Q-64 changing depots again?

traildriver

My current regular driver, who said goodbye Friday, told us he was outbid on the new pick effective next week.

I then told him I hope he gets it back on the next pick, but he said that he heard that in January, the route is reverting back to the College Point Depot, although just a rumor, not a certainty.

Has anyone else heard anything on this?

Thanks for those replies....I wonder why they swap routes?  My former favorite College Point driver was of the opinion that the MTA wanted to harass the senior driver's into retiring, to get a lower payroll with newer, lower scale driver's making up more of the staffing...

I don't know whether that makes sense to get rid of long-term, experienced and hopefully stable employees...

I look forward to getting back the newer Flyer's, if it happens.....

Don't forget . Bx23 should go to Gun Hill Depot.. Bx23 is Co-op city shuttle.. At least it easy for College Point Depot to take Q50.. Let Gun Hill Depot handle Bx23... Gun Hill Depot already have Bx29 route that goes to Co-op city to City Island...  

Don't forget . Bx23 should go to Gun Hill Depot.. Bx23 is Co-op city shuttle.. At least it easy for College Point Depot to take Q50.. Let Gun Hill Depot handle Bx23... Gun Hill Depot already have Bx29 route that goes to Co-op city to City Island...

Dude what are you talking about Bx 23 is a MTA Bus route which GH depot is under NYCT depot. So no way the Bx 23 going to GH depot it's EC route and will remind that way.

NO!!! NO!!! the bx23 was split from the original QBX1 route which is an MTA bus route so that can't happen, union issues would kill it from happen  though they are the same union, they are different factions within the union

The Q-50 and the Q-64 are going back to CP. Starting the winter pick.

Won't just be a split with ECH?

The listing i have...for January is

Bxm 8 ech

Bx1 2 3 4 11 18 ech

Bxm9 C P

Qm2 20. Cp and Ech

Q50 lag...????

Q64 C p

Q53 BAISLEY

...????

QM24 QM25 CP

-So Yonkers is closing fast huh...

-not surprised about the 9 if Yonkers really closes

-If Yonkers really closes I'd be surprised if that 2/20 split sticks around.

-Baisley would need extra buses for the 53 and that depot isn't even that big.

BP is big enough and they are rumors of HALF of the Q53 going to BP but ITS JUST RUMORED atm, the Q53 was moved to CP and Q64 was moved to BP was because LGA depot is getting work in its maintenance bays or something like that

I ask my B/O friend who is friend of TWU vice president John Day and I got told that with the new TWU - MTA Bus contract which vice president John Day is working on in contract neogtiations, MTA wants to be able to move route between TWU 100 and ATU 1179 and 1181. The big reason for this is the Q52/Q53 Select Bus line coming up in future. Since MTA has articulated bus based from JFK and Far Rockaway depot, MTA want to have Q53 trips be based out of JFK and Far Rockaway depot. Nothing is final as contract is still being negotiated now. 

Regarding winter 2015, everything is still pending MTA decision to close Yonkers depot. But LaGuardia renovations are close to completion and some decisions may come out of the needs which come for less pressure on depots. One thing for sure is that QM24/QM25 move to College Point is being worked on and this move is also pending the new TWU - MTA Bus contract in addition to need for bus depot space. 

So I work at cp and what I heard is 53 back to lga...64 n 67 back to cp....heard nothing about 24 n 25 moving to cp.....but all of this is just hear say...when they post the winter pick is when I believe anything....also the drivers at lga want straight seniority real bad for this up n coming contract ....maybe the big push is because they will loose the 24 n 25...time will tell all.

Archived