MaBSTOA #4105 Hiring Process

BusOperator3319

I took the 3101 boss survey. I'm also scheduled to take 4105 but haven't recieved any admission notice can anyone tell me why if there are some that already recieved theirs? I was thinking since the BOSS EXAM is good for a year and I took the 3101 November 16,2013 and 4105 is scheduled for November 15,2014. It falls within 1 year. Can someone help me out pls.

I would give the mail a few more days...if you don't get anything by the end of this week, then email examsunit@nyct.com and they should be able to tell you what's going on.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

received Boss 4105 exam notice although took 4600 boss back in october. does it mean i didn't pass 4600 boss? actually i got 2 exam notices with 2 dates. obv its mta mistake. what number should i call to straight it up? btw my 4105 random # is 54**...)

I took the BOSS for exam 4600 as well. Also applied for and received the letter to take the BOSS for 4105. I don't know for sure if we passed or failed but I'm thinking it's just that the two exams were given close together. MTA probably haven't even scored the BOSS for 4600 yet. We probably wouldn't be taking it for 4105 if 4600 was given a few months earlier. At least that's what I'm telling myself lol.

Hey Ctrain, same here. I highly doubt we failed the BOSS for 4600 so they're giving us another shot with 4105.

I emailed MTA and they are going to get back to me. I actually forgot that I even applied for 4105, but they said it shows I paid.

As for why we got this notice to take the BOSS for 4105, that is what I'm waiting to find out from them. They said they will get back to me in 3-5 business days, so should get an answer soon. I will let you know what they said.

Hey Ctrain, same here. I highly doubt we failed the BOSS for 4600 so they're giving us another shot with 4105.

I emailed MTA and they are going to get back to me. I actually forgot that I even applied for 4105, but they said it shows I paid.

As for why we got this notice to take the BOSS for 4105, that is what I'm waiting to find out from them. They said they will get back to me in 3-5 business days, so should get an answer soon. I will let you know what they said.

Most likely 4600 BOSS was not graded yet. Remember we still have a lot of candidates who did not take it on the 4th of October due to space limitation. .

Edited by DueceDrives

My random number for exam 4105 is 477X.  What's your number for exam 4105, hockey? 

Most likely 4600 BOSS was not graded yet. Remember we still have a lot of candidates who did not take it on the 4th of October due to space limitation. .

That's crazy to think there are still people who haven't taken the BOSS for 4600 yet. The line to get in the school went around the entire block that day. 

Hi new to the forum read all the comments very helpful was just wondering what's the process after the Boss exam just got my letter for the 15 of November ? Thank you.

Well first the HR Dept. has to finish up with the 3101 list for MaBSTOA. Once that is done, providing you passed the BOSS, they will call you down to 180 Livingston Street in the order of your random list number. The first step is the drug test (urinate in a cup), which only lasts 30 days. If the first one you take expires, then you'll be called in to take another one. After the drug test, you will be called in for medical. After that is final processing. After final processing, you will then be sent to Zerega for Orientation, followed by 7 days of training at a random depot within the 5 boroughs of NYC.

@Ctrain, my random list # for 4105 is around 8000. Got a very low one for 3101 (under 300) but was not able to take it and also really wanted TA instead of OA. Dumb move on my part. After conversating with others, such as Duece, I realized that was not a good idea and to at least start with OA would be a good idea. So, I'm taking the BOSS tomorrow (thanks to Duece for letting me know it was not too late if I already paid). Hopefully I get in soon for that one.

Can anyone clarify why you don't work OT or on your day off when your on your first year??? I'm curious to know, does being on the road more in your line training make it more possible to get into an accident? Just curious..

Less time on the road...less chance of an "accident" could happen.....just do the 5 and out.....pick the highest paying run you can pick....