Kanye West refuses to sing, orders disabled fans to stand up at concert in Australia

BM5 via Woodhaven

image.JPG

Entertainer Kanye West on Oct. 23, 2012, in Manhattan. (Credit: Getty Images)

Nobody tells Kanye West what to do, but he can certainly tell fans.

The rapper caused a commotion Friday night after stopping his concert in Sydney, Australia, because some fans wouldn’t stand up at the show.

The reason why they wouldn’t stand is because they couldn't -- one had a prosthetic limb, another was in a wheelchair.

The rapper refused to continue singing until everyone in the audience was standing, a 

shows.

“I decided I can’t do this song – I can’t do the rest of this show – until everybody stand up,” West told the crowd. “I’m going to see you if you ain’t standing up, believe me.”

West continued to survey the crowd to spot people sitting, even asking audience members to find people sitting down.

“This is the longest I’ve had to wait to do a song,” he complained while he waited. “It’s unbelievable.”

Unfortunately, some fans getting booed by the crowd for not standing weren’t physically able to.

“Y’all want to stand up or y’all want to get removed?” West continued.

Shortly after, West realized one fan he was demanding to stand had a prosthetic limb and another was in a wheelchair.

One of the singled out fans even waved a prosthetic limb in the air, the Daily Beast reported.

West sent bodyguard Pascal Duvier into the stands to check that the fan in the wheelchair was in fact disabled.

For More Info: http://www.newsday.com/entertainment/celebrities/kanye-west-refuses-to-sing-demands-disabled-fans-to-stand-up-at-concert-in-australia-1.9310088

The UK's Daily Mail newspaper had an article on this that covered Kanye being an a-hole for about three paragraphs then proceeded to go on and on about what Mrs. West was warring during his shows down under....

I think this was the author's thinking.

"Yea, I don't have much to talk about, and so much space to fill..." So he turns it an article more "keeping up with the Cardassians*" than "keeping up with Stupid" 

*Not a typo, a joke I'm borrowing from Joel McHale.

Its a shame that Kayne West is like this. He really should have known better, and try to be a role model instead of one as a complete a**hole, I mean his songs even suck.

He is very contrary to the true masterminds of rap who revolutionized hip hop culture by storm in the  late 1990's (Wu Tang Clan, NAS, Mobb Deep, KRS One, Biggie Smalls and others). In fact some underground hip hop artists are now trying to bring that 90's vibe back.

Archived