LIRR Assistant Conductor Trainee

CGeorge

• 1 month later...

I have to go to a signal and definition overview what does that involve exactly?

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

You will get a study packet with all signals and definitions to prepare for the test . The test is verbatim with every word ,period, comma and etc must be written exactly as they have it written down . Everything.. Good Luck and study ,study and more study.

I have to go to a signal and definition overview what does that involve exactly?

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk You will get a study packet with all signals and definitions to prepare for the test . The test is verbatim with every word ,period, comma and etc must be written exactly as they have it written down . Everything.. Good Luck and study ,study and more study.

Ty for the response

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

so i got called up for this test ..passed all 3 parts (cognitive, math, vocabulary) and got the preliminary interview the same day.. the lady told that a summer class was canceled and the next one is in january.. she gave me the reference manual with all the definitions and said if i pass the background and credit check i will get an email regarding any information for the class.. does anyone know how long that will take?

so i got called up for this test ..passed all 3 parts (cognitive, math, vocabulary) and got the preliminary interview the same day.. the lady told that a summer class was canceled and the next one is in january.. she gave me the reference manual with all the definitions and said if i pass the background and credit check i will get an email regarding any information for the class.. does anyone know how long that will take?

congratulations. like they said, if you pass your background and credit check they will invite you for the s&d overview. on that day they will explain and give you materials you need to study and the date of your s&d test. if you pass the s&d test you go for a panel interview the same day. then you wait again to be called/emailed for your physical. good luck

congratulations. like they said, if you pass your background and credit check they will invite you for the s&d overview. on that day they will explain and give you materials you need to study and the date of your s&d test. if you pass the s&d test you go for a panel interview the same day. then you wait again to be called/emailed for your physical. good luck

Hey George how is AC going? I finally transferred over to transportation/ everything as a Yardmaster trainee.

Hey George how is AC going? I finally transferred over to transportation/ everything as a Yardmaster trainee.

Congrats! I think i saw that posting. I'm doing good and off probation already. Now got to start studying and drawing pc.

• 1 month later...

Did they call you? A class started yesterday

• 2 months later...

sorry i neglected this forum.. but yeh, i got an email in september.. i have to go october 23rd to the signals and definitions overview? should be there for about 5 to 6 hours.. and they attached a similar booklet in the email to the manual i got before.. can anyone shed some light on this?

sorry i neglected this forum.. but yeh, i got an email in september.. i have to go october 23rd to the signals and definitions overview? should be there for about 5 to 6 hours.. and they attached a similar booklet in the email to the manual i got before.. can anyone shed some light on this?

STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY and did I say study.

Everything is verbatim. Now don't quote me. But when I went for Yardmaster during the sig and def overview there was no test. So I don't know if they do it different for conductor. Be prepared to be on the safe side and good luck. We could be co workers later on down the road.

Everything is verbatim. Now don't quote me. But when I went for Yardmaster during the sig and def overview there was no test. So I don't know if they do it different for conductor. Be prepared to be on the safe side and good luck. We could be co workers later on down the road.

cool.. thanks for the info. Hopefully it's just an overview

STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY and did I say study.

I felt i had to quote this again. If you think you've studied enough, study more. Your hard work will pay off. When they say verbatim, it is verbatim. No exceptions. Good luck.

does anyone know the format of the test.. they just said it will be 50 questions.. how many defs? signals? etc..

You won't know what will be on the test so you need to learn whatever they gave you and pass at 80%. Combination of s&d and did we already mention "verbatim"? Good luck...

Archived