Bx21 to Astoria

46Dover

I don't remember a Bx21 Astoria, but I do remember the M35 running to Queens....

If you get a subway map with the double letters on the strip map side, you'll see it there. I'd like to know the origin and it's purpose

Who here remembers the Bx21 going to Astoria and connecting with the RR train and the M35 at Astoria Blvd?

If you go back far enough, you'll find a multi-headed "TB" route which eventually became three distinct routes:

- Bx21  (Jackson/138 to Astoria)

- M34  (Lex/125 to Randalls Island)

- M35  (Lex/125 to Astoria)

Eventually the M34 and M35 were merged into one route (M35) which was later restructured to form the M60. Meanwhile, the Bx21 died on the vine.

If you go back far enough, you'll find a multi-headed "TB" route which eventually became three distinct routes:

- Bx21  (Jackson/138 to Astoria)

- M34  (Lex/125 to Randalls Island)

- M35  (Lex/125 to Astoria)

Eventually the M34 and M35 were merged into one route (M35) which was later restructured to form the M60. Meanwhile, the Bx21 died on the vine.

yes, forgot about the M34 of that time....

The old Bx21 I believe ran between Jackson/138th in The Bronx to 37th Avenue & 21st Street in Astoria. I think the routing was split....after it was taken over by MaBSTOA.

That would be 37th STREET & 21st AVENUE.

That would be 37th STREET & 21st AVENUE.

Correction-24th Ave.

Archived