Paris, strike at Gare du Nord

There is a strike on the SNCF network (French national rail), on average 1/3 of the trains are running.

This leads to some curiosity.

The RER B is operated by two companies, the RATP and the SNCF and during strike the line is cut in two.
The northern RER B (SNCF) are arriving and departing from the surface suburban platforms at Gare du Nord.
Usually the RER B uses underground platforms.

MI 79 of the RER B
DSC85051a.jpg

DSC85063a.jpg

Refurbished MI79 of the RER B and Z50000 of Transilien H are arriving.

DSC85071a.jpg

DSC85083a.jpg

DSC85093a.jpg

Two MI 79 (left side: refurbished and right side unrefurbished)

DSC85116a.jpg

Z 50000 and MI 79 leaving Gare du Nord

DSC85121a.jpg

DSC85124a.jpg

DSC85144a.jpg

The southern RER B (operated by the RATP) are arriving and departing from the underground platforms.

DSC85128a.jpg

There is no strike in the RATP network, lines are normally operated even if the strike on the northern RER B disrupts the operation on the southern section.

DSC85147a.jpg

Really good photos! +1. The MI 79's looks beast. Really slick cars, love the design. 

I am having a bit of a hard time finding info in English on the specs on these cars so if you can how are the performance of these cars, the HP, traction motor type, top speed and so forth?

Funny, I thought the RER B was only only operated by the RATP. Must've changed since my trip in '07.

No, it was already the case in 2007 (It has always been the case since the northern extension of the RER B in the 1980's).

The northern section of the RER B is operated by the SNCF and the central and southern section is operated by the RATP.

Dark colors: RATP

Light colors: SNCF

interco.gif

Archived