BxM10 express bus question

Via Garibaldi 8

I may be using the BxM10 express bus for the next several months to and from Manhattan for business reasons and have a few questions:

-I've only used the BxM10 to go to and from Morris Park, but I may need to take the bus to the last stop (Eastchester Road and Boston Rd.) or close to the last stop not too far from Albert Einstein and Jacobi Medical Center.

-How safe is the area by that last stop and what is it called? Is it Pelham Gardens, Williamsbridge or Baychester? I know Pelham Gardens is pretty decent, as that is very close to Morris Park, but I'm not familiar with Williamsbridge or Baychester.

-Where is the first Southbound BxM10 bus stop located? On Google maps, I see TWO express bus stops for some odd reason (one at the corner of Eastchester Road and Boston Rd.), which has a stop supposedly for the BxM10 and Bx31, but then there's another bus stop heading south on Eastchester Rd. by Eastwood Manor, which makes more sense, given the fact that the bus has to turnaround somewhere.

1. How safe is the area by that last stop and what is it called? Is it Pelham Gardens, Williamsbridge or Baychester? I know Pelham Gardens is pretty decent, as that is very close to Morris Park, but I'm not familiar with Williamsbridge or Baychester.

2. Where is the first Southbound BxM10 bus stop located? On Google maps, I see TWO express bus stops for some odd reason (one at the corner of Eastchester Road and Boston Rd.), which has a stop supposedly for the BxM10 and Bx31, but then there's another bus stop heading south on Eastchester Rd. by Eastwood Manor, which makes more sense, given the fact that the bus has to turnaround somewhere.

1. It's safe enough for you to go there.

2. The first stop is on Tillotson Avenue

I may be using the BxM10 express bus for the next several months to and from Manhattan for business reasons and have a few questions:

-I've only used the BxM10 to go to and from Morris Park, but I may need to take the bus to the last stop (Eastchester Road and Boston Rd.) or close to the last stop not too far from Albert Einstein and Jacobi Medical Center.

-How safe is the area by that last stop and what is it called? Is it Pelham Gardens, Williamsbridge or Baychester? I know Pelham Gardens is pretty decent, as that is very close to Morris Park, but I'm not familiar with Williamsbridge or Baychester.

-Where is the first Southbound BxM10 bus stop located? On Google maps, I see TWO express bus stops for some odd reason (one at the corner of Eastchester Road and Boston Rd.), which has a stop supposedly for the BxM10 and Bx31, but then there's another bus stop heading south on Eastchester Rd. by Eastwood Manor, which makes more sense, given the fact that the bus has to turnaround somewhere.

The first one isn't a question...

The second, well it sure isn't Pelham Gardens (too far south).... Even though the MTA has buses signed as Baychester, it really isn't in Baychester either (Baychester is more or less anything east of the Dyre av line in that area).... Some'll say it's Williamsbridge, whose southern border is Boston Rd. itself.... I'd say the BxM10 terminal is in the  neighborhood of either Allerton or Laconia..... As far as safety, well I'm the wrong person to ask - since Boston rd. around Eastchester (rd) reminds me of Flatbush av in East Flatbush here.... I'm going to tell you right now that the ridership demographic along that part of the route (eastchester rd, north of the Bx12) is similar to the Canarsie portion of the BM2.... Very similar.... From that, you can draw your own conclusions.

The third one..... The first stop of the inbound BxM10 is in front of the Eastwood Manor, along Eastchester rd.... Always has been.

Yeah, for a while, the DOT or whoever had the BxM10 as stopping w/ the Bx31, but it never did.... I don't know when it was physically removed, but the BxM10 sign it's no longer there (which is correct, since the Bx31 only stops on the NW corner)...

.....The first stop is on Tillotson Avenue

you mean at Tillotson.... in front of the Eastwood Manor.... along Eastchester rd.

The first one isn't a question...

The second, well it sure isn't Pelham Gardens (too far south).... Even though the MTA has buses signed as Baychester, it really isn't in Baychester either (Baychester is more or less anything east of the Dyre av line in that area).... Some'll say it's Williamsbridge, whose southern border is Boston Rd. itself.... I'd say the BxM10 terminal is in the  neighborhood of either Allerton or Laconia..... As far as safety, well I'm the wrong person to ask - since Boston rd. around Eastchester (rd) reminds me of Flatbush av in East Flatbush here.... I'm going to tell you right now that the ridership demographic along that part of the route (eastchester rd, north of the Bx12) is similar to the Canarsie portion of the BM2.... Very similar.... From that, you can draw your own conclusions.

The third one..... The first stop of the inbound BxM10 is in front of the Eastwood Manor, along Eastchester rd.... Always has been.

Yeah, for a while, the DOT or whoever had the BxM10 as stopping w/ the Bx31, but it never did.... I don't know when it was physically removed, but the BxM10 sign it's no longer there (which is correct, since the Bx31 only stops on the NW corner)...

you mean at Tillotson.... in front of the Eastwood Manor.... along Eastchester rd.

I did a Google tour of the place and some searches online... My main concern is that it looks deserted in parts. In other words, lots of houses but I don't get the vibe that it's necessarily safe per se and I don't want to be in the middle of some drug situation or crazy shootout similar to what happened along the Concourse where the cops had it shut down because of some gunshots or something, and I had to run over to the BxM4 to get the hell out of there.  <_<  It's just one of those things that you pick up as a New Yorker.  From what I've heard it can be deserted at times walking around there.  For that reason I'll stay along Eastchester Rd. which looks tolerable enough and I'll be going there in the morning and only staying a short time.  I'm not worried about being robbed because I have enough street smarts that only a fool or someone carrying would even approach me and I've been in the South Bronx for business purposes for a while now and haven't had any issues, but I only go during day light hours and my head is always looking around AT ALL TIMES because they know and I know that I am not from the area, but they also are smart enough not to f*ck with me.

1. It's safe enough for you to go there.

Whatever that means.... Some places are tolerable at certain hours like the South Bronx and only select parts on the Concourse near the Courthouses because the heavy police presence, but some parts I wouldn't tell my worst enemy to walk around in.  Above 165th for example is definitely a no go off of the Concourse, and even along 165th.  I passed by one building... Bullet holes galore... Not a place I would be walking around at night or during the summer, that's for sure.

As far as safety, well I'm the wrong person to ask - since Boston rd. around Eastchester (rd) reminds me of Flatbush av in East Flatbush here.... I'm going to tell you right now that the ridership demographic along that part of the route (eastchester rd, north of the Bx12) is similar to the Canarsie portion of the BM2.... Very similar.... From that, you can draw your own conclusions.

Which is why when I ride the BxM10, I go from Manhattan to E 180th St Station. Beyond that, that Bx21 is looking pretty good for me.

I used the BxM10 this morning...  It was a disaster... I got up dirt early, got the 07:00 BxM2, made a stop in Midtown and then made my way to 37th and Madison for the 08:20 bus. The first bus was on detour but there no signs anywhere.  I was tracking it and then it disappeared.  By the time there was anything posted it was too late, so I schlepped to 86th and 3rd for the next one where I found several people that missed that bus for the same reason.  Next bus was late and I arrived half hour late to my session.  I was quite annoyed to say the least.  The neighborhood was tolerable enough but I did see some sketchy individuals, so you just have to be on the lookout.  Where I have to go is quite nice though, but the good thing is I discovered some more good spots to eat breakfast or brunch in the city before I head up there.

I used the BxM10 this morning...  It was a disaster... I got up dirt early, got the 07:00 BxM2, made a stop in Midtown and then made my way to 37th and Madison for the 08:20 bus. The first bus was on detour but there no signs anywhere.  I was tracking it and then it disappeared.  By the time there was anything posted it was too late, so I schlepped to 86th and 3rd for the next one where I found several people that missed that bus for the same reason.  Next bus was late and I arrived half hour late to my session.  I was quite annoyed to say the least.  The neighborhood was tolerable enough but I did see some sketchy individuals, so you just have to be on the lookout.  Where I have to go is quite nice though, but the good thing is I discovered some more good spots to eat breakfast or brunch in the city before I head up there.

See, I told you it's safe enough.

If you go further to the north, east or west , you'll run into Edenwald Houses , Gun Hill, or Secor Housing (respectively).

In reality, you're alright, no need to worry.

zoo tourists are a different breed lol.

A lot of them actually aren't tourists on the BxM11... They are usually Upper East Side folks bringing their brats to the Zoo.  Some of them can be pretty annoying and ghetto too.  This one "soccer" mom type had the audacity to leave her big @ss Coke or Pepsi on the floor half full and then gets off at 84th and 5th with her loud brat.  The damn thing turned over spilling out soda, and luckily I caught it and cleaned up the mess since I had a bottle of water with me and some Bounty.  Those people should take the subway up there and see how nice the ride would be since they don't appreciate riding a clean bus. <_<

Archived