W8 to run on Sunday

GreatOne2k

Thank god, that is needed. Always irked me that the 8 had no Sunday Service, given how frequent the route is during the week. Also serves college of Mt. Saint Vincent, and some residential, so I'm sure you'll get some ridership.

Here's the new 8 schedule:

http://transportation.westchestergov.com/images/stories/Schedules/Fall14_Rte8.pdf

They have it starting off with 35-40 minute headways, but something tells me they should've started with 60 minutes instead. Also, now that the 8 runs on Sundays, they should revert the 78 to it's former, Limited Stop Route (on weekdays and saturdays), and skip I-87 and run via Ridge Road instead.

Now that the W8 is running on Sundays, there will be no W8!

(inb4VG8comescryingthatmorepeoplefromyonkerswillcomeandusehispreciousbxm1andbxm2)

I didn't understand though, on the other hand what you meant with this, I think you meant the 78 for the last part of your sentence, If I am perceiving it correctly.

.......Also, now that the 8 runs on Sundays, they should revert the 78 to it's former, Limited Stop Route (on weekdays and saturdays), and skip I-87 and run via Ridge Road instead.

I've always thought the BL-78 should run to city line on weekends......

Ultimately what I'm getting at is, the BL-8 should be a weekday only route.... With that, then the BL-78 should be extended (and modified) to have both current BL-8's end terminals on saturdays, and the current BL-78 eastern end terminal on sundays.....

Don't feel like explaining all the nuances of the idea, so here's a map...... Tried to make as detailed as I could, as quickly as I could...

Any questions, Ask.

What next, the 30 or 61 will have Sunday service?

30 maybe 61 unlikely it barely runs on Saturdays.

Ultimately what I'm getting at is, the BL-8 should be a weekday only route.... With that, then the BL-78 should be extended (and modified) to have both current BL-8's end terminals on saturdays, and the current BL-78 eastern end terminal on sundays.....

Don't feel like explaining all the nuances of the idea, so here's a map...... Tried to make as detailed as I could, as quickly as I could...

Any questions, Ask.

Why stop there let 78 go to 242nd (1) to boot. You had a point about the 3 hehe MTA adding trains strengthened your earlier point.

Any questions, Ask.

I have thought of having it as a combined routing, but I had a different plan in mind. Here's what I had in mind:

The 8/78 should run together (as in, reroute the 78 via Saw Mill, I think Nepperhan can handle the 5 and 9 over there). Also, maybe just change the destinations, the 8 as a limited north of Yonkers until Central Park Avenue, and then the 78 Runs Local to Central Park Avenue via Ridge Road, on weekdays and saturdays. On Sundays, just make the 8 serve everything as a local, but with 30 minute headways between Yonkers and Central Park Avenue

I have thought of having it as a combined routing, but I had a different plan in mind.

Here's what I had in mind:

The 8/78 should run together (as in, reroute the 78 via Saw Mill, I think Nepperhan can handle the 5 and 9 over there). Also, maybe just change the destinations, the 8 as a limited north of Yonkers until Central Park Avenue, and then the 78 Runs Local to Central Park Avenue via Ridge Road, on weekdays and saturdays.

On Sundays, just make the 8 serve everything as a local, but with 30 minute headways between Yonkers and Central Park Avenue

I would leave the weekday setup alone; the 8 remains the local & the 78 remains the LTD....

It's the weekend setup I would try to compress/combine.... Whether it's called the 8 or the 78 is moot to me....

Archived