Q112 bus driver vs. a dumbass teen farebeater fight (youtube)

Orion VII 4 Life

Posted by Gold 12th on Subchat, the title is by him not me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKq_curNrPQ

An uncorked Queens bus driver was captured Tuesday morning on video cursing out - and then wrestling with a teenager who wanted a free ride.

“I’m going to kick your ass,” the driver bellows at one point before shoving the much smaller teen on a Q112 bus in Jamaica.

“I feel tough every f**kING day, little boy!” the driver also yells into the teen’s face during the approximately three-minute video that a passenger posted on YouTube.

Police identified the teen as Kobe Vaughan, 16, of Queens.

After the on-board clash, Vaughan threw a garbage can at the bus, damaging the front door, police said.

He was arrested and charged with misdemeanor criminal mischief, police said.

The driver was not charged - but his career may have come to an abrupt halt.

“Bus operators are instructed to avoid any type of altercation in cases involving fare evasion,” MTA spokesman Kevin Ortiz said. “The incident is under investigation.”

One veteran transit worker predicted the driver would be fired.

“He’s done,” the official said. “There’s no way he’s getting out of that one.”

Vaughan boarded at Guy R. Brewer Blvd. and Jamaica Ave. and quietly asked for a free ride, according to the passenger who took the video and entitled her YouTube posting, “Child Abused by MTA Bus Driver.”

The driver refused the freebie request and tensions escalated from there, the rider said.

In the video, Vaughan refuses to get off, claiming the driver broke the rules and “put his hands on me.”

Insults were then hurled back and forth.

Vaughan called the driver “tough guy” and “superman.”

“The bus company doesn’t care about you, sir,” Vaughan says. “You work for white people that don’t care about you.”

The driver called Vaughan a “bum ****** with no money.”

“It’s just a matter of time before a white man’s going to come pick you up and get you off the bus anyway,” the driver says. “There will be a cop passing by, don’t worry.”

Towards the end of the video, the driver shoves Vaughan hard up against the front door in an apparent bid to force him off. The two grapple for about 25 seconds before the video stops.

The woman rider said the two tussled for another two or three minutes before the driver managed to push Vaughan to the street.

“It was really horrible,” she said. “It was unbelievable. I didn’t think it would escalate to that point.”  

SMFH. The driver went way too far but I think they're gonna try and go after the kid more and possibly with the felony bus operator assault charge, they'll say he kept the fight going when he could have walked off. Meanwhile the driver is just gonna get fired and not face anything. He let his temper get to him instead of doing his job (which tells him to avoid fare disputes) so he's gonna get what's coming to him, well at least losing his job.

I never seen anything like that before. The driver did go a little too far and had to right to get up in the kids face. The kid on the other hand should of just gotten off the bus if he didn't have a metrocard and waited to see if the next driver would let him on. Behavior like this is not justified especially if the kid didn't put his hands on him.

He messed up when he got out of the seat. All he had to do was call the command center and they would have sent the police to take the kid off the bus. I've seen a situation on the Q12 where the driver handled the situation a lot better. This "kid" (with a full beard) gets on the bus with a student metro card. The driver asks to see his ID to prove his age and/or right to have the student metro card (they are allowed to do that). The "kid" refuses with a nasty attitude. Driver tells him, "you can get off the bus, or be taken off the bus". "Kid" tell the driver, "do whatever you are gonna do". Driver picks up his radio and makes the call, than drives off. The kid yells from the back "thats what the f___ I thought". 6 blocks later, the cops pull the bus over. Driver points out the "kid", and the police pull him off the bus...end of story

He messed up when he got out of the seat. All he had to do was call the command center and they would have sent the police to take the kid off the bus. I've seen a situation on the Q12 where the driver handled the situation a lot better. This "kid" (with a full beard) gets on the bus with a student metro card. The driver asks to see his ID to prove his age and/or right to have the student metro card (they are allowed to do that). The "kid" refuses with a nasty attitude. Driver tells him, "you can get off the bus, or be taken off the bus". "Kid" tell the driver, "do whatever you are gonna do". Driver picks up his radio and makes the call, than drives off. The kid yells from the back "thats what the f___ I thought". 6 blocks later, the cops pull the bus over. Driver points out the "kid", and the police pull him off the bus...end of story

That's the way to do it. I saw a simialr situation on the Q46, except for whatever reason the Command Center sent MTA Bridge and Tunnel Cops in stead of NYPD to arrest the guy, which they did. 

The B/O in this video said he's been driving for 25 years, and he seems really angry and burnt out after all that time. It's too bad because it probably cost him his at least some of his pension

That's the way to do it. I saw a simialr situation on the Q46, except for whatever reason the Command Center sent MTA Bridge and Tunnel Cops in stead of NYPD to arrest the guy, which they did. 

The B/O in this video said he's been driving for 25 years, and he seems really angry and burnt out after all that time. It's too bad because it probably cost him his at least some of his pension

lol... You're telling me.... I really don't understand why some folks take the job if they can't handle dealing with the public.  This guy is going to lose his job over $2.50... Very smart... I also don't understand why the racial slurs had to be thrown in on both sides.  I don't see what that had to do with the fare, but "somehow" that became relevant.  Two characters using ghetto behavior and this is what you get... All over $2.50...  <_<

I remember a few years ago I got on a M57 bus and this black B/O was literally talking to himself out loud talking about how he was tired of being verbally abused.  I said to myself then why not just quit?  Some of these guys (and women as well) don't have a high amount of education and get this job and have no other options aside from this and that's where the real problem is.  They become too high and mighty thinking that everyone owes them something just because they're driving a bus or that they're better than the riding public.  Nobody owes anyone anything, and the sooner these guys get this the better off they'll be.  Just drive the bus, and leave the macho holier than thou BS at the door and they would be fine, but some of these guys need to prove something... I don't know to who, but they have an image to uphold.  :lol:

lol... You're telling me.... I really don't understand why some folks take the job if they can't handle dealing with the public.  This guy is going to lose his job over $2.50... Very smart... I also don't understand why the racial slurs had to be thrown in on both sides.  I don't see what that had to do with the fare, but "somehow" that became relevant.  Two characters using ghetto behavior and this is what you get... All over $2.50...  <_<

I remember a few years ago I got on a M57 bus and this black B/O was literally talking to himself out loud talking about how he was tired of being verbally abused.  I said to myself then why not just quit?  Some of these guys (and women as well) don't have a high amount of education and get this job and have no other options aside from this and that's where the real problem is.  They become too high and mighty thinking that everyone owes them something just because they're driving a bus or that they're better than the riding public.  Nobody owes anyone anything, and the sooner these guys get this the better off they'll be.  Just drive the bus, and leave the macho holier than thou BS at the door and they would be fine, but some of these guys need to prove something... I don't know to who, but they have an image to uphold.  :lol:

If you had to deal with thug kids and low lifes among the good passengers,you would be on the edge. Sometimes you have to take action like the Cleveland driver who uppercut some loudmouth chickenhead. If the parents don't control their kids someone else will.

If you had to deal with thug kids and low lifes among the good passengers,you would be on the edge. Sometimes you have to take action like the Cleveland driver who uppercut some loudmouth chickenhead. If the parents don't control their kids someone else will.

lol... He "took control" and will likely be fired... Not very smart...

That driver sounded like he had enough of the bullshit. Not saying hes right. I rather have a bad day home then a bad day at work.

Some days this job really gets to you; i avoid any conversation with any passenger even if they say gm or gn or whatever. Transit say let em ride shit ill give out free rides allday.

Seriously all that over 2.50, and the Boy did supposedly ask .... I could see if he blatantly tried to walk pass the fare box without paying, or if he pulled this everyday (which we don't know)... But sorry 25 years on the job, is not worth it to hassle a kid for 2.50....It's not coming out of the drivers pocket. If he repeatedly does this, have the Po Po meet you at the stop he usually gets on at, or continuously hit the Fare Evasion button and leave it to the MTA. 

I don't know if I would have even hit the "Fare Evasion" button, since the kid did "Ask" for the ride. I would've treated just like someone who forgot to refill their Metrocard on Monday mornings and need to get to the subway to do so. It happens all the time and drivers don't lose their sh*t over it. 

the one thing i like to point out. Was there a constant reminder for the bus drivers not to get involved in the altercation? They should remind these drivers with the video of one of he driver that got killed in Bed Sty. that video had a guy who was fare evasion and then later ask for a transfer. 

Bridgeton, you speak truth. I just now had an instance where a passenger got loud for the lights being on and it took all I had to tell her to sit down and be quiet. And I was trying to teach a new driver the route to drive. If it got really extreme, I'd keep calm for a moment, then call out the next day to get it together

Seriously all that over 2.50, and the Boy did supposedly ask .... I could see if he blatantly tried to walk pass the fare box without paying, or if he pulled this everyday (which we don't know)... But sorry 25 years on the job, is not worth it to hassle a kid for 2.50....It's not coming out of the drivers pocket. If he repeatedly does this, have the Po Po meet you at the stop he usually gets on at, or continuously hit the Fare Evasion button and leave it to the MTA. 

I don't know if I would have even hit the "Fare Evasion" button, since the kid did "Ask" for the ride. I would've treated just like someone who forgot to refill their Metrocard on Monday mornings and need to get to the subway to do so. It happens all the time and drivers don't lose their sh*t over it. 

LOL@ Po po... Call the po po...  :lol: I witnessed an incident at 3rd and 86th a few months ago while waiting for the BxM1.  A M101 (I think) pulled into the stop, and these teenagers (girls) get on and just walk past the farebox and take a seat. I got the impression that they regularly did this and got on this guy's bus and he wasn't thrilled about it and let them know, but as far as I know, he didn't do anything aside from orally voicing his displeasure.

LOL@ Po po... Call the po po...  :lol: I witnessed an incident at 3rd and 86th a few months ago while waiting for the BxM1.  A M101 (I think) pulled into the stop, and these teenagers (girls) get on and just walk past the farebox and take a seat. I got the impression that they regularly did this and got on this guy's bus and he wasn't thrilled about it and let them know, but as far as I know, he didn't do anything aside from orally voicing his displeasure.

this is why we can't have nice things.

Archived