Cait Sith

Good title and pics... Still don't quite get the destination signage for the Q56 though...

You can thank your former-fellow Staten Islanders for that. We now have these signs because of them.

The variety here is awesome!

Crispy shots man!

Thank you both!

Is that right? lol

Yup, it's going to be the alternative for the SBS since they bitched about the lights. I forgot what color will be assigned for SBS, but the entire fleet will soon have these signs I believe.

Yup, it's going to be the alternative for the SBS since they bitched about the lights. I forgot what color will be assigned for SBS, but the entire fleet will soon have these signs I believe.

Friggin' crazy... I was hoping that the old green signs would go away for good... A PITA to read as they become older... The orange signage is much better....

Is that right? lol

Friggin' crazy... I was hoping that the old green signs would go away for good... A PITA to read as they become older... The orange signage is much better....

yep Staten island state senator Lanza was the one who opened his mouth about it

Well, the ones you see on 7090 are multicolored, so you'll see different colors soon.

These aren't the old green signs; the old ones are individually backlit flipdots, and the backlights (most likely very early green LEDs) had a knack for intermittently failing (sometimes in chunks) and that makes the sign really hard to read. The older green signs were flipdots lit by a fluorescent bulb , which are a real pain in the ass to read at night even when they work properly. The new sign on 7090, however, is a much more modern RGB LED setup that'll most likely have failure rates no higher than the Horizon and Titan signs (the orange signs) and should be adjustable to be very easy to read at night.

These aren't the old green signs; the old ones are individually backlit flipdots, and the backlights (most likely very early green LEDs) had a knack for intermittently failing (sometimes in chunks) and that makes the sign really hard to read. The older green signs were flipdots lit by a fluorescent bulb , which are a real pain in the ass to read at night even when they work properly. The new sign on 7090, however, is a much more modern RGB LED setup that'll most likely have failure rates no higher than the Horizon and Titan signs (the orange signs) and should be adjustable to be very easy to read at night.

We shall see...

We shall see...

He's actually right. The way those signs work to the human eye is that from the distance, it'll look white, so anybody in the day or night can actually see the bus sign and where its going.

Nice pics. Did you see the Hybrid on the (G) shuttle with the destination sign saying "NAUSSAU AV"?

Yup, along with some EPA10 units and some C40LFs.

Done like a professional! +1.

Thank you sir!

Archived