Nearly HALF of all subway sex crimes reported along Lexington Ave. line in Manhattan

Harry

post-5097-0-28991000-1403531660_thumb.jpg
Grand Central is Pervert Central. Straphangers throughout the city reported being the victim of creeps bumping, grinding, groping, flashing and assaulting them more than 3,000 times over a five-year period — and Grand Central Station is the epicenter of subway sleaze, an unprecedented Daily News analysis of subway crime data revealed. The NYPD recorded 369 misdemeanor sex crimes and eight felony sex crimes at the century-old transit hub, or on trains approaching it, from July 2008 through June 2013 — the highest reported tally for sex crimes at any station in the system during that time. It also made misdemeanor sex crimes the most prevalent category of crime at Grand Central over those five years.

Read more: Source

post-5097-0-28991000-1403531660_thumb.jpg

They are right about the 14th Street Line on the L. Some time ago I was commuting and yeah, there was a man apparently smoking either crack cocaine or crystal meth (not sure but he was smoking something) under a blanket while masturbating on a station bench. This was at 14th street/6th Ave. I just kept on walking didn't want nothing to do with that.

To add, for the ladies, the best thing I can suggest is to know your surroundings well, and stay away from people who may be behaving in an erratic manner. In fact it may be advisable to stay in either the T/O or C/R car where criminals are least likely to commit a crime for obvious reasons.  That may be the best defense against sexual harrassment.

I've seen undercover cops arrest guys after they rub against a woman on the (5) and (6). The interesting part is that in both cases, when the cops identified themselves and told the women a crime had been committed against them, the women didn't even believe/realize anything illegal had happened. I don't know if they were just a bit naive or if they are so used to it that they just block it out. 

I've seen undercover cops arrest guys after they rub against a woman on the (5) and (6). The interesting part is that in both cases, when the cops identified themselves and told the women a crime had been committed against them, the women didn't even believe/realize anything illegal had happened. I don't know if they were just a bit naive or if they are so used to it that they just block it out. 

*Picturing undercover cops "busting" the "pervert"* LOL... What exactly occurred that they were arrested? I mean rubbing up against someone is not necessarily a crime in my mind, especially considering how packed the Lex line is.  I don't like feeling someone else's rump near me either but it does happen.  Was the guy behind the chick for a while or what was the deal exactly? You also have women that will flirt with men on the subway and wouldn't mind that whole set up, so I think in some cases it's difficult to prove.

*Picturing undercover cops "busting" the "pervert"* LOL... What exactly occurred that they were arrested? I mean rubbing up against someone is not necessarily a crime in my mind, especially considering how packed the Lex line is.  I don't like feeling someone else's rump near me either but it does happen.  Was the guy behind the chick for a while or what was the deal exactly? You also have women that will flirt with men on the subway and wouldn't mind that whole set up, so I think in some cases it's difficult to prove.

In both cases, it was midday and fairly empty on the train. A sketchy looking guy stood very, very close behind or to the side of the women for no apparent reason for 2 or 3 stops, until the women got off the train. One of the women looked pretty uncomfortable during the encounter, while the other woman didn't even seem to notice. Honestly, I didn't realize what was happening, I just thought it was a mentally ill/semi-homeless guy who did not understand the concept of personal space.

After the woman got off the train, one guy (who looked like the typical undercover cop) ran after her while another one took the guy off the train and started patting him down and putting him in cuffs. Very efficient and quick operation.  

To be clear, it was 2 different guys and 2 different women, one in each situation about 6 or 7 months apart. The women were both fairly young looking, maybe in their late teens? 

In both cases, it was midday and fairly empty on the train. A sketchy looking guy stood very, very close behind or to the side of the women for no apparent reason for 2 or 3 stops, until the women got off the train. One of the women looked pretty uncomfortable during the encounter, while the other woman didn't even seem to notice. Honestly, I didn't realize what was happening, I just thought it was a mentally ill/semi-homeless guy who did not understand the concept of personal space.

After the woman got off the train, one guy (who looked like the typical undercover cop) ran after her while another one took the guy off the train and started patting him down and putting him in cuffs. Very efficient and quick operation.  

To be clear, it was 2 different guys and 2 different women, one in each situation about 6 or 7 months apart. The women were both fairly young looking, maybe in their late teens? 

lol... Smh... In that case, then that is definitely weird... I wonder if they do the same thing with women though? I had this Latina chick once on the (4) train.  I got on at Bowling Green.  It was warm out so I was dressed casually going to my office as we were allowed to wear jeans on Friday at the place I was working at during that time, but they were jeans that fit normally (straight legs) and I had on a short sleeved polo style shirt.  Since the pants were fitted, she immediately started looking at me and my crotch, and I felt rather uncomfortable being undressed by her eyes.  She was good looking yes, but I still felt violated.  She never tried anything because she was across from me standing up but still. 

lol... Smh... In that case, then that is definitely weird... I wonder if they do the same thing with women though? I had this Latina chick once on the (4) train.  I got on at Bowling Green.  It was warm out so I was dressed casually going to my office as we were allowed to wear jeans on Friday at the place I was working at during that time, but they were jeans that fit normally (straight legs) and I had on a short sleeved polo style shirt.  Since the pants were fitted, she immediately started looking at me and my crotch, and I felt rather uncomfortable being undressed by her eyes.  She was good looking yes, but I still felt violated.  She never tried anything because she was across from me standing up but still. 

Lol...you should ask Commissioner Bratton 

I call bs. 

I call bs. 

There's a video on YouTube where this guy put a hidden camera on himself and it showed women doing what VG8 described on public transportation. YouTube "do girls and women objectify us - social experiment"

Yeah... The women at a minimum either look or make comments at times, esp. in the summertime when men tend to be dressed down and wearing less clothing... In short a bit of a double standard if you ask me.  Women heckle men as well, it's just that they're not seen as a "threat" or as "creeps" the way men are.

There's a video on YouTube where this guy put a hidden camera on himself and it showed women doing what VG8 described on public transportation. YouTube "do girls and women objectify us - social experiment"

Yeah... The women at a minimum either look or make comments at times, esp. in the summertime when men tend to be dressed down and wearing less clothing... In short a bit of a double standard if you ask me.  Women heckle men as well, it's just that they're not seen as a "threat" or as "creeps" the way men are.

Realize, I was joking at the little humblebrag there...

Can this be considered a surprise or not? The line is the most crowded but also goes through some of the wealthiest neighborhoods in all of NYC.

Absolutely not. The line is fed by 3 feeders which run through some of the poorest areas of the city as well.

Archived