Background Investigation information

NYTech2000

Not sure where to ask this but I just got a letter in the mail from my background investigator stating that they need an official copy of my HS transcript sent to them. Wish I would have known that sooner instead of feeling rushed on my RDO to attempt to take care of it.

Well, since I went to Lane I hear they aren't really around anymore, even if they did retain the records department since I graduated in the 90's would they have retained those records?

Basically I am sure others went through this so what I want to know is where do I look and how do I go about getting the records to my investigator. I would prefer to take care of it over the phone and have them send them directly to my investigator if possible.

Investigator of what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you begin the job they deduct something like $90 from your first paycheck for fingerprinting fees and your background investigation. While on probation it seems they have not completed mine yet and are asking for an official HS transcript as proof I graduated HS. Although I did bring in my diploma and they made a copy during the hiring process if I remember correctly they are now asking for this.

I know that as part of the education and experience requirements for the job you need at least a GED or diploma. Since I have my diploma I would have thought that was good enough.

Now I am spending my RDO trying to contact that school. It has been broken up into several schools so I don't even know if I physically went down to the "campuses" they would even be able to help me. I have been calling and not able to get through (seriously a busy signal when pressing 0 for the operator?)  and I cannot even get through to the school district when calling them for information.

I was in a similar situation when it came to getting my transcript. When i moved, i lost a lot of things, so i couldn't bring my diploma for the hiring process. I tried to see if i could get another diploma, but was told that my diploma that i got when i graduated was the only one available. My HS transcript was just as good so i had to get that instead   My HS closed down, but got broken up into smaller schools or some sort but they had my old record. I basically had to send the school a letter stating who i was, where to send the transcript, my years attended, my address when i attended, what year i graduated, my  ID number, i think that was it. it took about (i think) 2 weeks. 

Archived