The TTCs new Nova LFS Artics

Some of the shots I have got over the past months on our new Nova LFS Artics on route 7 Bathurst:

11020759635_c7eb3175e0_b.jpg

12036536574_48d9026a4f_b.jpg

Man the TTC has been trying to get the Nova LFS buses for years now. They finally got it, even though in the form of articulated units, they still got them. Nice shots Orion. How did they do in the snow?

Yes, but they had corrosion issues (I guess the Soviets never heard of the story of "Ikarus").

That was the downside of those buses. Thankfully OC Transpo didn't go in the same direction and retire them early like they did with the D60LFs. 

Yes, but they had corrosion issues (I guess the Soviets never heard of the story of "Ikarus").

Ikarus is a Hungarian company, not Soviet (you can argue that they were under Soviet influence at the time, but whatever.)

Second, there's snow in Europe too, so I doubt that that was the only factor in the failure of the Orion IIIs. Bratislava used no less than 782 of the Ikarus 280/283, and I haven't heard of them encountering any significant problems. The last one was retired in 2008, having been built in 1991.

Ikarus is a Hungarian company, not Soviet (you can argue that they were under Soviet influence at the time, but whatever.)

Second, there's snow in Europe too, so I doubt that that was the only factor in the failure of the Orion IIIs. Bratislava used no less than 782 of the Ikarus 280/283, and I haven't heard of them encountering any significant problems. The last one was retired in 2008, having been built in 1991.

Pretty good. The US versions did have issues, but they were rectified and the buses had long careers afterward. OC Transpo, they remanufactured their 165 buses they bought new. They even bought 15 units from the TTC and ran them until 2001-2003.

• 2 weeks later...

Love it if NYCT LFSAs had wider 2nd and 3rd doors like the TTC LFSAs. Also love it if we could get our SBS lights back (any color, steady or blinking).

The TTC always orders buses with large rear doors since at many stations, the bus bay is in the fare-paid area, allowing passengers to board through the rear door. On all of the TTC's high floor buses, with the exception of the RTS', they have gone for the double rear door arrangement (which I have never seen in the US).

Archived