(A) Throwback from 8 years ago today 10/16

R33WF

I remember I was waiting at Broadway Nassau back then(now Fulton Street) and I always take the (A) to Far Rockaway. I was hoping to catch the Far Rock bound R160 but I end up taking the Lefferts Blvd bound that was using the R160. So I got on and I was excited. I really want the R160 back on the (A) so bad. But that is not going to happen until the R46s retire in 2019...... :(

Good ol days. Who knows, they might make their comeback haha.

Once the R211s are finally here to retire the R46 cars anything is possible with the rest of the fleet in regards to car assignments. Even with the R179s, never know, those 5 car sets could wind up on the A cant rule that out. As it is they are using R32s and R68s to accommodate for the recent summer pick on an otherwise straight across the board R46 equipped IND line (Because of needed service increases). Also, they are still re-evaluating the need to increase service on 8th Avenue in the light of complaints regarding A and C service. 

The 207th Street Complex also Pitkin Yard needs to be ready to properly maintain R179 cars, I wouldnt be surprised at all if the few 5 car sets end up on the A.

Great pic!

Once the R211s are finally here to retire the R46 cars anything is possible with the rest of the fleet in regards to car assignments. Even with the R179s, never know, those 5 car sets could wind up on the A cant rule that out. As it is they are using R32s and R68s to accommodate for the recent summer pick on an otherwise straight across the board R46 equipped IND line (Because of needed service increases). Also, they are still re-evaluating the need to increase service on 8th Avenue in the light of complaints regarding A and C service. 

The 207th Street Complex also Pitkin Yard needs to be ready to properly maintain R179 cars, I wouldnt be surprised at all if the few 5 car sets end up on the A.

Hey Realizm, do you know when the study will come out?

Archived