"Storm" Movie Idea Question

Javier

Okay, I want to make a Sequel to "Into The Storm" that's based in NYC, but I have a few questions.

Is the subway a good place to hide if a tornado of 300 MPH reaches NY?

I'm using a 3D model of a R142 10 Car Set train that gets lifted off the track and thrown into 161 Street Yard, crushing a work train and derailing a R46 that was laying up. Then the tornado reaches the Yard, and all the trains there get thrown into the air and a set of R46's gets thrown into the elevated structure of the (4) line demolishing 161 Street Station in the process. Is this logical?

Next: The same tornado rips through the Bronx, demolishing the (1) and (4) and (2) lines.

Now, the Tornado picks up a Metro North Lime train and it gets thrown in the air and crashes into a building in Times Square, and the building falls on the street crushing and demolishing Times Square. Is this realistic?

Okay, I want to make a Sequel to "Into The Storm" that's based in NYC, but I have a few questions.

Is the subway a good place to hide if a tornado of 300 MPH reaches NY?

I'm using a 3D model of a R142 10 Car Set train that gets lifted off the track and thrown into 161 Street Yard, crushing a work train and derailing a R46 that was laying up. Then the tornado reaches the Yard, and all the trains there get thrown into the air and a set of R46's gets thrown into the elevated structure of the (4) line demolishing 161 Street Station in the process. Is this logical?

Next: The same tornado rips through the Bronx, demolishing the (1) and (4) and (2) lines.

Now, the Tornado picks up a Metro North Lime train and it gets thrown in the air and crashes into a building in Times Square, and the building falls on the street crushing and demolishing Times Square. Is this realistic?

Doubt it. Remember, there are still entrances to the subways below, and the high speed of the wind will cause certain death to those around that area.

You ask a lot of questions...

The A car of an R142 (empty) weighs 72,000 lbs. The B car weighs 66,300 lbs. If a 10 car set has 4 A cars and 6 B cars then

(4 x 72,000) + (6 x 66,300) = 288,000 + 397,800

A 10 car train (empty) weighs 695,800 lbs...or 342.9 tons

A lot of this stuff you can look up on your own...

I'm sure it'll be safer to be underground than above ground during a tornado strike. Even with the openings, just like how people can be under bridges holding onto something and be okay (unless that's some Hollywood magic bullshit).

If you think about it, if you drop something heavy at a high velocity onto something else heavy of the same nature, it'll crush it.

Exactly, thats what Im trying to create, but, theres no elevated subway in the city and I cant create the scene unless i create a tornado half the size of manhattan thats carrying all the different subway cars and homes and cars, etc into Times Square. My plan is to have 2 sets of R188's crash into the building in Times Square and 5 R46's to crash into the subway entrance into Times Square station, and to have the tornado suck up the trains and the subway from beneath the street.

Exactly, thats what Im trying to create, but, theres no elevated subway in the city and I cant create the scene unless i create a tornado half the size of manhattan thats carrying all the different subway cars and homes and cars, etc into Times Square. My plan is to have 2 sets of R188's crash into the building in Times Square and 5 R46's to crash into the subway entrance into Times Square station, and to have the tornado suck up the trains and the subway from beneath the street.

If you don't mind me asking, what exactly are you working on? 

Archived