Amazon Holiday Gift Guide on the On The Go Travel Station

Union Tpke

post-6570-0-24034600-1418228756_thumb.jpg
Why brave the madness of Black Friday? It’s a question thousands of subway riders may ask themselves this weekend when they realize they can avoid the crowds by starting their holiday shopping at On The Go Travel Station kiosks programed by Control Group for NYC Transit. The kiosks showcase Amazon’s Consumer Electronics Holiday Gift Guide featuring transactional ads from the online retail giant. The campaign will create the first network of Digital Out Of Home (DOOH) storefronts in the nation’s busiest transit system.  The digital interactive screens will greet straphangers with curated content from Amazon’s Consumer Electronics Holiday Gift Guide, showcasing select products to up to 1.2 million riders per day at stations in the Bronx, Brooklyn and Manhattan through December 24th. With the swipe of a finger, users interacting with the kiosk can easily browse the latest in gaming, wearables, headphones and cameras while pushing a selected product to their smartphone to complete the purchase – all while waiting for their train. The On The Go user interface for the Holiday Gift Guide was designed by Amazon and by Control Group, a technology and design company based in Manhattan.

Read More: Source

But why go to a subway station when you have the convenience of staying home do the shopping anyway? Waste of money implementing this type of stuff in stations if you ask me. I hope it's Amazon or whatever store paying MTA and not the other way around.

EDIT ** I read it over again, so it basically can allow ONE person to view at a time? I think you're better off enabling WiFi and let customers view their stores on their phones since their glued to that already.

Archived