ᴴᴰ SPECIAL: R16-R40-R42 Museum Car Movement on the A line!

Dj Hammers

Today the museum R16, R40 Slant, and R42 made a trip down to the museum from 207th Street Yard and returned to the yard later that afternoon. What they did down at the museum I'm not sure of, but here's the footage from the move:

Enjoy, and please subscribe!

Also, Mr Railfan was with me and took video as well, but he is unable to post right now. Here is his video. Be sure to check out his other videos as well!

i cant wait till sunday 

Thank you for registering for our Nostalgia Ride, To the Rockaways by Rail. We look forward to seeing you this upcomingSunday, August 3rd!

We will meet at the New York Transit Museum, which is located at the corner of Boerum Place and Schermerhorn Street in Downtown Brooklyn.

Doors will open at 9:30am if you would like the chance to explore the Museum before your trip. Please arrive no later than 10:30am and check-in at the admission booth where your names will be on the guest list.

We will travel to the Rockaways on the R11, R16, R40, R42, and R38, among others. The train will arrive in the Rockaways by 1pm and will make two stops – the first at Beach 90 and the second at Rockaway Park. You can disembark at either to visit the beach, grab lunch, or visit PS1’s Rockaway! exhibit. You can also stay on the train for additional rides between Rockaway Park and Rockaway Boulevard.

The trail will depart Rockaway Park at 4:00pm and will leave Beach 90th Street at 4:05pm.  Please plan to arrive at either station at least 15 minutes before departure time. 

**PLEASE NOTE: The train will not be returning to the Museum. Once the train leaves the Rockaways you will be able to exit the train at the following stops:

• Hoyt/Schemerhorn
  • Jay Street
  • Fulton Street
  • West 4th Street
  • 34th Street
  • 42nd Street
  • 125th Street
  • Bedford Park Boulevard

If you would like to return to the Downtown Brooklyn area where the Museum is located, please disembark at Hoyt/Schermerhorn or Jay Street.

Additional information about the trip itinerary will be provided on the morning of your tour.

Questions? Contact our Tour Coordinator, Luz Montano at (718) 694-1867.

Thank you for supporting our work and joining us for this special program—we look forward to seeing you on the train!

The NYTM Team

__ Policies

Photography and video recording are permitted at the Transit Museum. However, tripods and stands may not be used.  All photographs taken are for personal use only and permission to photograph may be revoked at any time.

Refunds are not available for ticketed programs. Should you be unable to attend, the full price of unused tickets may be treated as a donation to the Transit Museum and is tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.

__

Reach the beach in style with one of our beach towels featuring a vintage BMT advertisement, now available in the Museum Store.

Luz Montano

Tour Coordinator

New York Transit Museum

130 Livingston St., 10th floor

Brooklyn, NY 11201

Luz.montano@nyct.com

718-694-1867

I saw them earlier that day moving around in 207 st yard. Nice catch.com

you must have seen that after I took this video. This move took place around 1pm, the cars were at the museum from before 730am to around 12pm or so.

Archived