Busted! Video shows woman lied about injury on MTA bus

Harry

post-5097-0-44915700-1397233368_thumb.jpg
A woman who collected damages from the MTA by claiming she got injured on a city bus was tripped up by a video that showed her falling before she boarded, records show. Reyna Geraldino, 51, who was paid about $9,000 for the September 2012 mishap, is now facing fraud and perjury charges. She allegedly wrote in a sworn statement that she tried to board an M15 bus in Manhattan’s Kips Bay neighborhood, but the driver slammed the door on her arm, causing her to fall. She later testified that “both feet were inside of said bus when the bus driver closed the doors,” records show.

Read more: Source

post-5097-0-44915700-1397233368_thumb.jpg

People really would fake accidents for money...

You mean you were never told as a kid that, if a car hits you, always stay down... even if the car grazes you, stay down... even if you do end up getting hit & lose your balance/equilibrium (not dead on, but to the point where you do not remotely have to be hospitalized) & can get back up on your own power & have nothing else other than a scratch on you, always stay down??

(If you have, then that was the point of that... I had family members that told me that during my years of adolescence)

I know several kids (was in high school at the time) that tried their hand at that (along neptune & along brighton beach av, under the brighton line).... of course nothing ever came of it.

But as was said, insurance scams are a big problem in this country.... They're too easy to do & the punishment for being caught lying (like in this case) I think, is too light.... It needs to come to a point where people are so afraid of filing illegitimate claims, that they'll only file legitimate claims when applicable.... Otherwise, this BS is gonna continue.

These scams are such a huge problem. They clog up the courts with worthless lawsuits, and the only people that benefit are the slimebag "personal injury" lawyers that advertise on tv at 2 am. 

I wonder why the MTA even paid the 9000 to begin with if they had this video evidence. 

• 1 month later...

Archived