MTA subway worker participates in No Pants Subway Ride on day off, then he's written up

Harry

post-5097-0-19699200-1396526352_thumb.jpg
He got caught with his pants down. A subway motorman was spanked by the MTA for participating — on his day off — in the No Pants Subway Ride in January. Then, Christopher Chase really got his bosses’ skivvies in a bunch by posting a photo of himself on Facebook wearing a hoodie, socks, colorful briefs and a big smile. For the pantsless adventure on his birthday weekend, Chase was written up for “conduct unbecoming,” according to a Metropolitan Transportation Authority document obtained by the Daily News. “I think it’s stupid,” said Chase, who has been with the MTA for nine years. “I don’t see the point in making such a big deal over nothing. I wasn’t on duty or in uniform or anything like that, and it was a public event.”

Read more: Source

post-5097-0-19699200-1396526352_thumb.jpg

Ridiculous. By the MTA allowing the event to begin with there is no ground for them to stand on. Transit Worker or not he had every right to participate in the event.

For the sake of both parties hopefully there can be a resolution reached in the immediate future.

If he only signed a letter of re-instruction it will be taken off his record after a year. If he was written up for conduct unbecoming it will stay on his record as long as he's here. I think it's ridiculous the TA endorses this behavior for everyone else on that day but it's conduct unbecoming for an employee on his RDO.

The ironic thing here is that if the MTA hadn't leaked this to the press, NOBODY would have ever known that an MTA employee had participated.

The heads at that the MTA has been getting bad press lately. People are finally seeing what they are. What better way to shift attention from them to the employees? This is just the beginning folks. With us in a contract dispute and TA coming up next . Expect more of this.

Sure he had a right to participate, but it wasn't a wise choice.  The fact of the matter is you have to be very careful what you do these days with social media and everyone having a cell phone.  

Irrelevant the picture was stolen from his wall and sent to the TA from a now retired so called co worker...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Irrelevant the picture was stolen from his wall and sent to the TA from a now retired so called co worker... Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well like I said it wasn't a wise choice either way... It's no secret how the (MTA) is and eyes are always watching.  Always best to keep a low profile...

Well like I said it wasn't a wise choice either way... It's no secret how the (MTA) is and eyes are always watching.  Always best to keep a low profile...

You aren't getting it so let me explain it you again.....

TA wasn't watching anything, a ex bitch arsed whiny wimpy gutless turd co worker with nothing else better to do with their time went out of their way to send this picture to TA....

This had nothing to do with them *Looking* for anything...

Best to keep a low profile meaning what? Dont participate in anything?

Do you know that various co workers participate in marches such as..

St paddy day parade..

Puerto Rican Day parade.

Gay Pride Parade...

West Indian Day parade.

There have been numerous pictures of coworkers on their wall posted in various forms of clothing that's all I'm saying.. This is the first time this Has happened.

You wanna live in a shell so be it others don't have to.

. You aren't getting it so let me explain it you again..... TA wasn't watching anything, a ex bitch arsed whiny wimpy gutless turd co worker with nothing else better to do with their time went out of their way to send this picture to TA.... This had nothing to do with them *Looking* for anything... Best to keep a low profile meaning what? Dont participate in anything? Do you know that various co workers participate in marches such as.. St paddy day parade.. Puerto Rican Day parade. Gay Pride Parade... West Indian Day parade. There have been numerous pictures of coworkers on their wall posted in various forms of clothing that's all I'm saying.. This is the first time this Has happened. You wanna live in a shell so be it others don't have to. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re-read what I wrote... I said eyes are always watching... Doesn't have to be the (MTA) ...  Could be anybody.  Don't get mad at me for expressing my opinion.  You're a TA worker and I worked for the (MTA) as well.  The times that I worked for them, I made sure I was on time (another of their pet peeves), and kept a low profile and never had any problems during the times that I worked for them.  Doesn't mean live in a shell.  I just think this is an incident in particular that I wouldn't participate in if I was a current (MTA) worker or interning for them or anything of the like.  The other parades you mentioned are quite different and I would think that if the (MTA) had a problem with those parades, then the worker could appeal or even consider a lawsuit against the (MTA).  This no pants subway thing IMO is borderline indecent exposure.  Some of these folks have these tiny little underwear on barely covering themselves, so as far as I'm concerned, this guy put himself at risk unnecessarily.

Re-read what I wrote... I said eyes are always watching... Doesn't have to be the (MTA) ... Could be anybody. Don't get mad at me for expressing my opinion. You're a TA worker and I worked for the (MTA) as well. The times that I worked for them, I made sure I was on time (another of their pet peeves), and kept a low profile and never had any problems during the times that I worked for them. Doesn't mean live in a shell. I just think this is an incident in particular that I wouldn't participate in if I was a current (MTA) worker or interning for them or anything of the like. The other parades you mentioned are quite different and I would think that if the (MTA) had a problem with those parades, then the worker could appeal or even consider a lawsuit against the (MTA). This no pants subway thing IMO is borderline indecent exposure. Some of these folks have these tiny little underwear on barely covering themselves, so as far as I'm concerned, this guy put himself at risk unnecessarily.

I read exactly what you wrote and i disagree with it...

So I guess the ladies who was in the breast cancer awareness march with bras on are ok then Right? They also put them on their walls seen them myself.

What make those parades different?

What part of the words outfit you didn't understand? It's apparent you haven't really seen them or you wouldn't have made that statement.

I read exactly what you wrote and i disagree with it... So I guess the ladies who was in the breast cancer awareness march with bras on are ok then Right? They also put them on their walls seen them myself. What make those parades different? What part of the words outfit you didn't understand? It's apparent you haven't really seen them or you wouldn't have made that statement. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well I think this statement sums things up in a nutshell:

"The MTA rule Chase allegedly violated states employees must “avoid behavior which would tend to create adverse criticism of the Authority or of the System. Their conduct, whether on or off duty on System Property, is required to be such as to merit the confidence and respect of the public and their superiors.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/mta-worker-spanked-joining-pants-subway-ride-article-1.1743702#ixzz2xw3lShEB

Technically he was on system property even though he was off duty since he was inside of a (MTA) subway station... I don't think I would want to see any (MTA) employee in their underwear.  It's just an awkward situation all around.  That's like me seeing the express bus B/O that I get showing up on the subway in his or her underwear... I don't want to see anybody's package, lumpy @ss or any of that other nonsense.  It's bad enough that the public does it with all of this stuff hanging out and jiggling.   <_<  Perhaps if he had boxers on that didn't reveal everything it would be more tolerable, but some people are a little too revealing.

pants3n-5-web.jpg

If you ask me you sound jealous if you are talking about lumpy packages...

Again no comment on the breast walk I see keep cherry picking...

Who's opinion is it that it's this way? That's the grey area folks like you don't understand.. Anyway let's see where this goes..

If you ask me you sound jealous if you are talking about lumpy packages... Again no comment on the breast walk I see keep cherry picking... Who's opinion is it that it's this way? That's the grey area folks like you don't understand.. Anyway let's see where this goes.. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LOL... I said lumpy @sses as in females... I'm not interested in lumpy packages, but nice try... :lol: So I'm curious to know is the union going to fight any further for this guy or what's the story? Will this remain on his record or what? 

LOL... I said lumpy @sses as in females... I'm not interested in lumpy packages, but nice try... :lol: So I'm curious to know is the union going to fight any further for this guy or what's the story? Will this remain on his record or what? 

My mistake on that iPad without glasses on don't mix..

As for what's going on if you read the article it says what the unions stance on this is...

My mistake on that iPad without glasses on don't mix.. As for what's going on if you read the article it says what the unions stance on this is... Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah I know but it doesn't say if the write up was purged or not and what if anything the union plans to do to appeal...

He's got a problem and the problem was he was ID'd as a transit employee by what ever means.  Somewhere in all those rules and regulations which he and the union agreed to was a morals clause or better put don't bring dishonor to the organization.  People who looked at this stunt .so a pack of nuts but when he was identified then it became what the hell are they hiring?  Image is everything with a governmental organization and the need to have the trust of the public.

Archived