New York City is America's unhappiest town: study

Harry

post-5097-0-66393700-1406141571_thumb.jpg
New York, New York’s little town blues aren’t melting away. It’s just the opposite, according to a study released by the National Bureau of Economic Research that says New York is the unhappiest city in the U.S. New York, Pittsburgh, Louisville, Milwaukee and Detroit are, in that order, America’s least happy cities. Survey data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention asked respondents: “In general, how satisfied are you with your life?” Researchers then tweaked that data for factors like race, education, marital status and family size.

Read more: Source

post-5097-0-66393700-1406141571_thumb.jpg

i disagree, i felt happy when i lived here

If I had someone paying my housing costs, food expenses, Con Ed bill, cell bill, cable and internet bill, transportation, credit cards, funding retirement and so on, I would feel happy too... Or better yet, do you have to cover $3,000 - 4,000+ in monthly expenses like I do?  If not, then I can see why you were so happy... lol New York City is an expensive place to live in.  I don't even live in Manhattan and it's still pricey since I pay all of my expenses out of my own pocket, and that's without a car...

If I had someone paying my housing costs, food expenses, Con Ed bill, cell bill, cable and internet bill, transportation, credit cards, funding retirement and so on, I would feel happy too... Or better yet, do you have to cover $3,000 - 4,000+ in monthly expenses like I do?  If not, then I can see why you were so happy... lol New York City is an expensive place to live in.  I don't even live in Manhattan and it's still pricey since I pay all of my expenses out of my own pocket, and that's without a car...

i understand what your saying and besides NY is a part of my roots and my heritage and i lay no claim to what is here in florida except graduating HS and finding friends here. For some reason now that i am down in florida things really get me mad here and what not like the values the "conserative values", "zero tolarance" and what not etc also when i say im from new york i get looked at like i am a foreigner to these floridan crackers as some proclaim themselves to be. I could go on and on but i would rather not

i understand what your saying and besides NY is a part of my roots and my heritage and i lay no claim to what is here in florida except graduating HS and finding friends here. For some reason now that i am down in florida things really get me mad here and what not like the values the "conserative values", "zero tolarance" and what not etc also when i say im from new york i get looked at like i am a foreigner to these floridan crackers as some proclaim themselves to be. I could go on and on but i would rather not

Mmmm crackers... Sounds tasty... LMAO :lol:

Were happy, we just say ''F--k you'' as are ''hello''

But on the serious note, I would be unhappy to if the city didn't tax us so damn much. meanwhile the people that are being lazy are getting the welfare check and baby popping mothers having to many children so they get a check from the government so the mother doesn't get a job are the happiest people on earth at the taxpayers expense . way to go ''Captain Obama and liberalteers'' LOL.

Well I've always found Southern folks to be rather comical... And may I add backwards... lol

When i first got down there in school, they asked me some questions such as are some "sterotypes" / "Urban Legend about NYC, i said some are and some not  and they were mesmerized with OOH'S and AHH'S

When i first got down there in school, they asked me some questions such as are some "sterotypes" / "Urban Legend about NYC, i said some are and some not  and they were mesmerized with OOH'S and AHH'S

Small town people... Gotta love 'em... I don't know... I just can't see myself living in some town in the boonies...

Archived