Bus improvements 2015

Union Tpke

Finally, the Madison Avenue buses should hopefully run more evenly. Though I find the M101/102 run even more poorly than the M1/2/3/4 and need serious schedule improvements 

They're all doing their own thing... Two M1's, two M2's, etc. etc. I just put in the intersection I'm at on BusTime, see what's coming and run to the stop and hope I'm catching a "batch" of buses that aren't packed to the rafters.  I got lucky the other night... Got a near empty M1... Three running in a pack...

They're all doing their own thing... Two M1's, two M2's, etc. etc. I just put in the intersection I'm at on BusTime, see what's coming and run to the stop and hope I'm catching a "batch" of buses that aren't packed to the rafters.  I got lucky the other night... Got a near empty M1... Three running in a pack...

I have the same experience, especially on weekends. As long as I catch one of those packs of buses, it's actually quite fast on weekends. But if I just miss a pack of them, forget about it. 

They should use artics on the Q27 especially durning rush hour. Maybe casey stengel can run 2 or 3 durning rush hour or schools days. Every morning 4 or 5 buses pass me by and they are packed before I'm able to get on  a bus.   

M42 AM peak doesn't really matter that much. There isn't really a set schedule to how they depart from the West Side, because (based on observation) the MTA schedules it based on how many people are waiting at Port Authority. There's a line of people there everyday and an MTA guy manages it, and you see lines of 2-3 buses waiting for the first one to leave.

Also then again it doesn't really matter, it's 1/2 a minute, not that big of a difference (of course there's a possibility ye might miss the train, but that happens now anyways).

Finally, the M103 is getting more service.... I think 1 BPH throughout most of the day would make enough of a difference for the route.

I do find it funny though that the M102 is getting the 1 BPH increase middays that the M103 isn't....

Finally, the Madison Avenue buses should hopefully run more evenly. Though I find the M101/102 run even more poorly than the M1/2/3/4 and need serious schedule improvements 

I can't convey with much conviction on how the Madison/5th routes run these days (sans the M5), but the 3rd/Lex routes... As someone that used to use the M103 with a certain level of regularity, I got quite sick of seeing 2-3 102's before a 103 came (the amt. of 101's that came didn't bother me to the same extent, being that I know how much of a 'horse the route overall is)....

Finally, the M103 is getting more service.... I think 1 BPH throughout most of the day would make enough of a difference for the route.

I do find it funny though that the M102 is getting the 1 BPH increase middays that the M103 isn't....

I can't convey with much conviction on how the Madison/5th routes run these days (sans the M5), but the 3rd/Lex routes... As someone that used to use the M103 with a certain level of regularity, I got quite sick of seeing 2-3 102's before a 103 came (the amt. of 101's that came didn't bother me to the same extent, being that I know how much of a 'horse the route overall is)....

agreed. It's ridiculous

• 4 weeks later...

They should use artics on the Q27 especially durning rush hour. Maybe casey stengel can run 2 or 3 durning rush hour or schools days. Every morning 4 or 5 buses pass me by and they are packed before I'm able to get on  a bus.   

Have you seen the Q17 and Q25? They need to stop short-turning Q34s at Flushing, and for some reason, I notice that Q25 ridership is so unbalanced.

This is the Q25 between some random place below Jewel Av and Holly Av.

• At Jewel Av, most buses 50% full, occasionally packed with QC students.
  • At Melborne or QC, capacity increases by 50%. 
  • At LIE, a crap ton of I.S. 237 (I go there) students get on. Takes like 5 minutes to get them all on.
  • Those at Booth Memorial have a hard time getting on, those at Rose Av, forget it.
  • Capacity increases 50% after everybody gets off the bus at Holly Av. Most students from that school are from the area in LIE.

Have you seen the Q17 and Q25? They need to stop short-turning Q34s at Flushing, and for some reason, I notice that Q25 ridership is so unbalanced.

• At LIE, a crap ton of I.S. 237 (I go there) students get on. Takes like 5 minutes to get them all on.
  • Those at Booth Memorial have a hard time getting on, those at Rose Av, forget it.
  • Capacity increases 50% after everybody gets off the bus at Holly Av. Most students from that school are from the area in LIE.
In my opinion they should kill the Q34 south of Flushing. 70% of the time it's always bunched with the Q25. Those I.S 237 kids have no manners or respect lol. I'm glad I'm almost in College no more long waits for a crowded bus with noisy kids.

The Q25 and Q25 LTD should run 5 minutes combined similar to the Q65. During off peak the Q25 should be adjusted so it can run every 8-10 minutes.

In my opinion they should kill the Q34 south of Flushing. 70% of the time it's always bunched with the Q25. Those I.S 237 kids have no manners or respect lol. I'm glad I'm almost in College no more long waits for a crowded bus with noisy kids.

The Q25 and Q25 LTD should run 5 minutes combined similar to the Q65. During off peak the Q25 should be adjusted so it can run every 8-10 minutes.ey

Buses need to be running at every 3 minutes between 2:30 to 3 to get all those students home!

If you kill Q34, the Q25 will still be bunched up by Q17. See, here's the thing:

The Q44 pretty much takes everything, Q20 can do whatever it wants to and no one will give a f***.

The Q27, Q17, Q25, and Q34 will share a line, and they all delay each other. Q17 will take away some passengers from the Q25, which allows it to speed up and throw the schedule out of wack. The Q65 is isolated so no bus driver will give a f*** that they aren't following the schedule, since there is nothing else possibly taking away Q65 ridership.

A major part Q25 service is imbalanced during that part is because the Q34 runs south of it. 

I would just leave the Q25 south of Flushing, no need to really mess it up for folks in Whitestone with shotty service. I would run the Q34 as a shuttle between those two points (or run it to Jamaica rush hours only and have a slight increase in headways middays).

In a later stage (it was mentioned as a proposal before), the Q20B could run over the Q34's part in Mitchell Gardens, and the Q34 could be outright eliminated (the Willets Pt Blvd section would not have anymore service, besides the QM20). 

....In a later stage (it was mentioned as a proposal before), the Q20B could run over the Q34's part in Mitchell Gardens, and the Q34 could be outright eliminated (the Willets Pt Blvd section would not have anymore service, besides the QM20). 

I would get rid of the Q20B before ever eliminating the Q34; the former is far more useless....

Too bad the mall isn't close enough to where the Q44 could somehow serve it... Done that walk many times to catch the Q44 heading either direction & it is a PITA; not for the distance per say, but for getting from one side of the whitestone expwy to the other....

Archived