Nonunion MTA workers at Rail Control Center won't get back pay with raises

Harry

post-5097-0-94855000-1407149470_thumb.jpg
Not all transit workers are getting big checks to go along with their modest raises. The Metropolitan Transportation Authority has told 110 subway train dispatchers and service supervisors in the Rail Control Center they won't be receiving back pay for 2010 through 2013 — unlike tens of thousands of other civil service workers who had expired contracts but recently reached settlements with the authority. Why? Because it can and it will save the authority, which has a $14.2 billion budget, a couple of million dollars. The Rail Control Center crew isn’t represented by a union. If you work for the MTA and you don’t have your own office with a window view of Madison Ave. or Broadway, it's always better to have a union card in your back pocket.

Read more: Source

post-5097-0-94855000-1407149470_thumb.jpg

Well they took the job knowing they'd have no representation, so what's the surprise here? Unless you're at management level it makes little sense to not be represented. Unless you hold a position which has never been represented.

uhh...isn't everyone in RCC at management level? When I went through the schoolcar tour they told us that everyone in that room is at least a supervisor and everyone in that room makes 6 digits

uhh...isn't everyone in RCC at management level? When I went through the schoolcar tour they told us that everyone in that room is at least a supervisor and everyone in that room makes 6 digits

Supervision isn't Management Down here...

Different titles Supervision has a Union Mgmt Does Not.

• 3 weeks later...

I heard in the crew room today that to work in the RCC you get an extra 10K/year plus extra benefits like free meals. Any truth to that?

Don't believe anything you hear in the Crew Rooms. The lawyers, doctors, and PhDs in there are idiots.

Archived