An introduction to the NYCTF Social Evaluation: An independent study on the effect of...

Turbo19

An introduction to the NYCTF Social Evaluation: An independent study on the effect of online communities.

Hello, and thank you for taking interest in this subject matter. In this piece I will introduce and elaborate in basic detail in regard to this evaluation that will be conducted by myself, and hopefully answer any questions you may have now or after reading through. We shall commence.

-The Rundown:

What is "The NYCTF Social Evaluation: An independent study on the effect of online communities"?:
-The NYCTF Social Evaluation in summary is set to be a treatise and major dissertation of the proceedings, occurrences, happenings, or otherwise general activity that goes on within this online community.

"Why choose to focus on the NYCTF community"?:
-With NYCTF being a fairly large hub of discussion for a segment of the ever growing transitfan community, it is a perfect model for such an evaluation. Here exists a great amount of various discussions that serve as premise that is certain to be key and paramount to an evaluation of this size.

"What is to be gained by conducting this evaluation"?:
-What is hoped to be gained is data on how online communities in general affect psychological well being for better or worse via multiple user interaction, and if possible, how psychological resilience can be built and strengthened in the the grand scheme so that quality of life for every member is improved be a significant amount.

"Where else can this evaluation serve a purpose"?:
-Factoring that all goes well this psychological evaluation will ideally serve as a baseline for conducting future studies in relation to online social media. Easily this may become one of the largest and most influential online social evaluation and study conducted.

-NYCTF Member concerns:

"Will this evaluation liken to members becoming test subjects"?:
-Absolutely not. Each NYCTF member here, while pivotal and serving purpose in this study, will certainly not little more than test subjects. Rather you as members help build and better your online community by simply being active.

"Will I or anyone else in particular be a major subject of interest"?:
-No. This evaluation is not focusing on anyone in particular, rather focusing on the working of the community as a whole.

"Will anything be asked or required of anyone in this study"?:
-No. Nothing is required or asked in this study.

"With you being a member, won't this evaluation be biased to a degree"?:
No. This evaluation will only serve it's true purpose if it is conducted without bias. As such I am stating for the record that I as a proctor will not excise bias.

"Won't this evaluation have a negative impact on the already tarnished image of the transit community"?:
-No. Any data results collected will likely serve to displace myths perpetuated by "outsiders". As such it can't get any worse, but could certainly better.

"Will I as a member see anything financial or otherwise out of this"?:
-If this evaluation leads to any large sum of payment to myself I wow to grant a fair and equal compensation to the active members of NYCTF.

I hope this clarified and answered any concerns. If you still have a question, comment, or other feedback in general do not hesitate to post below.

Thank you.

You know, I don't really think of myself as too dumb a guy, but I read this a few times and I still have no idea what the f**k this is about.

Good luck with it, though! 

I have no idea whether that is good or bad at this point in time.

Many thanks for the kinds word though!

I'm a bit perplexed here. This looks like a clinical research study or something. Hey if I participate do I get paid or win a prize or something? =D

-If this evaluation leads to any large sum of payment to myself I wow to grant a fair and equal compensation to the active members of NYCTF.

I hope this clarified and answered any concerns. If you still have a question, comment, or other feedback in general do not hesitate to post below.

Thank you.

I participated. Pay up dude. Money talks bullshit walks.

I'm a bit perplexed here. This looks like a clinical research study or something. Hey if I participate do I get paid or win a prize or something? =D

Not exactly. This is an independent study without any financial backers or conglomerate sponsors. But if the tables turn and payment is given to I the proctor expect a portion, so yes.

-If this evaluation leads to any large sum of payment to myself I vow to grant a fair and equal compensation to the active members of NYCTF.

-NYCTF Member concerns:

"Will this evaluation liken to members becoming test subjects"?:
-Absolutely not. Each NYCTF member here, while pivotal and serving purpose in this study, will certainly not little more than test subjects. Rather you as members help build and better your online community by simply being active.

Anything that is on the Internet is subjected to the scruitinty of others. There is no expectation of privacy and I see little reason anyone should even be mad that they are being "studied." Simply by posting anything to any website, your content is most likely being indexed by a web spider studying the nuances of every word you spit out. Got GMail? Google reads your mail before you do.

Archived