ᴴᴰ R160 A Train to Far Rockaway Announcements (Inwood - 207 st to Far Rockaway - Mott Ave)

Mr Railfan

Full announcement set from 207 Street to Far Rockaway via Fulton / 8 Av Express. Big thanks to all the people who contributed announcements for the video. 

Don't forget to subscribe as i will be posting more announcements and other rare catches in the coming days!

Some of the transfers weren't included because of the way Mr Railfan got the recordings. As with Brighton Zach's recordings of the B via West End and D via Brighton, these were captured on an idling train with a crew member knocking off stops on the on-board computer. Transfer announcements aren't triggered unless the train actually moves the required distance.

A couple of observations: 1) It is wierd how she says Aqueduct. It's like she had to be somewhere else in quite a hurry. 2) I see that some time between 2006 and today, the original destination announcement for Far Rockaway-bound trains has been cut up. It used to be "this is a Far Rockaway-Mott Av-bound A express train".

Some of the transfers weren't included because of the way Mr Railfan got the recordings. As with Brighton Zach's recordings of the B via West End and D via Brighton, these were captured on an idling train with a crew member knocking off stops on the on-board computer. Transfer announcements aren't triggered unless the train actually moves the required distance.

A couple of observations: 1) It is wierd how she says Aqueduct. It's like she had to be somewhere else in quite a hurry. 2) I see that some time between 2006 and today, the original destination announcement for Far Rockaway-bound trains has been cut up. It used to be "this is a Far Rockaway-Mott Av-bound A express train".

Yea, basically all of the announcements past Euclid got donated by Br1anMercy and a Conductor. 

I think they updated the announcements sometime after 2006 like you said, where they shortened a bunch of announcements. The Original announcements used to denoted express/local and the original Station announcement used to say "Aqueduct - North Conduit Avenue" and "Far Rockaway - Mott Avenue" but also got shortened which is why it sounds so weird. I think the rerouted (C) Train and (S) Train still say the original announcements, because the (C) and (S) to Lefferts still says "Ozone Park - Lefferts Blvd" instead of just "Lefferts Blvd" like the (A) Train. I have a few more announcement videos im releasing soon, so stay tuned. 

Archived