NICE bus Maintenance?

Don't they do engine work and replace parts?

They seem to put it off until it's impossible to get  the bus moving.  I used to see NICE tow trucks around a lot before the arrival of the 3G's.  I've had countless NGs with engine or transmission issues and one driver managed to nail a curb hard enough to cause the rear tires to almost come off the wheel.  They really do wonder why ridership is going down.

NICE does clean the wheels every few months... and that's it.  Sad to think that Far Rock and LGA are better at maintenance.

Actually, I think they just get new Acloas. But engine work is more important. Like I heard a while back that they have a coolant shortage going on. Also heard that the bus washes at both depots broke down a while back. Don't know if that's still the case now though. Now that I think about it, why don't they switch from acloas to Capstone hubcaps instead, like what the rest of the MTA did back in the early 2000s? Wouldn't that cut cost? 

• 2 weeks later...

I personally believe that no one at NICE bus has thought of that yet.

If you've thought of it I'm sure "NICE" has thought of it to they just opted not to (or can't afford to) we're talking about people (like seltzer) who've been running transit systems probably 2-3 times longer than you've been alive. Not trying to start anything, just saying...

Archived