N36 to Freeport

I'd email them but I don't feel like it I think it seems like they did quietly cut it back.  The N4 is more frequent and sometimes faster.  As it is, Lynbrook station isn't even two blocks away from the 5 Corners stop.  It was a good ride, though, especially going through south Freeport and looking over the water.

• 2 weeks later...

During the 50 minute wait for the N4 bus yesterday early evening at Freeport, I did see an N36 pick up at Freeport, and out of the 60-70 people waiting for the N4, a grand total of ONE person got on the N36 towards Lynbrook.  N4 weekend service is a complete joke- all up and down the line (both directions), you get two buses back-to-back, then wait 40 to 60 minutes for the next batch of buses.  And nothing is being done by NICE despite complaint after complaint after complaint.

During the 50 minute wait for the N4 bus yesterday early evening at Freeport, I did see an N36 pick up at Freeport, and out of the 60-70 people waiting for the N4, a grand total of ONE person got on the N36 towards Lynbrook.  N4 weekend service is a complete joke- all up and down the line (both directions), you get two buses back-to-back, then wait 40 to 60 minutes for the next batch of buses.  And nothing is being done by NICE despite complaint after complaint after complaint.

Why you think I just take the LIRR.

Send your complaints to Mangano. Tell him what a wonderful job NICE is doing.

Actually there should be a dispatcher at Freeport directing people. For example, if people were transferring to the N25, N31/32, N35 then they should have directed people to the N36 to utilize capacity better. The issue is that the people don't actually know where the N36 goes etc.

When people ride public transportation they usually only know one route that will get them to their destination and thats what they stick to, similar to people who only know to take one highway to their destination although there are alternate routes, they'll sit in traffic all day when they could simply go another way.

Most people (including me) get on at Freeport and get off in Jamaica, so we need the N4, not the N36.  By the time the severely delayed Jamaica-bound N4 got to Park Ave in Rockville Centre, it was too full to take on any additional passengers, so people got flagged at future stops.   The common-sense thing to do is: run even more N4 buses.  Nobody wants the N36.

If there would be a dispatcher at Freeport, he/she should make sure that buses leave the terminal on time.  Having a bus leave 20 minutes late (since it was very delayed getting into Freeport) after there was already a 30 minute gap in service is simply not acceptable.  There doesn't seem to be any accountability at NICE or any steps for improvement. 

I see a dispatcher outside the Parsons/Archer subway (N4 bus) during the week.  And at Freeport on weekends (but only directing the N87/N88).  The Freeport dispatcher should be instructed to not just look at the N87/N88, but also see what's happening to all the lines at Freeport:  N43, N36, N40/N41 and N4. 

Most people (including me) get on at Freeport and get off in Jamaica, so we need the N4, not the N36.  By the time the severely delayed Jamaica-bound N4 got to Park Ave in Rockville Centre, it was too full to take on any additional passengers, so people got flagged at future stops.   The common-sense thing to do is: run even more N4 buses.  Nobody wants the N36.

If there would be a dispatcher at Freeport, he/she should make sure that buses leave the terminal on time.  Having a bus leave 20 minutes late (since it was very delayed getting into Freeport) after there was already a 30 minute gap in service is simply not acceptable.  There doesn't seem to be any accountability at NICE or any steps for improvement. 

That's because NICE sucks!

• 4 weeks later...

I'd email them but I don't feel like it I think it seems like they did quietly cut it back.  The N4 is more frequent and sometimes faster.  As it is, Lynbrook station isn't even two blocks away from the 5 Corners stop.  It was a good ride, though, especially going through south Freeport and looking over the water.

I did email them and here's the answer:

Thank you for contacting NICE Bus.

We recommend you contact our call center and speak directly to an agent who can answer your inquiry on n36 and service to Baldwin. They can be reached at: 516-228-4000.

If there is anything further we can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact us. We thank you for your loyalty and look forward to serving you in the future.

Kind Regards,

NICE Customer Care

• 3 weeks later...

I called NICE passenger information. The website is wrong. Freeport should be included. Buses leave Freeport on the hour. The website shows the time at Baldwin. Freeport is missing from the website timetable. The agent said she would "talk to them."

• 1 month later...

Archived