'Person of Interest' TV show useing City Hall station?

Trackwalker

I was watching the TV show,' Person of Interest' and  noticed the 'hideout' of Harold and group is located in a subway car at an abandoned subway Station.  The background of the set has the appearance of the City Hall subway station.  Does anyone know if it's just a stage set constructed to look like the station or is it actually the location of the real station used as a 'hideout' for the actors. 

Don't they use a track of the 42 Street Shuttle in the weekend when filming for a movie or series?

Yes, but I think its overnight when they film on the shuttle. On the last episode of "Power" they had a platform at GC on the TS shuttle signed up as 3rd Ave-138th on the  (6),  only one platform was filled up with people (Extras) while the other platform was empty.

I was watching the TV show,' Person of Interest' and  noticed the 'hideout' of Harold and group is located in a subway car at an abandoned subway Station.  The background of the set has the appearance of the City Hall subway station.  Does anyone know if it's just a stage set constructed to look like the station or is it actually the location of the real station used as a 'hideout' for the actors. 

The mock up station was made with a City Hall feel but the mosaic tiles read "I.R.T". It's also a single track stub; not a loop like the real station. The mock up car that is used looks like a lot like a Chicago Transit car. For those that have never seen the show should check it out, free streaming of recent episodes at http://www.cbs.com/shows/person_of_interest/

Don't they use a track of the 42 Street Shuttle in the weekend when filming for a movie or series?

Yes. Most recent season of the show Louis had the GC station on the shuttle as pictured here

http://pmcdeadline2.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/louie-interview-subway__120617234924.jpg

Matt Bomer had a scene in the HBO movie "The Normal Heart" that was filmed at GC also. The premiere episode of Forever on ABC had a scene where the main character boarded from the Times Square shuttle platform.

Archived