MCI D4500CT Delivery Thread (CNG, Diesel & Hybrid-Electric)

Cait Sith

I think that 1/552 used to be a 552/319 combo run if you're talking about the one that leaves AC at 2:30am, deadheads from cape may to wildwood, then becomes 319 to NY via Ocean drive with a driver change in AC

That was before the long term Townsends Inlet Bridge detour between Sea Isle and Avalon

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder if these hybrids are gonna look anything like the D4500CT CNGs. I'll wait until the demo comes because I made assumptions about the new CNGs which turned out to be wrong. Though I do hope NJT changes some stuff so it doesn't look like new CNGs too much.

Not sure what exactly they would change; at least the basic body and rear-end will be the same. It is a stock commuter coach model, so what would you expect?

Wonder if these hybrids are gonna look anything like the D4500CT CNGs. I'll wait until the demo comes because I made assumptions about the new CNGs which turned out to be wrong. Though I do hope NJT changes some stuff so it doesn't look like new CNGs too much.

I hope so too...

Not sure what exactly they would change; at least the basic body and rear-end will be the same. It is a stock commuter coach model, so what would you expect?

I mean they change up the initial design of windows, make them frameless, but screwed in so tight that theres no possibility of them falling off.

Maybe they could come up with a different type of paint scheme? Who knows.

The most you are gonna see on those buses are the "Hybrid-Electric" decals on it. What you see with 7278 is our future, in 40 and 45 ft form.

From a driver standpoing the Hybrids are nice buses, lots of takeoff power (even more than the original 7100s) and they run great except for climbing hills. They don't like hills.....at all! The Egg Harbor guys are gonna have fun on climbing the Driscoll bridge on the 319 with a full load. And when they break expect to loose them to the vendor for a long time. I had 70281 for my pool bus when I was doing Exit 14 and I got a "Hybrid Fault Light" and the bus was at HO Penn for 2 months getting worked on. Other than that I can't wait for them to come in......I'll definatly be hitting up South Jersey for that ride.

The most you are gonna see on those buses are the "Hybrid-Electric" decals on it. What you see with 7278 is our future, in 40 and 45 ft form.

From a driver standpoing the Hybrids are nice buses, lots of takeoff power (even more than the original 7100s) and they run great except for climbing hills. They don't like hills.....at all! The Egg Harbor guys are gonna have fun on climbing the Driscoll bridge on the 319 with a full load. And when they break expect to loose them to the vendor for a long time. I had 70281 for my pool bus when I was doing Exit 14 and I got a "Hybrid Fault Light" and the bus was at HO Penn for 2 months getting worked on. Other than that I can't wait for them to come in......I'll definatly be hitting up South Jersey for that ride.

That's okay with me. I'm all for seeing more CTs.

I wanna try those hybrids Egg Harbor's getting, but I'd have to go up to NYC just to ride the 319. I guess I could try them if they ever bring them out on the 559.

That's okay with me. I'm all for seeing more CTs.

I wanna try those hybrids Egg Harbor's getting, but I'd have to go up to NYC just to ride the 319. I guess I could try them if they ever bring them out on the 559.

We are becoming an all 45' garage. The 552/3/9 ;313/315 will be all CTH. As for the 319, if they dont get the option for 10 with lavs then they wont be on the 319. Edited by 553 Bridgeton

Well not until the holidays when they need to run everything on the extras. Although I wonder if that long a run time is too much for the hybrid system. They should just get diesels with lavs for the 319.

Edited by BZGuy

They should be coming with the new Allison H50 drive units, which are huge improvements over the previous hybrid systems. I've been on quite a few buses out here with the new setup that has long....long hauls and they seem to handle the stress pretty nicely.

Edited by Cait Sith

Sounds like there good! Bz ill be expecting you to come for a ride when then arrive lol. More take off power then the 7100s thats all you had to tell me.

I'm gonna take you up on that!

It will be interesting to see how they hold up. I think this will be the first time the CTHs will be in heavy use, all the other transit properties just use them for rush hour service.

This is what Larry Higgs wrote about the hybrid cruisers:

http://www.nj.com/traffic/index.ssf/2014/10/nj_transit_to_by_hybrid_commut.html

Plus a poll on the additional hybrids with restrooms: http://www.nj.com/traffic/index.ssf/2014/10/should_nj_transit_spend_an_ext.html

Edited by mfs NJT459

• 3 weeks later...

Heading up to Kearny and Newark to see if any more CNGs arrived. If I don't see any there I'll probably head to Prevost.

MCIs would probably not be getting delivered to Prevost. I'd say they're going to Cummins.

Where did the MTAs get delivered?

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

MCIs would probably not be getting delivered to Prevost. I'd say they're going to Cummins.

Where did the MTAs get delivered?

Somewhere in Pennsylvania. Drivers went up there to drive them to NYC.

Edited by Cait Sith

Ahem... Kearny and Newark? Don't you have school today...???  <_<

Nah we have a week off. Partially for election day and because of the NJ Teachers Convention.

Somewhere in Pennsylvania. Drivers went up there to drive them to NYC.

I wish I had known that before I went up there lol. Only thing I saw was a bunch of D4505s.

I actually forgot that they might even be sent here.

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.8319465,-75.0719059,3a,75y,22.14h,79.73t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1syFXJfDD-LxO7RzoFzKglRg!2e0!6m1!1e1

Edited by Transitkid4608

When the 7100s came theu came in at ironbound n we sent up drivers to get them. Will likely be the same when the hybrids come.

I think the CNGs go there or Meadowlands first but there's probably a delivery point of some sort (likely a MCI/Cummins service center) they go to before. Kinda like how an MTA order will go to Prevost in Piscataway or Northeast Rebuilders, then go to Zerega, then the local depot.