2015 (7) train service changes schedule

alekr

http://web.mta.info/nyct/service/7Line2015/MakingProgressin2015.htm

Standard shutdown in January with 2 weekends no trains btwn main st-willets point. Then Queensboro- Times Sq shutdown.

I noticed on the month of March the (7) is going have shutdown from 74th street- Times Square.

This might change in upcoming months.

It's the worst time to live along the (7)

Agree but on the plus side with the 74th street-Times Square shutdown LIRR cross-honoring service between Penn-Woodside and extra (E) service.

Free LIRR just to woodside? I would assume they will be running shuttle buses, but if not, they should've made it free to Willets point if not Main st. Still a pretty big gap from 61st to 74th.

UPDATE:

They changed a bit. On those weekends the (7) is going through new pattern. Never seen this 1 before but it nice to give a connection at Court Square. Maybe to save $ on the shuttle buses route. Only shuttle bus route between Hunters and Vernon-Jackson possible.  

Mar 14 - 16*
No trains between
Times Sq-42 St and
and Hunters Point Av
smGray_arrow.jpg
Mar 21 - 23*
smGray_arrow.jpg
Mar 28 - 30*

Free LIRR just to woodside? I would assume they will be running shuttle buses, but if not, they should've made it free to Willets point if not Main st. Still a pretty big gap from 61st to 74th.

They have shuttle buses running from 74th steeet- Queensboro then 2nd route from Queensboro to Vernon-Jackson. Beside the headways for this service change only 8 minutes apart. I think that the LIRR is a extra choice for riders whom needs to get to Manhattan quicker. Also multiple LIRR branches stop at Woodside only 3 minutes apart instead of Port Washington at Flushing every half-hour.

How crowded is the QB Line when the (7) is shut down West of 74th st?

Not sure. But they do send extra (E) trains from 179th street. The (E) gives lots of connection for riders; Queens plaza if they are lucky to get the (R), Court Sq, Lex Ave-53rd street for the (6), and 42nd street.

How crowded is the QB Line when the (7) is shut down West of 74th st?

More crowded than usual. I'd say after a (7) terminates, 25% of it's passengers go downstairs to QBL. Then it jams up the (E)(F)(R) already there for whatever reason. Well not jam but feels like rush hour with some breathing space. Normal weekend? A ton of standees with personal space.

More crowded than usual. I'd say after a (7) terminates, 25% of it's passengers go downstairs to QBL. Then it jams up the (E)(F)(R) already there for whatever reason. Well not jam but feels like rush hour with some breathing space. Normal weekend? A ton of standees with personal space.

That is kind of true. I think that why the LIRR is cross-honoring to "free" up some space on the QBL. Also they should offer "express" shuttle bus from 74th st- Queensboro with a stop at Woodside.

Archived