A message from me on this forum

User

Rather than go and talk behind the staff's back like some clowns with no spine have been doing on this forum in the chatroom, I figure I'll post this here and see what everyone's opinion on matters happening here are. I mean, if the staff doesn't like this, they'll just lock the topic and shut me up. Hell, you may even see me banned soon for posting this. Why, because the staff has too much power, or at least that's what some on here think. Now I set out to prove this misconception wrong, and obviously, I didn't achieve my goal because that's right, for reasons I won't go into, I'm not on the staff anymore. Whether that move was voluntary or involuntary, I just want to reflect back on some things that happened in the past on here and reflect back on the cleanups and help I've provided, a service that won't be available anymore.

Over a year ago, I joined the staff after helping clear up a tense situation regarding what going on during the evenings in the chat room. Since that chat room became a part of this site, tensions on here have risen to a point where the majority of blame of the persisting problems has been pointed at the staff. As soon as I joined the staff, I took part in starting conversations in the staff-only section. I found that section dead, with very few updates being posted. The way the staff was operating was very inefficient. Each member did their own thing and made their own decisions. When somebody was banned, it merely showed up in the moderator control panel and that was it. Now I'm not stupid about how a forum works, being a Computer Science major, but it seems to me that a staff TEAM should be working together on issues such as members and bans. I set out to fix this problem.

In the only year I was part of staff here, I helped with a massive clean-up of old topics and merged threads to make things better for everyone. See the photography section, new pinned threads in there, merged ones of similar topics, and even the computers section. Even in the major sections, you can see a difference. That official BusTime thread, I cleaned that up, as well as little changes here and there of helping users find the right topic to post in or merging duplicate threads. I took part in that. I'm sure members on here noticed the differences occurring, or even got a little help. Hell, you even know that calendar we have on the site that not many look at, I managed that and was always adding events. Look what's upcoming in May 2014. Before I joined the staff, there was nothing on that calendar. Granted there aren't many big transit-related events ever going on, but still, I was the only one to make the effort. I mean, I must've been somewhat of a respected staff member on here if my reputation score is more than half of my post count. That must say something.

Whenever a member has to come to me for help with something that I can do, or had a question, I've never turned my back on them and never not responded to a PM. Anyone who has ever messaged me knows that true. Yes, I've had to be the bad guy here and there when it came to handing out suspensions or informing some of bans, but never have I done any of that without reason. If you ask any staff member to provide the posts from the staff section that I created, you'll see I've had good reason to perform the actions I've performed. Chat records, private messages, post records, anything I could provide as reason for punishment, its posted there.

If any you have any question or doubt that an action was performed on you unjustly, go ahead, ask a staff member for the proof listed in that section. I have nothing to hide. You want anything from me, go ahead and ask (that is, if I'm still here). It's clear that some users on here who just didn't like me formed a group and somehow convinced the site owner to turn on one of it's own. Because in case you were wondering, this decision was not a unified effort by the staff, just another example of one staff member turning on one of it's own. The reason they give me: "There hasn't been a good vibe on the forums for the past few weeks and I want this negative attention to go away."

Remember Shortline Bus, previous staff member on here, now banned? Well, I'm sure after these revelations that some are going to start comparing me to him. Well, let me tell you all something. When I first joined the staff, he was the only one who stood up for me as an Associate Moderator who had literally no power at all. And that was an action he took on his own, because the staff discussion section was dead. Nobody else on the staff did anything. Now that's not to say that the current staff wasn't doing a good job, because the activity in the staff discussion section was starting to rise thanks to me and more decisions were starting to be made as a group. Unfortunately, this one wasn't.

To me, being part of the staff wasn't a game. It seems that there's always some sort of tension involving the staff on this forum. I think it was last year that for a short while, Shane was demoted from the staff on here than brought back on a short while later. Tell me, was the reason for that ever publicized. No, and this probably won't be either, because there isn't a reason. There is no reason that I shouldn't be on the staff and no doubt that I have made a difference on here. You know this is true.

Now this isn't to brag about what I've done on here or anything, just to show that I at least attempted to make a difference here. This also isn't any type of "leave" or anything. Any letter made that is said to be a "leave" or a member is "leaving" doesn't mean anything. Once something is on the internet, it's there forever. Even if you stop visiting every day, your past posts and opinions are still there. Whether it's directly on here or on Google's cache or on the web archive, wherever. Somebody can find it.

In the end, I suppose my conclusion is that I really don't have any say in what goes on around this forum anymore, and whoever replaces me (if I get replaced) can however good or bad a job they want. By the time you've finished reading this post, it's probably already been reported by those who made up lies to have the site owner turn on me. Hope this has opened up the eyes of some on here about what's going on.

- Brett

Well my take on it is I don't see why you shouldn't remain a mod.  I also agree that you've been quite responsive.  When I had an incident that I disagreed with a few months ago, you were the only one who responded to my question rather than leaving me in the dark, and I appreciated that.  I don't know what happened, but I think everyone makes mistakes, and if one was made, well I think you deserve another chance.  I also agree with the whole popularity contest BS. Too many immature folks on here.  When they don't like someone, they take it personal and then set out to gang up on that person like a child.  Now I may disagree with some folks' opinions here, but I think it's ridiculous to hold a personal grudge against someone on a friggin' forum... Someone that you'll probably NEVER meet.  Really lame... That right there is a sign of the immaturity that exists with some people.

I was gonna stay out of this, but I'm flat out bored... Since I got a couple hours to kill, here's an opinion....

I read turbo's farewell post yesterday, I read this post here of yours last night, and I'm still confused as to what the root cause of all this mess is.... I didn't need a summary of what you've done for this forum because that much is apparent/realized; I don't think anyone here is claiming that you were a lazy, good for nothing mod.... But Brett, it appears that you're taking it way too much to the heart that you no longer have your Mod status - All this post did was give those that have a problem with you, more fodder to lay claim that you're this power hungry tyrant....

Furthermore, I saw that long ass shout by DJ MC (which I'm guessing was copied & pasted from a chat session - which I think at this point is a feature that needs to be removed from this forum), and I'm like now wtf is goin on.... How many people done left this forum over some shit that was either said, or initiated in the chatroom (rhetorical)....

I don't like to call ppl. here by their real names (well, outside of Yuki, who's no longer here), but I don't remember Shane (since you bring him up) making this same type of post when he got stripped of his staff status... Yeah members were left in the dark about his situation, and although I did find it somewhat strange that he got added back to the staff not long after he got removed, but after that quick thought in mind, I said whatever & continued posting normally.... I believe Shortline bus was banned from here before he became part of the staff; I still think he became a mod, due to the sheer amt. of threads the guy used to start (he even had his own mod title IIRC) - You had plenty of people (including yours truly) questioning why that dude became a mod.... So yeah, for anyone to make a comparison to you & shortline bus, simply either had it out for you from jump, or are simply talking out of their ass....

Although I don't think you should have been stripped of your mod status per se, I will ask this much though - and you can provide an answer if you want..... So what is your ultimate claim with all this here? That the rest of the remaining staff is biased & didn't want you on the team to begin with or what? If that were the case, you would've never been appointed mod status by Harry.....

I was gonna stay out of this, but I'm flat out bored... Since I got a couple hours to kill, here's an opinion....

I read turbo's farewell post yesterday, I read this post here of yours last night, and I'm still confused as to what the root cause of all this mess is.... I didn't need a summary of what you've done for this forum because that much is apparent/realized; I don't think anyone here is claiming that you were a lazy, good for nothing mod.... But Brett, it appears that you're taking it way too much to the heart that you no longer have your Mod status - All this post did was give those that have a problem with you, more fodder to lay claim that you're this power hungry tyrant....

Furthermore, I saw that long ass shout by DJ MC (which I'm guessing was copied & pasted from a chat session - which I think at this point is a feature that needs to be removed from this forum), and I'm like now wtf is goin on.... How many people done left this forum over some shit that was either said, or initiated in the chatroom (rhetorical)....

I don't like to call ppl. here by their real names (well, outside of Yuki, who's no longer here), but I don't remember Shane (since you bring him up) making this same type of post when he got stripped of his staff status... Yeah members were left in the dark about his situation, and although I did find it somewhat strange that he got added back to the staff not long after he got removed, but after that quick thought in mind, I said whatever & continued posting normally.... I believe Shortline bus was banned from here before he became part of the staff; I still think he became a mod, due to the sheer amt. of threads the guy used to start (he even had his own mod title IIRC) - You had plenty of people (including yours truly) questioning why that dude became a mod.... So yeah, for anyone to make a comparison to you & shortline bus, simply either had it out for you from jump, or are simply talking out of their ass....

Although I don't think you should have been stripped of your mod status per se, I will ask this much though - and you can provide an answer if you want..... So what is your ultimate claim with all this here? That the rest of the remaining staff is biased & didn't want you on the team to begin with or what? If that were the case, you would've never been appointed mod status by Harry.....

I think this whole nonsense started over Brett posting a thread about T/O's coming out of retirement and a few members got their panties all in a bunch over a picture that had been posted publicly on Facebook, and once that happened, all hell broke loose.  I think Brett's point was that overall he was a good mod and he gave a few examples why because some here have ganged up on him solely to suit their own agenda, which is they don't like the guy personally, so they'll look for any little BS to b*tch about, then they all file complaints against him to get him removed.  Like I said immature, childish BS.  I would attribute some of it to sheer jealousy because they aren't mods.  

Things have really been going downhill as of late. If stuff isn't whipped back into shape we won't have a forum anymore.

But who really cares. Everybody seems to be calling people out on their stupidity these days. Maybe I should join in on the fun. 

But yes, let's begin... Some of these mouthbreathers definitely give the real enthusiasts in this hobby a bad name. These guys here take it a little too damn seriously. Yes, let's get all smug when you "claim" to know something you heard from an inside "source", let's get mad whenever you're challenged on it, let's act like animals when something different happens in the subway so you can claim an "exclusive" on YouTube or whatever. 

Keep stroking that e-peen, guys. Really.

Maybe enjoy things for what they are instead of what they could/could have been. If you can't get enjoyment out of that then this hobby ain't for you.

I don't think it helps those of us who are more level headed in this community that our interests attract those who lack the social skills to deal with the sort of interpersonal issues that tend to crop up when you are dealing with other people.

We WILL disagree. To argue and to fight is to have opinions and to have opinions is to be human.

But to go the lengths some have gone, especially in the case with what happened to Brett, is just unacceptable.

In the past year, three people have been removed from this site, and almost immediately turn up on SubChat playing the victim. "OH, Woe is me, I can't post there anymore, they're a bunch of big mean jerks" even after those of us who post on both sites provided evidence that they got what was coming to them. All three showed they lacked the maturity to handle this rejection. The last of which seemed to show they lacked any maturity what so ever. I don't mean to get on a soap box, but this issue has quite obviously caused one of our own harm and that bothers me.

I'm going to clear the air here. My apologies mods but now I am forced to respond because he is literally committing slander internet harassment and libel here. This has been going on for several days I tried not to respond but now I am completely exasperated by this situation.

1) Brett sent me harrassing emails so I blocked his PMs. When I was trying to help him from getting flamed by a member from subchat

2) He shut down my account in mod retaliation. Same with MC. Ran Turbo off the forums. I had to call him to get him back here and not let Brett get to him in his tirade. Now the team reversed other several members accounts from the damage Brett did over a period of several months. Keep in mind he also severely harassed Yuki which is a shame because he is a challenged individual.

3) I reported it. That same evidence? I presented it to the staff days before this thread was even made.

4) He was demoted from moderator as a result after several complaints from several members.

5) He then continues to harass me in chat up to this last hour.

6) He continues to slander me and defame my character ibn a attempt to ruin my reputation I am trying to repair by being respectful to all. The past is the past.

7) He was reported again

8) The team are monitoring him now. 

9) Yes Caith Sith and myself are on good terms. I've apologized to him after what happened months ago. I even volunteered to leave for 2 months to let the smoke clear, while I clear my head. Had more pressing responsibilities with school and work that I urgently had to attend to.

Now Brett:

1) Do not slander me and defame my character

2) Stop stalking me. Publicly here on the forums, in chat or by PMs

3) No more of these personal attacks

4) Don't try to misconstrue evidence. Again that same set of screenshots you posted, I already sent to the staff days before the fact. Its not photoshopped as you claim. The two copies will obviously match.

5) SevenEleven gave you an ultimatum in chat its all there in your evidence posted right, perhaps its time to follow his counsel. Because thats what I would like too, for this feud to die. I am equally just as exasperated as many are here.

6) Many others were explained of what really happened but since you refuse to back off and stop harassing me I just made it public.

7) Finally stop throwing my real name around and stop gravedigging old news from two months ago. 

8) These are all violations or forum policies isnt it? Link: http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/forum-13/announcement-5-forum-posting-rules/

So drop it please.

I wish this thread can be locked but that will be at the discretion of staff.

Anyway everyone you all know what really happened here its been explained. Now I am saying it publicly practically gainst my will as I am trying not to add fuel to the fire here. But now I have no choice but to respond and reveal the lies perpetrated here. 

Archived