LIRR locomotive Engineer Trainee job

avinny116

5 minutes ago, Steven trejo said:

@drenyce311 @Lirrdream @Kicker @Iwetoddit Hey guys I just got called! Booked my medical for tomorrow morning at 730! I'm beyond happy and excited! 😅 See you guys in class!📚🤓 ALL ABOARD! 🚂💨

Remember wear sweatpants or gym shorts. I made the mistake of wearing jeans and had to adjust my jeans to walk over ballast and mimic climbing a locomotive. Lol. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, drenyce311 said:

Remember wear sweatpants or gym shorts. I made the mistake of wearing jeans and had to adjust my jeans to walk over ballast and mimic climbing a locomotive. Lol. 

Roger that ! And yes I saw u post that back In 2015 lol hehe 🏃🏽‍♂️🏃🏽‍♂️

1 hour ago, drenyce311 said:

Suggesting sweatpants @drenyce311 was the some sage advice. Just got done with phase 1 medical and passed everything, (that ladder is high as hell lol). @Steven trejo I knew you were going to get called. @Kicker and @Iwetoddit now the real work begins. I know that @LIRRrailfan is here lurking as well, hopefully you got the call as well. Congrats to all of you guys, just making this far is a great achievement in itself....

3 hours ago, Stevend258 said:

Can anyone tell me how long after phase 1 phase two comes because I am supposed to be going on vacation in December 

So your starting the 18th. 6 weeks of class time. 7th Saturday is test. Probably 2-3 weeks after that. Nov 2nd is your test. Probably 2-3 weeks after that you’ll start phase 2. So yea. Go ahead and cancel that vacation. There’s no taking Days  off in phase 2. And 100% attendance is needed. Phase 2 you have weekends off. So you can forget about having weekends off once you qualify and get used to going on vacation in January. Just a heads up. 

Edited by drenyce311

1 hour ago, drenyce311 said:

So your starting the 18th. 6 weeks of class time. 7th Saturday is test. Probably 2-3 weeks after that. Nov 2nd is your test. Probably 2-3 weeks after that you’ll start phase 2. So yea. Go ahead and cancel that vacation. There’s no taking Days  off in phase 2. And 100% attendance is needed. Phase 2 you have weekends off. So you can forget about having weekends off once you qualify and get used to going on vacation in January. Just a heads up. 

That’s quite the turnaround.  But I imagine it also depends on filling the class?  I thought we would wait a bit as well after phase 1.  

9 minutes ago, Iwetoddit said:

That’s quite the turnaround.  But I imagine it also depends on filling the class?  I thought we would wait a bit as well after phase 1.  

I would much rather start as soon as possible to keep all the information freshhhh🤓 my GF is going to Aruba without me lol 💃🏻

Congratulations on Phase 1.  The last three phase two classes have been the sixth Wednesday after the phase 1 test, so if the pattern holds your phase 1 test will be November 2 with phase 2 beginning December 11.  Good luck in phase 1, you control your own destiny now.

2 minutes ago, republic said:

Congratulations on Phase 1.  The last three phase two classes have been the sixth Wednesday after the phase 1 test, so if the pattern holds your phase 1 test will be November 2 with phase 2 beginning December 11.  Good luck in phase 1, you control your own destiny now.

Thank you republic 🙌🏼🙏🏼 I like that "control your own destiny" 🌠

27 minutes ago, republic said:

Hey Republic. I can’t even get out on a RD because of your class. Haha. JK. Hope all is well brother.