MAJOR Subway goof in Sharknado 2 Movie

Wallyhorse

If you saw the Sharknado 2 movie that aired Wednesday night on Syfy, there was a MAJOR subway goof in the film, that being the (7) trains stopping at 96th Street.  Someone should have seen that and reminded the producers there is NO 96th Street stop in Manhattan on the (7).

You should know most movie producers do not recreate real stations in their movies. Just hope you should know that.

Plus a movie about a tornado filled with sharks is beyond retarded....but that's none of my business.

It was a... ugh "SyFy" original movie... still hate that name, I stopped watching that network outright when Warehouse 13 was cut and only stuck with that because of Allison Scagliotti, otherwise I would have left the channel when "Stargate Universe" was canceled. 

Their "originals" are not bastions of quality. It's the sort of crap "Mystery Science Theater 3000" would take on...

On that though, It explains so much. The network loved the crappy movies and didn't like the mocking. That's why the only kept the show for three years and their original movies suck.

Seriously, go watch Sharknado 2, and then watch this classic early "SciFI channel era" episode of MST3K Season 8, Episode 20 "Space Mutiny" (or Mutiny in Space, the thing was so fracked up the production crew couldn't agree on a title)

Terrible acting, cheep effects (when they're not stolen from the original Battlestar Galactic, Glen Larson must not be happy), hiring the world's WORST editors (woman killed in one scene suddenly appears alive and well at her station on the bridge the next) and making the female lead look old enough to be the her love interest's (RL husband's) mother (Tom Servo: "We have Your Grandmadaughter".) 

Yep, fits the bill exactly.

I mean, as a filmmaker I'm willing to give creative license to use different stations to serve as different lines - most people won't notice and it's a lot easier than getting the exact section of the line that you need. 

What I won't forgive however:

C'mon guys, when the shark bites off the back of the train car, the pipe pressure would plummet and the train would go BIE, not keep trucking on down the road at speed with all the interior lighting working. Filmmakers these days - no respect for George Westinghouse. Sheesh. 

It was a... ugh "SyFy" original movie... still hate that name, I stopped watching that network outright when Warehouse 13 was cut and only stuck with that because of Allison Scagliotti, otherwise I would have left the channel when "Stargate Universe" was canceled. 

Their "originals" are not bastions of quality. It's the sort of crap "Mystery Science Theater 3000" would take on...

On that though, It explains so much. The network loved the crappy movies and didn't like the mocking. That's why the only kept the show for three years and their original movies suck.

Seriously, go watch Sharknado 2, and then watch this classic early "SciFI channel era" episode of MST3K Season 8, Episode 20 "Space Mutiny" (or Mutiny in Space, the thing was so fracked up the production crew couldn't agree on a title)

Terrible acting, cheep effects (when they're not stolen from the original Battlestar Galactic, Glen Larson must not be happy), hiring the world's WORST editors (woman killed in one scene suddenly appears alive and well at her station on the bridge the next) and making the female lead look old enough to be the her love interest's (RL husband's) mother (Tom Servo: "We have Your Grandmadaughter".) 

Yep, fits the bill exactly.

i love MST3K!

Gypsy, Tom Servo,,..... Cro———w

tumblr_n9su1a2U2g1qzz0iho1_400.gif

I had to make this gif to illustrate actually the worst abuse of the movie, is that godforsaken fake-as-hell insert shot of what's supposed to be the emergency brake. 

Just - No. No no no. 

Oh yeah, another major gaffe in that.  I would have made sure those parts were accurate if it were me.

Again like others said, it's a movie about sharks sucked up in a tornado. The last thing you need to worry about is the trains being wrong. Be thankful they used the same train type (r62A) instead of switching from one train type to another like the film 'Safe' which switches bw an R62A and an R68.

People need to stop giving syfy and the company that produced that crap movie the attention it doesn't deserve. Ever since that rebranding, the quality of the network has gone to hell. Caprica sucked, SGU season 1 sucked, season 2 got better, but then they canned the show. They could've given BSG blood and chrome a season instead of just a movie as that had promise. When Eureka and WH13 ended, that was it for me, there's nothing good on that network other than the occasional reairing of classic films like aliens or the indiana jones films.

lgyumch.jpg

Don't worry, when I act or shoot a film that is set in the New York City Subway, I will make absolutely sure everything is totally accurate to the real thing just to make you happy, meaning I will not use another subway system to post as ours (like in Spider-Man 2), set an R62A as the B train (like in Law & Order: SVU), an R46 as the 2 train (like in World Trade Center), or create a fictional station (like in The Brave One).

Archived