in the gap. My thoughts aren’t to render circular lines as inefficient, but the idea in this scenario seems like an attempt to justify cutting corners.

What would be your idea for the 18/11?

16 hours ago, Kurtis said:

Yeah, the demand for Washington Heights is simply greater than that of getting to the (D) & the (4) at their respective 170th st stations.... They're going to need to run more service on the Bx13 in High Bridge, considering what's being proposed w/ the Bx18.... Circulator routes in general isn't the problem here..... With this particular proposal however, they may as well have not even bothered with (further) circulating the Bx18, because people are simply going to take Bx13's down to YS to catch the subway...

They're sacrificing coverage in High Bridge on the Bx11 for service out to Parkchester (via West Farms)...

8 hours ago, NBTA said:

What would be your idea for the 18/11?

I get the whole spiel the MTA's running with, as far as these redesigns are concerned (straighter routes, less stops, coverage vs. frequency, yada yada yada), but I think running the proposed Bx11 through High Bridge is still viable.... The proposed Bx18 between Sedgwick/Undercliff (where the current route u-turns at) & 168th/Ogden serves much of nobody.... It's actually wasted mileage.

Edited by B35 via Church

19 hours ago, Kurtis said:

2 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Yeah, the demand for Washington Heights is simply greater than that of getting to the (D) & the (4) at their respective 170th st stations.... They're going to need to run more service on the Bx13 in High Bridge, considering what's being proposed w/ the Bx18.... Circulator routes in general isn't the problem here..... With this particular proposal however, they may as well have not even bothered with (further) circulating the Bx18, because people are simply going to take Bx13's down to YS to catch the subway...

They're sacrificing coverage in High Bridge on the Bx11 for service out to Parkchester (via West Farms)...

I get the whole spiel the MTA's running with, as far as these redesigns are concerned (straighter routes, less stops, coverage vs. frequency, yada yada yada), but I think running the proposed Bx11 through High Bridge is still viable.... The proposed Bx18 between Sedgwick/Undercliff (where the current route u-turns at) & 168th/Ogden serves much of nobody.... It's actually wasted mileage.

I think their proposed Bx18 should be split into two portions: River Park Towers - 170th & GC via Macombs Road, and 225th & Broadway - 170th & GC via Sedgwick Avenue. The tricky part is dealing with the fact that the western side of Sedgwick has a very narrow sidewalk, and the fact that there is still an elevation difference between Sedgwick & Undercliff. Unless maybe they keep the current Bx18, and have Marble Hill - 170th & GC portion run up Undercliff in the southbound direction.

To me, I think they should take the opportunity to connect the areas on both sides of the Washington Bridge (since the Bx3 & Bx13 are both going to remain going to Washington Heights), and also fill in the gap along Sedgwick between Burnside Avenue & Kingsbridge Road.

6 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

I see more people heading to the Bx13 for the Bx6 in the future, as they’ll be inconvenienced by having this new Bx18 backtrack to it’s one and only terminal. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2020 at 4:00 PM, Kurtis said:

I see more people heading to the Bx13 for the Bx6 in the future, as they’ll be inconvenienced by having this new Bx18 backtrack to it’s one and only terminal. 

The Bx18 has a completely separate ridership base from the Bx13. Are you referring to people who currently take the Bx11 in that area opting to take the Bx13 instead? (I don't see any reason for them to take the Bx6. If they needed the Bx11, they would either walk or take the Bx18 down the hill to catch it).

• 3 months later...

LaGuardia Airport is pretty well-served by public transportation. Service to Brooklyn: Take M60+ to the (N), Manhattan: M60+ SBS and others parts of Queens: Q47, Q48, Q72. But there's no route providing an one-seat ride to the Bronx. So I crafted one

Bx48: Operates LaGuardia Airport to Parkchester. 

Runs along Westchester Av, right on E 167 St and then E 169 St, left on Franklin Av, right on E 168 St, left on 3rd Av, merge onto St Anns Av, right onto E 149 St, left onto Grand Concourse and merge onto Major Deegan Expy to RFK Bridge and follows along the M60+ SBS to LaGuardia Airport. 

This route connects to the (6) up to Whitlock Av, (2)(4)(5) at 149 St - GC and The Hub. Also could serve as a general Queens to Bronx connector.

• 2 years later...

I think 3 bus should be extended 

The bx 26 should go to Riverdale 231 st station this would connect coop city and Riverdale  it can go on goulden  Ave and turn on reservoir Ave  than go on sedgwick Ave and follow the bx1 route to 231 st and Broadway  end route at 231 st and Broadway 

The bx30 should extend to bronx zoo  instead of a random place like Pelham parkway 

The b15 limited should go to laguardia airport. The bx 15 local  can end at the hub and make all stops. I would keep the bx15 limited  stops expect for  166 street.

After the limited reach the the hub I would let it turn left on e149 st and  then turn right on brook Ave  and take it down turn left on  e134 st  to enter 278 highway and then follow the m60 to laguardia airport 

Bx 15  limited stops after leaving fordham  total 8 stops

1 st Barnabas hospital

2 e180 st

3 e tremont

4 claremont parkway

5 e 168 st 

6 e163 st 

7 the hub

8 brook Ave station 6 train 

Then follow M60 route 

On 8/14/2017 at 12:38 AM, Via Garibaldi 8 said:

Well that was my point. I made that point about them having expensive cell phones and sneakers but supposedly being "unable" to afford $2.75.

Even a rich white kid don’t pay on buses either so don’t get it twisted. I’ve seen it happening one (2) many times. Says a guy who was raised in the projects and paid his fare. 

50 minutes ago, darrianQ60 said:

I think 3 bus should be extended 

The bx 26 should go to Riverdale 231 st station this would connect coop city and Riverdale  it can go on goulden  Ave and turn on reservoir Ave  than go on sedgwick Ave and follow the bx1 route to 231 st and Broadway  end route at 231 st and Broadway 

The bx30 should extend to bronx zoo  instead of a random place like Pelham parkway 

The b15 limited should go to laguardia airport. The bx 15 local  can end at the hub and make all stops. I would keep the bx15 limited  stops expect for  166 street.

After the limited reach the the hub I would let it turn left on e149 st and  then turn right on brook Ave  and take it down turn left on  e134 st  to enter 278 highway and then follow the m60 to laguardia airport 

Bx 15  limited stops after leaving fordham  total 8 stops

1 st Barnabas hospital

2 e180 st

3 e tremont

4 claremont parkway

5 e 168 st 

6 e163 st 

7 the hub

8 brook Ave station 6 train 

Then follow M60 route 

You’re kinda late for that. The Bronx redesign is done. 
1. the Bx25 & Bx26 is not warranted past 205th St, plus, there’s 5 bus routes that go that way as well. 
2. the Bx30 now follows the old Bx7 route that terminates at Pelham Parkway. 
3. no to the Bx15LTD to LGA. They already cut that route to serve 149th to Fordham Plaza. The Bx15 LTD follows the old Bx55 route, minus 174th St. people on 3rd Ave wanted the limited bus stops to continue to serve the stations the 3rd Ave El made. 

the Bronx to LGA had 2 proposed routes only to have them scrapped 

It's never to late the bx15 limited makes alot of sesne to the airport  the bx15 is already going to e149 it is  already going to the hub and so is the limited your reason of why it shouldn't go to laguardia is  not much of a reason  and the bx26 and bx30 argument  is not much if a  answer either 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, darrianQ60 said:

It's never to late the bx15 limited makes alot of sesne to the airport  the bx15 is already going to e149 it is  already going to the hub and so is the limited your reason of why it shouldn't go to laguardia is  not much of a reason  and the bx26 and bx30 argument  is not much if a  answer either 

But you’re also taking away the service to Fulton Ave Bronx Lebanon Hospital for limited stop service. That is very highly used. But you also gotta stop using the same words twice and using run ons every time you write. Now the reason why i say no to the Bx15 LTD to LGA, not too many passengers along 3rd Ave past 149th St unless you got zip bus

Edited by FLX9304

I don't gotta stop using the  same words at all and the bx15 stoping at e168 Street is only 1 block away from the orginal stop at e169 for bronx lebanon and your saying nobody travels the bus past 149 st so basically your that we shouldnt have a bronx bus to lga airport. Your saying people should travel to Manhattan  to catch the bus to leave instead of having our own bronx bus to lga. 

13 hours ago, darrianQ60 said:

I don't gotta stop using the  same words at all and the bx15 stoping at e168 Street is only 1 block away from the orginal stop at e169 for bronx lebanon and your saying nobody travels the bus past 149 st so basically your that we shouldnt have a bronx bus to lga airport. Your saying people should travel to Manhattan  to catch the bus to leave instead of having our own bronx bus to lga. 

That’s what the M60 SBS is for.